Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Technical question on RL2000

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 1:07:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In recent days my RL2000 keeps locking up. I have to remove the battery and
slap it with my hand to get it to turn on (after replacig the battery of
course). This is quite annoying. Is there anything I can do to get it to
work? It seems that it stays on longer if I disable it from going into
standby mode. Is this a known issue with these phones? I haven't dropped it.
I stopped by the Sprint store and they wanted to me to leave it over night
saying their tech were real busy but it seems that everytime I hear someone
that has a similar pronlem they tell them the same thing and give an excuse
that they're in an important meeting all day. How many meetings do these
guys go to? When I was in IT I never went to so many meetings and I was able
to get my work done.

My contract is up in just under two weeks and am moving to Nextel, in fact I
already have my Blackberry 7510 but since I still have to pay for Sprint I
want the damn phone to work and not have to keep it in their store over
night when all I think they're going to do it replace it since it still is
under warranty.
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 3:40:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Yep this is the problem causing the secret recall of Sanyo phones. Overheating
in charging or long phone calls causes the EXACT problem you are having. IT'S
A KNOWN ISSUE.

And the phone will be replaced IF YOU COMPLAIN.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 1:27:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040626194023.05051.00000509@mb-m24.aol.com...
> Yep this is the problem causing the secret recall of Sanyo phones.
Overheating
> in charging or long phone calls causes the EXACT problem you are having.
IT'S
> A KNOWN ISSUE.

OK- you have played this one long enough. The only way you could know any
of this is because you are in possession of the list. Produce it, or admit
your lies. I don't expect you to porduce it, because it doesn't exist.


>
> And the phone will be replaced IF YOU COMPLAIN.

So will any Verizon, Nextel, ATT, Cingular or T-Mobile phone, IF YOU
COMPLAIN.
Related resources
July 9, 2004 7:21:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

And for the real secret.... What is the list of Sanyo phones that qualify?

"Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040626194023.05051.00000509@mb-m24.aol.com...
> Yep this is the problem causing the secret recall of Sanyo phones.
Overheating
> in charging or long phone calls causes the EXACT problem you are having.
IT'S
> A KNOWN ISSUE.
>
> And the phone will be replaced IF YOU COMPLAIN.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 9:40:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <kboHc.45166$a24.36592@attbi_s03>,
"ME" <mark.egan2.nodamnspam@comcast.net> wrote:

> And for the real secret.... What is the list of Sanyo phones that qualify?
>
> "Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:20040626194023.05051.00000509@mb-m24.aol.com...
> > Yep this is the problem causing the secret recall of Sanyo phones.
> Overheating
> > in charging or long phone calls causes the EXACT problem you are having.
> IT'S
> > A KNOWN ISSUE.
> >
> > And the phone will be replaced IF YOU COMPLAIN.

Have you got the problem? If so, complain.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 10:30:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-A8E3F7.00405809072004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@faq.cIty says...
> In article <kboHc.45166$a24.36592@attbi_s03>,
> "ME" <mark.egan2.nodamnspam@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > And for the real secret.... What is the list of Sanyo phones that qualify?
> >
> > "Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
> > news:20040626194023.05051.00000509@mb-m24.aol.com...
> > > Yep this is the problem causing the secret recall of Sanyo phones.
> > Overheating
> > > in charging or long phone calls causes the EXACT problem you are having.
> > IT'S
> > > A KNOWN ISSUE.
> > >
> > > And the phone will be replaced IF YOU COMPLAIN.
>
> Have you got the problem? If so, complain.
>

That's a really perfect example of the kinds of non-answers that are
your stock in trade, Phillie.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 11:18:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Update:
Well, last week I brought the phone in and they said I have to leave it over
night, of course, and I did. I asked for a phone number to call to see if it
was ready and the rep wrote it on the receipt. The next day I called twice
and no one answered the phone but the phone definately picked up because it
stopped ringing after three or four rings... didn't but me into a voice mail
and there was no message like 'press 1 for this and press 2 for that'. So, I
went to the store and the rep I spoke to that day told me that the phone
will be replaced and he gave me a new phone, no questions asked because they
couldn't turn it on. Later today though I will be porting my number over to
Nextel in which I already have my Blackberry 7510. Fine, more money but more
services. At least with Nextel I can get emails from up to 10 pop3
addresses, something Sprint needs to change if they want to keep their
corporate customers. I also get free incoming calls, free local direct
connect, unlimited data and email, free nights and weekends and 350 minutes.

