Saitek Dual Analog Pad and Madden

How do you get the game to react to the analog sticks? Having problems. For
example, according to the Madden instruction booklet if you want to change the
direction of a play, you push the right analog stick. However, nothing seems
to happen. Does one have to do a full install? Every now and then a
"Playmaker" sign shows up on the screen, but the analog sticks don't seem to do
much else. Any suggestions?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about saitek dual analog madden
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On 30 Apr 2004 23:24:32 GMT, jimfor@aol.comNOSPAM (JimFor) wrote:

    >How do you get the game to react to the analog sticks? Having problems. For
    >example, according to the Madden instruction booklet if you want to change the
    >direction of a play, you push the right analog stick. However, nothing seems
    >to happen. Does one have to do a full install? Every now and then a
    >"Playmaker" sign shows up on the screen, but the analog sticks don't seem to do
    >much else. Any suggestions?

    I can't help you with the Saitek, but it works fine with my Logitech
    Cordless Rumblepad.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I had the same problem with my Saitek. Running the auto updater to
    get the latest patch fixed it.

    brian

    jimfor@aol.comNOSPAM (JimFor) wrote in message news:<20040430192432.24684.00000656@mb-m29.aol.com>...
    > How do you get the game to react to the analog sticks? Having problems. For
    > example, according to the Madden instruction booklet if you want to change the
    > direction of a play, you push the right analog stick. However, nothing seems
    > to happen. Does one have to do a full install? Every now and then a
    > "Playmaker" sign shows up on the screen, but the analog sticks don't seem to do
    > much else. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >I had the same problem with my Saitek. >Running the auto updater to
    >get the latest patch fixed it.

    Is that the patch for the Saitek? Did you do a complete install?

    Thanks
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    sorry I wasn't more specific. That was the latest madden patch. It
    was a known bug in the initial release of madden that it wouldn't
    recognize the second stick consistently on a number of dual analog
    gamepads.

    I also have the latest saitek drivers and I did the full install of
    all the saitek stuff including their special configuration tools,
    although I've never actually used them. Getting the latest drivers is
    almost always the way to go, but I really think the madden patch will
    do the trick. Your problem is identical to mine, right down to the
    playmaker symbol popping up from time to time when I tried to use it.

    good luck,
    brian

    jimfor@aol.comNOSPAM (JimFor) wrote in message news:<20040505200733.22585.00000914@mb-m16.aol.com>...
    > >I had the same problem with my Saitek. >Running the auto updater to
    > >get the latest patch fixed it.
    >
    > Is that the patch for the Saitek? Did you do a complete install?
    >
    > Thanks
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Thanks!

PC gaming Games Saitek IBM Video Games