Best game ever

unkn2232324

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<2gphdcF58h31U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> directly from the E3:
>
> [snip]

Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.

Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?

"G" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
> anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.
>
> Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?

Yep, Sierra is doing a new LSL but the original creator, Al Lowe, doesn't
have anything to do with it (despite his offers of collaboration). Without
Al in the mix, I'm not expecting much.

--
Bob Perez

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
quit playing."
- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"G" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > directly from the E3:
> >
> > [snip]
> >

> Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
> anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.
>
> Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?

And people try to raise the devil too! I guess people will do any sort of
evil act for a quick buck

"Bob Perez" <abuse@fcc.gov> wrote in message news:<10air5ba8et5q62@news.supernews.com>...
> "G" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "A. Siegfried" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
> > Well, "ever" is an awefully long time. Personally, I don't think
> > anything will ever top the original Leisure Suit Larry.
> >
> > Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?
>
> Yep, Sierra is doing a new LSL but the original creator, Al Lowe, doesn't
> have anything to do with it (despite his offers of collaboration). Without
> Al in the mix, I'm not expecting much.

True. So True. His sense of humor made the original game for sure. To
this day I remember just how hard I laughed when the stray dog wizzes
on you if you stand on the street corner too long without doing
anything. The whole thing was like one long running joke. It's the
"Airplane" of video games IMO.

The remake looks like it's more of a modern Frat Boy (Larry's Nephew)
theme, not the aging Disco hipster. I dunno. If it's really funny, and
not just lame I would be very surprised... but pleasently so for sure.

> > > Speaking of which, isn't Vivendi bringing Larry back?
> >
> > Yep, Sierra is doing a new LSL but the original creator, Al Lowe,
doesn't
> > have anything to do with it (despite his offers of collaboration).
Without
> > Al in the mix, I'm not expecting much.
>

> True. So True. His sense of humor made the original game for sure. To
> this day I remember just how hard I laughed when the stray dog wizzes
> on you if you stand on the street corner too long without doing
> anything. The whole thing was like one long running joke. It's the
> "Airplane" of video games IMO.

Yep, Al himself is a classic and I really look forward to seeing him get
back in the business at some level. I think he's having too much fun in
retirement, though.
--
Bob Perez

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
quit playing."
- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

The original Monkey Island has it for me, although I have never played
any of the LSL games.