"ME" <mark.egan2.nodamnspam@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:kboHc.45166$a24.36592@attbi_s03...
> And for the real secret.... What is the list of Sanyo phones that qualify?
>
> "Nebby0007" <nebby0007@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:20040626194023.05051.00000509@mb-m24.aol.com...
> > Yep this is the problem causing the secret recall of Sanyo phones.
> Overheating
> > in charging or long phone calls causes the EXACT problem you are having.
> IT'S
> > A KNOWN ISSUE.
> >
> > And the phone will be replaced IF YOU COMPLAIN.
>
>
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 2:14:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

The techs I have spoke to at Sprint tell of the secret database they use with
70+ pages of known issues on Sanyo, at pinpoint.com.

A major problem: - Overheating during charging and long phone calls. This
heating deteriorates the circuitry until the phones become unisable.

You think SprintPCS is going to publicize that its Sanyo phones are
biodegradable?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 6:54:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

".com" <wimax0007@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040710061443.12159.00001379@mb-m01.aol.com...
> The techs I have spoke to at Sprint tell of the secret database they use
with
> 70+ pages of known issues on Sanyo, at pinpoint.com.

Then you admit to never seeing anything personally regarding this foolish
claim.

>
> A major problem: - Overheating during charging and long phone calls. This
> heating deteriorates the circuitry until the phones become unisable.

And this is documented where?

>
> You think SprintPCS is going to publicize that its Sanyo phones are
> biodegradable?

Can you point me to the source that publicizes other carrier's problems with
Sanyo (or any other manufacturer's) phones? Or is it your intent to post
that Sprint is the only carrier to either have problems with phones or not
make it public?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 10:55:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <20040710061443.12159.00001379@mb-m01.aol.com>, wimax0007
@aol.com says...
> The techs I have spoke to at Sprint tell of the secret database they use with
> 70+ pages of known issues on Sanyo, at pinpoint.com.
>

You're lying. AGAIN.

pinpoint.com has nothing to do with SPCS.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 2:01:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

".com" wrote:
>
> The techs I have spoke to at Sprint tell of the secret database they use with
> 70+ pages of known issues on Sanyo, at pinpoint.com.

While you can't hear us laughing at you, over the Internet, I'm surprised
you're missing it at wherever it is these techs are located.

Techs, in a soft whisper: "Hey! Here comes that guy. What should we tell
him, today? How about one concerning flying saucers landing on our building?
Nah, he'll never go for it. How about our "secret database?" Yeah, that's
it. Ha, ha, ha!"

Notan
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 2:05:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:55:08 +0000, O/Siris wrote:

> In article <20040710061443.12159.00001379@mb-m01.aol.com>, wimax0007
> @aol.com says...
>> The techs I have spoke to at Sprint tell of the secret database they use with
>> 70+ pages of known issues on Sanyo, at pinpoint.com.
>>
>
> You're lying. AGAIN.
>
> pinpoint.com has nothing to do with SPCS.


This is almost priceless as far as humour goes. I'm surprised this person
has not blamed the secret new world underground government for having such a
"secret database" not disclosed to the public. I see alarmist conspiracy
theorists aren't limited to politics but now cell phone mfrs? OMG! This is
almost as sad as it is funny.



Dave
a
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 10:39:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <pan.2004.07.28.04.59.06.346381@hormel.com>,
David W. Studemaneat_your_own_spam@hormel.com says...
> This is almost priceless as far as humour goes. I'm surprised this person
> has not blamed the secret new world underground government for having such a
> "secret database" not disclosed to the public. I see alarmist conspiracy
> theorists aren't limited to politics but now cell phone mfrs? OMG! This is
> almost as sad as it is funny.
>

And all he had to do ahead of time was just GO to
www.pinpoint.com and he'd find NOTHING related to SPCS.
It's a mobile content service that works with *Verizon*.

Why they'd have *any* support database of ours was,
apparently, too complex a thought for Phillie, so he
abandoned his false crusade.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
**A thing moderately good is not so good as it
ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a
virtue, but moderation in principle is always a
vice.**
-Thomas Paine. The Rights of Man. 1792-
!