blue screen with mn720 wireless adapter

I keep getting a blue screen when I use the mn720 wireless
adapter with Windows XP Profeesional. I have all the
latest updates for the products.
I previously used it for windows xp home edition with no
problems at all. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about blue screen mn720 wireless adapter

    I am having the same problem, obviously, its a Microsoft
    problem, and i do hope that they would help their
    customers a little better. I just recently purchased an
    Alienware Area-51m laptop and ever since i installed this
    card, ive been getting the BSOD.

    are you using windows skinning software or do you have ATI hydravision
    installed?

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 20:55:40 -0700,

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    51M also. You would think a Microsoft product would work
    on a microsoft operating system. Or am I just crazy! LOL

    but no hydravision.

    Is there anything in the event log that points to a specific driver or
    program?

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:26:57 -0700,

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was
    0x000000d1(0x00000010. 0x00000002.0x00000000.
    (0xa9e5b7c5). I also set the computer to give me a blue
    screen message instead of rebooting. It gives the same
    error plus it has mn720-.50 on the bottom of the screen
    which leads me to believe it the wireless card crashing
    the system.

    I'd be curious to know if you uninstalled the ms broadband utility
    (not the drivers) if it still crashes. in any case, if you post the
    SR# that the MS folks gave you on the phones I will try to escalate
    this.

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:49:04 -0700,

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    far it hasn't crashed at all. I never called Microsoft,
    so I have no SR# to give you.I will let u know if it
    crashes in the future. Thanks for the help.
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Same error message also. Maybe I'll buy a D-link
    wireless card and see if that works!
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Please give the MS support folks a call.

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:36:40 -0700,

    >>>I uninstalled the Microsoft Broadband software, and so
    >>far it hasn't crashed at all. I never called Microsoft,
    >>so I have no SR# to give you.I will let u know if it
    >>crashes in the future. Thanks for the help.
    >>.
    >>Strike that last post, it's still crashing big time.
    >Same error message also. Maybe I'll buy a D-link
    >wireless card and see if that works!

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist
    MS-MVP (Windows)

Routers Blue Screen Wireless Adapter Windows XP Networking