OOTP JOINS SI INTERACTIVE (CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER)

OOTP just joined forces with Championship Manager :)

Jonah Falcon
10 answers Last reply
More about ootp joins interactive championship manager
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    That's interesting news; link to the info???
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Glenn Weeks" <tglenn29@speakeasywascausedbyprohibition.net> wrote in
    message news:roGdncHFQelVxQTdRVn-jA@speakeasy.net...
    > That's interesting news; link to the info???

    From the e-mail they sent out...

    Breaking News - Out of the Park Baseball Team joins Sports Interactive!
    We are delighted to announce that the development team of our highly
    acclaimed baseball management game, Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP), has
    joined forces with Sports Interactive (SI), the creator of the world famous
    Championship Manager soccer management games.

    This move combines the baseball knowledge of the OOTP team with the
    experience and marketing power of SI, enabling us to create the best
    baseball management game possible and opening the doors to a much broader
    audience.

    "Sports Interactive has always been the industry standard for sports
    management game developers, and Championship Manager is regarded by most as
    the 'Holy Grail' of sports simulations," says Markus Heinsohn, lead
    developer of OOTP. "This is the chance to take Out of the Park Baseball to
    the same level of depth, playability and immersiveness of the Championship
    Manager, soon to be Football Manager, series. The SI team is simply amazing
    and a great source of inspiration."

    "Over the past couple of years we have carefully monitored and nurtured the
    best independent game development talent working on sports management
    simulations; a process which has already led to the successful integration
    of the Eastside Hockey team into our own," adds Miles Jacobson, Managing
    Director of Sports Interactive. "We have been in discussion with Markus and
    his team for quite a while and feel that now is the perfect time for us to
    begin working together. We believe that our management simulation expertise
    will help the Out of the Park team to achieve its undoubted potential, while
    their knowledge and experience of baseball will allow us to expand our reach
    into one of the world's largest and most important markets."

    As part of the deal, Markus Heinsohn and Aurelio Barrios have moved to
    London, UK, and now work in the SI head offices in Islington, London. Steve
    Kuffrey and Andreas Raht continue to work for the new OOTP team from the USA
    and Germany. The company Out of the Park Developments remains located in
    Stade, Germany, and continues to produce and market OOTP6, ITP, and the
    Title Bout Boxing games.

    OOTP 6 continues to be supported and updated throughout the year. The first
    version of the SI version of Out of the Park Baseball in scheduled for a
    late 2005 release.

    You can discuss the news in the Sports Interactive Forums! There will be an
    OOTP forum set up shortly.

    turk
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Thanks - of course, if I had checked my other e-mail first and/or performed
    a Google search first for SI Interactive.... It's been a long day.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Glenn Weeks" <tglenn29@speakeasywascausedbyprohibition.net> wrote in
    message news:4L2dnUiwC-0JAwTdRVn-ug@speakeasy.net...
    > Thanks - of course, if I had checked my other e-mail first and/or
    performed
    > a Google search first for SI Interactive.... It's been a long day.

    Of course, the bad news is that the next release is "late 2005". Great
    planning there. It was bad enough that OOTP missed opening day by a couple
    weeks this year. Hopefully though, SI will have higher quality control
    standards and release a game that is actually playable on release, which
    would be a step up from this year's OOTP.

    turk
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Yeah maybe I'll get my head to head play that was promised to be patched
    the week after release. Of course they removed the post that said that
    from their boards, can't have any evidence.

    turk wrote:
    > "Glenn Weeks" <tglenn29@speakeasywascausedbyprohibition.net> wrote in
    > message news:4L2dnUiwC-0JAwTdRVn-ug@speakeasy.net...
    >
    >>Thanks - of course, if I had checked my other e-mail first and/or
    >
    > performed
    >
    >>a Google search first for SI Interactive.... It's been a long day.
    >

    > Of course, the bad news is that the next release is "late 2005". Great
    > planning there. It was bad enough that OOTP missed opening day by a couple
    > weeks this year. Hopefully though, SI will have higher quality control
    > standards and release a game that is actually playable on release, which
    > would be a step up from this year's OOTP.
    >
    > turk

  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Dan S" <dan@work.com> wrote in message
    > Yeah maybe I'll get my head to head play that was promised to be patched
    > the week after release. Of course they removed the post that said that
    > from their boards, can't have any evidence.

    Well, they pushed the release back a few weeks after getting the preorder
    money. Now that they have everyone's money who bought the game, what's the
    rush for them developing online play?

    turk
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Funny, I'm enjoying the game as is.

    "turk" <turk96@attbi.com> wrote in message
    > "Dan S" <dan@work.com> wrote in message
    > > Yeah maybe I'll get my head to head play that was promised to be patched
    > > the week after release. Of course they removed the post that said that
    > > from their boards, can't have any evidence.
    >
    > Well, they pushed the release back a few weeks after getting the preorder
    > money. Now that they have everyone's money who bought the game, what's
    the
    > rush for them developing online play?
    >
    > turk

  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Funny, I'm enjoying the game as is.

    That's not the point. The game was promised as having an online play
    feature. Then, the claim was that online play would be left out so they
    could save A WEEK in development time and release the game A WEEK early. A
    patch was going to follow A WEEK later with online play. They could at
    least be straight with their customers instead of playing games, much like
    they did when they dishonestly took pay in advance pre-orders for a game
    based on opening day claims.

    turk
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >That's not the point. The game was promised as having an online play
    >feature. Then, the claim was that online play would be left out so they
    >could save A WEEK in development time and release the game A WEEK early. A
    >patch was going to follow A WEEK later with online play. They could at
    >least be straight with their customers instead of playing games, much like
    >they did when they dishonestly took pay in advance pre-orders for a game
    >based on opening day claims.
    >
    >turk

    Do you ever stop whining?
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On 5/11/04 7:38 PM, in article 20040511203802.11461.00001347@mb-m18.aol.com,
    "ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> wrote:

    >> That's not the point. The game was promised as having an online play
    >> feature. Then, the claim was that online play would be left out so they
    >> could save A WEEK in development time and release the game A WEEK early. A
    >> patch was going to follow A WEEK later with online play. They could at
    >> least be straight with their customers instead of playing games, much like
    >> they did when they dishonestly took pay in advance pre-orders for a game
    >> based on opening day claims.
    >>
    >> turk
    >
    > Do you ever stop whining?

    Says the biggest crybaby on the board.