Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SPCS offers new International Roaming options

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 7:17:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Just noticed this on the wires, and thought it might be of interest to
someone here ...
http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_ge.jsp?news_id=cmt...
and in case this link gets broken, here's the tiny URL -
http://tinyurl.com/2geb4

Bob
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 7:17:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <hKfEc.4955$lh4.3903@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Bob
Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Just noticed this on the wires, and thought it might be of interest to
> someone here ... <http://tinyurl.com/2geb4&gt;

Actually, the story isn't about international roaming, but about rates
for international calls from your Sprint PCS phone.

Unfortunately, even with the $4/month plan, the rates are somewhat
uneven. For example:

REGULAR PLAN
Australia 0.77 0.07
Brazil 1.01 0.14
Canada 0.42 0.20
Costa Rica 0.89 0.27
France 0.64 0.07
India 1.54 0.32
Japan 0.78 0.07
Mexico 0.39 0.09
Philippines 1.10 0.17
Russia 1.86 0.20
South Africa 0.99 0.36
United Kingdom 0.49 0.06

Some of those are pretty good rates, but 20 cents to Canada is no
bargain. Also, of course, you have to be a pretty frequent
international caller to make the monthly fee worthwhile -- but you can
probably get significantly better rates from a dialaround if you call
that much.

--
Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * lincmad@suespammers.org
<http://www.LincMad.com&gt; * primary e-mail: Telecom at LincMad dot com
All U.S. and California anti-spam laws apply, incl. CA BPC 17538.45(c)
This text constitutes actual notice as required in BPC 17538.45(f)(3).
DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS. You have been warned.
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 10:42:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Linc Madison" <lincmad@suespammers.org> wrote in message
news:290620041017059516%lincmad@suespammers.org...
> In article <hKfEc.4955$lh4.3903@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Bob
> Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Just noticed this on the wires, and thought it might be of interest to
> > someone here ... <http://tinyurl.com/2geb4&gt;
>
> Actually, the story isn't about international roaming, but about rates
> for international calls from your Sprint PCS phone.

Actually, a part of that news release is about International Roaming, as the
article said that with the $15 option, one could use up to 50% of their
minutes while calling *within* Canada.
>
> Unfortunately, even with the $4/month plan, the rates are somewhat
> uneven. For example:
>
> REGULAR PLAN
> Australia 0.77 0.07
> Brazil 1.01 0.14
> Canada 0.42 0.20
> Costa Rica 0.89 0.27
> France 0.64 0.07
> India 1.54 0.32
> Japan 0.78 0.07
> Mexico 0.39 0.09
> Philippines 1.10 0.17
> Russia 1.86 0.20
> South Africa 0.99 0.36
> United Kingdom 0.49 0.06
>
> Some of those are pretty good rates, but 20 cents to Canada is no
> bargain. Also, of course, you have to be a pretty frequent
> international caller to make the monthly fee worthwhile -- but you can
> probably get significantly better rates from a dialaround if you call
> that much.
>
> --
> Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * lincmad@suespammers.org
> <http://www.LincMad.com&gt; * primary e-mail: Telecom at LincMad dot com
> All U.S. and California anti-spam laws apply, incl. CA BPC 17538.45(c)
> This text constitutes actual notice as required in BPC 17538.45(f)(3).
> DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS. You have been warned.
!