How to do a one timer in NHL 2004

I just got NHL 2004 (for the PC) and was wondering how you do a
one-timer that I've been reading about.

Thanks in advance!

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"BigKhat" <khatcat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just got NHL 2004 (for the PC) and was wondering how you do a
> one-timer that I've been reading about.
>
> Thanks in advance!

When you pass, have the "shoot" button already pushed before it gets to the
player you are passing to. It also works on rebounds or loose pucks.

turk

"turk" <turk96@_*&^%#^&cast.net> wrote in message news:<6Ztjc.49446$IW1.2894874@attbi_s52>...
> "BigKhat" <khatcat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I just got NHL 2004 (for the PC) and was wondering how you do a
> > one-timer that I've been reading about.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> When you pass, have the "shoot" button already pushed before it gets to the
> player you are passing to. It also works on rebounds or loose pucks.
>
> turk

Does it matter which kind of pass you use? Also, do you have to
release the shoot button inorder to shoot?

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Yes, you have to release the shoot button for a shot to be taken.
Jamie

> "turk" <turk96@_*&^%#^&cast.net> wrote in message
> > "BigKhat" <khatcat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I just got NHL 2004 (for the PC) and was wondering how you do a
> > > one-timer that I've been reading about.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > When you pass, have the "shoot" button already pushed before it gets to
the
> > player you are passing to. It also works on rebounds or loose pucks.
> >
> > turk
>
> Does it matter which kind of pass you use? Also, do you have to
> release the shoot button inorder to shoot?

All you have to do is install the game, play it once, then chuck it...
that's a one-timer. ;)

Seriously, this seems to be the first time that EA Sports even tried
to make the game closer to a sim in quite a while, but it's still too
far away for me. Still way too offense-oriented for me. I might be
interested in getting the next version though, if they continue to
move in the direction they are going.

--
Bill
(Please remove "no-spam" from address when replying)

if you use any instant messengers like icq or msn... we could hook up for a
game and ill show you how to do them....