Can't make all 4 speakers to work!

G

I went from WindowsME to WindowsXP Pro today and everything is fine, except for one problem which is important to me.
Only 2 out of 4 of my speakers work. I used to fix that problem in WndowsME by using SurroundMixer from Creative. I have a Sound Blaster Live! Value. However, the driver/software update from www.soundblaster.com for WinowsXP Pro for my sound card is not working. When I try to install it it shows me some RC1 error and then it says it can't extract files properly. I redownloaded the file twice but I get the same result. I tried opening the file using WinXip manually. I opened and extracted everything I could but there was an error (I guess Creative should take better care of their drivers). I extracted in a folder. I poened it and I found a SBlive (drivers) and SurroundMixer folders. I manually installed drivers for WindowsXP Pro from the SBlive folder. SurroundMixer folder does not have a SETUP file...so ther is no way I can get a Surround Mixer. I tried to use a SurroundMixer for WIndowsME but it says FAILED everytime I launch it. What can I do? How can I enable all 4 speakers to work? I went to Sound properties and chosed QUADROPHONIC SPEAKERS but it didn't do anything. Please, help me. I have asked a guy with a Microsoft WindowsXP Certificate but he couldn't help, he said that he has the same problem. So can anybody here help? Also a note, WindowsXP update doesn't fix that error yet.
I BEG YOU! HELP ME!

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I feel your pain. Have the same annoying error. Uninstall all creative drivers, and let XP install its own. Then set to quadrophonic under xp's audio settings, and it shoudl work.

Sig of the week.

G

oh dude! I manually applied the drivers and then I set to Quadrophonic and it WORKS! So I have latest drivers and 4 speakers working! Do the same thing!

JP_MIGRAINE

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
i am having the same problem,i updated the drivers for xp and i still cant get the rear speakers to work.i have a soundblater live 5.1 i need help ...

eden

Champion
My problem is that most of the times games disable this. I hate how there is no option in SBLIVE that forces games to use my EAX settings, OR that it always keeps my 4.1 system enabled, because soemtimes I have to go to the EAX Control Panel, put back the echo, then open the Speakers option in it, set back to 4 from 2, reapply again the echo effects, go to the Sound Options on the taskbar, set back the Treble to max and Bass to middle... I HATE THIS.

--
I set my graphics aperture to 1024MB, why can't I open anything now? :mad: