Windows 7 64bit Pro Media Playe Problems

pyroking567

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem or has a fix/suggestions on what to do, My computer runs fine (recently upgraded from XP => 7) and everything was going smooth and from week 2 or so on my media player at a random time opens up and so i go to close it ( red "x", right click in taskbar "close", right click top left corner of media player, Ctrl+alt+del task manager "end task/process) and no matter which way i try to close it, it always keeps popping up to the point where i have to restart my computer (logging of doesnt work) i have tried straight up deleting the files but when i go to it says "you need permission from trusted installer".

I dont know if i aquired a virus from somewhere or what? or if theres some backround file trying to play? or my media manager is messed up or what?

Your response is greatly appreciated
Matt Klos

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Pyroking567,

What type of an install did you perform when you were migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7? Did you perform an upgrade or custom installation?

Also, prior to migrating to Windows 7 from Windows XP did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor?
To determine if your current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Another resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

pyroking567

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Jessica,

In all honesty i do not remember what type of install I did. what I can tell you is that I purchased an OEM copy of Windows 7 64Bit Professional OS from Tigerdirect.com and installed it on my computer with no problems what soever. I did run the compatibility configure program and it said that I am fully capable of upgrading to Windows 65Bit Ultimate OS but i have no need for ultimate thats why I purchased Professional. I do have a 64Bit compatible CPU I will list my PC specs below (custom build) the only thing which I am aware of is the lack of space on my primary drive as it is only 80gb and has a large video on it now (and I have a separate 500gb drive). If you have any more suggestions I try the steps in the link above in this thread about configuring my media player to launch manually rather than automatically it was already set to manual so I tried disabling it completely and that still didnt work. If you have any other suggestions please let me know if not then ohh well.

PC Specs:
ASUS P5N-D nVidia 750i chipset
Intel Q8400 quad core @2.66ghz
SLI XFX9800GTX+ GPUs
4GB Crucial Ballastix DDR2 RAM
80GB Primary SATA HDD
500GB Extra Storage SATA HDD
750W Silencer PSU
Coolermaster HAF932 Case
Wireless G PCI expansion card
OS= Windows 7 Professional 64 BIT OS
other fans case pieces etc...

Thanks alot,
Matt Klos
aka Pyroking567

pyroking567

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
To all:

I have figured part of it out, I am using a Razer Lycosa Mirror (special edition) and it has touch sensitive buttons for media in the upper corner and that is what is causing it, In the Razer panel I had set default media player to "windows media player" but now I set it to Real player and it does the same thing just only Real Player opens up but doesn't take complete control over everything I have open. I am going to try to disable the media keys or re-configure my keyboard but as for now the immediate problem is fixed (sorta, basically I can still work although Real Player is open unlike WMP where it took complete control.

Thanks for our help,
Pyroking567

TRENDING THREADS