Your question

How to locate webcam on dell inspiron n5040

Last response: in Windows 7
June 13, 2012 11:56:39 PM

can u please tell me the steps to locate my webcam on dell inspiron N 5040
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2012 5:27:57 AM

step 1) open the laptop by lifting the lid containing the LCD from the keyboard
step 2) fix your eyes to the location above the LCD screen in the middle of the frame

viola! Now you have located the webcam.
m
l
June 15, 2012 8:32:22 PM

Hi,
My name is Rajesh and I work for Dell Social Media Forum. The Inspiron N5040 system comes with an optional integrated, 0.3MP, high-speed USB 2.0-compliant personal camera. It is a high speed USB 2.0 compliant webcam for portables to pair with the resolution of image of 640 X 480. The camera integrates a USB 2.0 controller, color-processing engine and high-quality image to provide up to 30fps at VGA (640x480) size in high speed mode.
The camera is located at the top of the LCD and is fixed, which means the camera itself does not move. However, the software it uses provides limited panning abilities.
The camera comes installed with the Dell™ Webcam Central software suite.
You can acess the webcam application under START—ALL Programs—Dell Webcam Central

Thanks,
Dell-Rajesh K
m
l
Related resources
June 15, 2012 10:59:36 PM

DELL_Rajesh_K said:
Hi,
My name is Rajesh and I work for Dell Social Media Forum. The Inspiron N5040 system comes with an optional integrated, 0.3MP, high-speed USB 2.0-compliant personal camera. It is a high speed USB 2.0 compliant webcam for portables to pair with the resolution of image of 640 X 480. The camera integrates a USB 2.0 controller, color-processing engine and high-quality image to provide up to 30fps at VGA (640x480) size in high speed mode.
The camera is located at the top of the LCD and is fixed, which means the camera itself does not move. However, the software it uses provides limited panning abilities.
You can acess the webcam application under START—ALL Programs—Dell Webcam Central

Thanks,
Dell-Rajesh K

Thanks Rajesh for the detail. This helped me out
m
l
November 2, 2012 12:16:08 AM

DELL_Rajesh_K said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Dell-Rajesh K

Hi Rajesh...I'm helping a friend with her N5040 that she just got back from Dell for a HD replacement, and the Webcam Software is nowhere to be found. How can I get the software?
m
l
!