Hi All, I need some help overclocking my system:

Athlon XP 1900 (unlocked)
1 x 256MB Samsung DDR333
Abit KX7-333R
2 x WD 40GB 8mb cache (RAID 0)
1 x IBM 40GB
ASUS GeForce4 Ti4200 8x
GlobalWIN CAKII

The maximum FSB I can achieve with RAM Timing set as default is 144MHz, anything beyond that and the system will not boot properly. Also, If I leave the FSB as 133MHz and increase the RAM Timing, the system is stable but when I running intense games/applications, I always get a memory error and the program closes.

I also heard that burning in the Samsung DDR333 will help increase the FSB but how long do I have to burn it in? I'm planning on purchasing another Samsung 256MB DDR333 stick or RAM. Is more RAM better for overclocking? Any suggestions with the BIOS/RAM/CPU/VCore/DDR Volt, etc settings?

Thanks.

More about : overclocking

March 6, 2003 7:26:56 AM

I would not recommend getting another stick of ram to increase your OC'ing efforts. Course it would help all other performance and shouldn't hurt the OC'ing. If you do, make sure you get the same exact as the first stick. First, samsung are not great OC'ers. They are usually overclocked lower speed sticks to start off with. EVEN so, you should be able to get a higher FSB. Try raising your volt a little higher (1.8/1.85 tops--any higher and you are getting a little warm but again that's your choice). Try lowering your multiplier too...I shot my down to 10.5 and it allowed my FSB to jump another 25. Every system is different. Good luck!

"Do or do not. There is no try."

-Who else but Yoda could utter such wisdom?
!