Best game ever

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

directly from the E3:

http://feisar.de/content/gfx_en_gamehype.html

;)
6 answers Last reply
More about best game ever
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<2gphdcF58h31U1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > directly from the E3:
    >
    > [snip]

    Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
    anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.

    Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "G" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    > Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
    > anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.
    >
    > Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?

    Yep, Sierra is doing a new LSL but the original creator, Al Lowe, doesn't
    have anything to do with it (despite his offers of collaboration). Without
    Al in the mix, I'm not expecting much.

    --
    Bob Perez

    "Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
    quit playing."
    - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "G" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > directly from the E3:
    > >
    > > [snip]
    > >

    > Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
    > anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.
    >
    > Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?

    And people try to raise the devil too! I guess people will do any sort of
    evil act for a quick buck
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Bob Perez" <abuse@fcc.gov> wrote in message news:<10air5ba8et5q62@news.supernews.com>...
    > "G" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > "A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
    > > anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.
    > >
    > > Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?
    >
    > Yep, Sierra is doing a new LSL but the original creator, Al Lowe, doesn't
    > have anything to do with it (despite his offers of collaboration). Without
    > Al in the mix, I'm not expecting much.

    True. So True. His sense of humor made the original game for sure. To
    this day I remember just how hard I laughed when the stray dog wizzes
    on you if you stand on the street corner too long without doing
    anything. The whole thing was like one long running joke. It's the
    "Airplane" of video games IMO.

    The remake looks like it's more of a modern Frat Boy (Larry's Nephew)
    theme, not the aging Disco hipster. I dunno. If it's really funny, and
    not just lame I would be very surprised... but pleasently so for sure.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > > > Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?
    > >
    > > Yep, Sierra is doing a new LSL but the original creator, Al Lowe,
    doesn't
    > > have anything to do with it (despite his offers of collaboration).
    Without
    > > Al in the mix, I'm not expecting much.
    >

    > True. So True. His sense of humor made the original game for sure. To
    > this day I remember just how hard I laughed when the stray dog wizzes
    > on you if you stand on the street corner too long without doing
    > anything. The whole thing was like one long running joke. It's the
    > "Airplane" of video games IMO.

    Yep, Al himself is a classic and I really look forward to seeing him get
    back in the business at some level. I think he's having too much fun in
    retirement, though.
    --
    Bob Perez

    "Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
    quit playing."
    - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    The original Monkey Island has it for me, although I have never played
    any of the LSL games.

    "Bob Perez" <abuse@fcc.gov> wrote in message news:<10anspt703ffq91@news.supernews.com>...
    > "G" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > > Yep, Sierra is doing a new LSL but the original creator, Al Lowe,
    > doesn't
    > > > have anything to do with it (despite his offers of collaboration).
    > Without
    > > > Al in the mix, I'm not expecting much.
    > >

    > > True. So True. His sense of humor made the original game for sure. To
    > > this day I remember just how hard I laughed when the stray dog wizzes
    > > on you if you stand on the street corner too long without doing
    > > anything. The whole thing was like one long running joke. It's the
    > > "Airplane" of video games IMO.
    >
    > Yep, Al himself is a classic and I really look forward to seeing him get
    > back in the business at some level. I think he's having too much fun in
    > retirement, though.

PC gaming Games IBM RPG Video Games