blue screen with mn720 wireless adapter

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I keep getting a blue screen when I use the mn720 wireless
adapter with Windows XP Profeesional. I have all the
latest updates for the products.
I previously used it for windows xp home edition with no
problems at all. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

I am having the same problem, obviously, its a Microsoft
problem, and i do hope that they would help their
customers a little better. I just recently purchased an
Alienware Area-51m laptop and ever since i installed this
card, ive been getting the BSOD.

are you using windows skinning software or do you have ATI hydravision
installed?

On Tue, 25 May 2004 20:55:40 -0700,

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

51M also. You would think a Microsoft product would work
on a microsoft operating system. Or am I just crazy! LOL

but no hydravision.

Is there anything in the event log that points to a specific driver or
program?

On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:26:57 -0700,

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was
0x000000d1(0x00000010. 0x00000002.0x00000000.
(0xa9e5b7c5). I also set the computer to give me a blue
screen message instead of rebooting. It gives the same
error plus it has mn720-.50 on the bottom of the screen
which leads me to believe it the wireless card crashing
the system.

I'd be curious to know if you uninstalled the ms broadband utility
(not the drivers) if it still crashes. in any case, if you post the
SR# that the MS folks gave you on the phones I will try to escalate
this.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:49:04 -0700,

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

far it hasn't crashed at all. I never called Microsoft,
so I have no SR# to give you.I will let u know if it
crashes in the future. Thanks for the help.

Same error message also. Maybe I'll buy a D-link
wireless card and see if that works!

Please give the MS support folks a call.

On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:36:40 -0700,