OOTP6: GAME KILLING bug

NEVER put ANYONE on the 60 man DL if that person is a veteran.

Why? It takes them off the 40 man roster, and you'll lose him.

WHY? Get this: THE GAME WON'T ALLOW YOU TO PUT HIM BACK IN THE MAJOR LEAGUE
ROSTER?

Why? For some idiotic reason, you can't put him back on the 40 man roster
from the Injured lineup, and you can't put him in the minors because he'll
refuse.

So, if a veteran gets injured, and you put him on the 60 man roster, you
might as well cut him from the team.

By the way, most VETERANS have rehab starts in the minors.

Jonah Falcon

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:34:21 GMT, Jonah Falcon wrote:

> NEVER put ANYONE on the 60 man DL if that person is a veteran.
>
> Why? It takes them off the 40 man roster, and you'll lose him.
>
> WHY? Get this: THE GAME WON'T ALLOW YOU TO PUT HIM BACK IN THE MAJOR LEAGUE
> ROSTER?
>
> Why? For some idiotic reason, you can't put him back on the 40 man roster
> from the Injured lineup, and you can't put him in the minors because he'll
> refuse.
>
> So, if a veteran gets injured, and you put him on the 60 man roster, you
> might as well cut him from the team.
>
> By the way, most VETERANS have rehab starts in the minors.
>
> Jonah Falcon

Do you mean 60 day DL?

I haven't seen this problem, but I haven't played OOTP6 enough to get past
the initial league draft, let alone put anyone on the DL yet. I haven't
seen anyone mention it on the OOTP message boards, but it's so nuts over
there right now that I'd never get to play OOTP6 if I was trying to keep up
with the message boards.

It might be more productive to mention the bug on their message boards so
that they can be alerted to fix it than to mention it here where none of us
can do anything about it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/

Sumbuddy

"Sumbuddy" <me@here.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:34:21 GMT, Jonah Falcon wrote:
>
> > NEVER put ANYONE on the 60 man DL if that person is a veteran.
> >
> > Why? It takes them off the 40 man roster, and you'll lose him.
> >
> > WHY? Get this: THE GAME WON'T ALLOW YOU TO PUT HIM BACK IN THE MAJOR
LEAGUE
> > ROSTER?
> >
> > Why? For some idiotic reason, you can't put him back on the 40 man
roster
> > from the Injured lineup, and you can't put him in the minors because
he'll
> > refuse.
> >
> > So, if a veteran gets injured, and you put him on the 60 man roster, you
> > might as well cut him from the team.
> >
> > By the way, most VETERANS have rehab starts in the minors.
> >
> > Jonah Falcon
>
> Do you mean 60 day DL?

Yes, sorry. When you put someone on the 60 day DL, it removes them from the
40 man roster. Furthermore, it doesn't let you put them BACK on the 40 man
roster from the DL. So, the answer is to:

a) release him
b) put the team under CPU control for a day
c) turn off 40 man rosters to change it.

It's been mentioned a ton of times in the OOTP6 message boards.

By the way, there's a constant crash bug, too. Many different reasons:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

It's obvious that this is a rushed product.

Jonah Falcon

>By the way, there's a constant crash bug, too. Many different reasons:
>
>http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14
>
>It's obvious that this is a rushed product.
>
>Jonah Falcon

Jonah? What the HELL are you doing?? I click the link and notice posts from
you, in your real name, and you're flaming people on the OOTP boards now! Give
it a rest buddy! You trying to piss off the remaining two people in this world
that you haven't already pissed off? No wonder why you're a Yankee fan. You
lack TACT buddy. Look that word up on dictionary.com sometime. And before you
bother pointing it out I'll just say that yes, I lack tact also. But it's the
fault of IDIOTS like you!!!!1111oneoneone