Behringer DDX3216 & Cubase?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 10, 2005 4:55:03 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a DDX3216 console and was wondering how well it
hooks up with cubase. I hear a mixer map is needed for this, where can
this be found? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Marc Brevoort
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:29:09 PM

In article <1108072503.697056.87890@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> mrjb@dnd.utwente.nl writes:

> I'm thinking of getting a DDX3216 console and was wondering how well it
> hooks up with cubase. I hear a mixer map is needed for this, where can
> this be found? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Three possibilities:

- A Cubase forum/group
- A Behringer forum/group
- You have to create it yourself

Usually people keep asking the same question until someone actually
takes the bull by the horns, makes one (which will no doubt not have
some control that someone else wants) and maybe offers to share it.

Generally these things turn out to be more work than anyone can
possible imagine so they never get done unless a manufacturer does it.

February 11, 2005 12:00:41 AM

"kleinebre" <mrjb@dnd.utwente.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of getting a DDX3216 console and was wondering how well it
> hooks up with cubase. I hear a mixer map is needed for this, where can
> this be found? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
>
> Best Regards,
> Marc Brevoort

Marc:

You can find a Cubase 16 channel mixer map and a 32 channel VST settings
file (whatever that is) at the Behringer website:

http://www.behringer.com/DDX3216/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Just click on the link for "Software updates" and you are ready to go.

Unfortunately for us Sonar users, there is no panel software yet. I'm
working on a revised Studioware panel to control all the faders, mutes, aux
and FX sends. But, I'm waiting for info from Behringer about how to
implement some of these features. In any event, since you are already using
Cubase, you should be all set.

Craig
February 11, 2005 4:45:33 AM

kleinebre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of getting a DDX3216 console and was wondering how well it
> hooks up with cubase. I hear a mixer map is needed for this, where can
> this be found? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
>
> Best Regards,
> Marc Brevoort

If anyone would know this guy would

Chris Gomez
Administrator, Technical Support
BEHRINGER The Americas., Inc.
Tel: +1 425 672 0816 ext.194
Fax: +1 425 673 7647
Email: c.gomez@behringer.com
www.behringer.com

They Encourage contact
feel free to pick his brain
george
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 7:53:02 AM

"kleinebre" <mrjb@dnd.utwente.nl> wrote in message news:<1108072503.697056.87890@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of getting a DDX3216 console and was wondering how well it
> hooks up with cubase. I hear a mixer map is needed for this, where can
> this be found? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
>
> Best Regards,
> Marc Brevoort

Found what I was looking for, thanks for answering!
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:17:43 PM

George Gleason wrote:

> If anyone would know this guy would

> Chris Gomez
> Administrator, Technical Support
> BEHRINGER The Americas., Inc.
> Tel: +1 425 672 0816 ext.194
> Fax: +1 425 673 7647
> Email: c.gomez@behringer.com
> www.behringer.com

> They Encourage contact
> feel free to pick his brain

Chris is topnotch. I must say the support humans from Beri with whom
I've worked have been as good as it gets.

--
ha
!