Saitek Dual Analog Pad and Madden

How do you get the game to react to the analog sticks? Having problems. For
example, according to the Madden instruction booklet if you want to change the
direction of a play, you push the right analog stick. However, nothing seems
to happen. Does one have to do a full install? Every now and then a
"Playmaker" sign shows up on the screen, but the analog sticks don't seem to do
much else. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew

On 30 Apr 2004 23:24:32 GMT, jimfor@aol.comNOSPAM (JimFor) wrote:

>How do you get the game to react to the analog sticks? Having problems. For
>example, according to the Madden instruction booklet if you want to change the
>direction of a play, you push the right analog stick. However, nothing seems
>to happen. Does one have to do a full install? Every now and then a
>"Playmaker" sign shows up on the screen, but the analog sticks don't seem to do
>much else. Any suggestions?

I can't help you with the Saitek, but it works fine with my Logitech
Cordless Rumblepad.

I had the same problem with my Saitek. Running the auto updater to
get the latest patch fixed it.

brian

jimfor@aol.comNOSPAM (JimFor) wrote in message news:<20040430192432.24684.00000656@mb-m29.aol.com>...
> How do you get the game to react to the analog sticks? Having problems. For
> example, according to the Madden instruction booklet if you want to change the
> direction of a play, you push the right analog stick. However, nothing seems
> to happen. Does one have to do a full install? Every now and then a
> "Playmaker" sign shows up on the screen, but the analog sticks don't seem to do
> much else. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

>I had the same problem with my Saitek. >Running the auto updater to
>get the latest patch fixed it.

Is that the patch for the Saitek? Did you do a complete install?

Thanks

sorry I wasn't more specific. That was the latest madden patch. It
was a known bug in the initial release of madden that it wouldn't
recognize the second stick consistently on a number of dual analog
gamepads.

I also have the latest saitek drivers and I did the full install of
all the saitek stuff including their special configuration tools,
although I've never actually used them. Getting the latest drivers is
almost always the way to go, but I really think the madden patch will
do the trick. Your problem is identical to mine, right down to the
playmaker symbol popping up from time to time when I tried to use it.

good luck,
brian