Triple Play 2000

mark

I haven't played a baseball game on any computer (or console) for
at least the last 10 years and decided to take the plunge. I found a
new EA Classics copy of Triple Play 2000 for all of $5 at a local
discount retailer and decided to buy it. I have an old Celeron-based
computer which I bought many moons ago (1000 or more for sure)
which has a Voodoo3 3000 AGP video card and is running the
original Windows 98. I installed the game on this computer.

Without ever reading the manual, I decided to jump right in and play
the game. I played on Rookie difficulty (of course) with everything at
their default settings and was the Yankees playing against the Padres.
I had a great game, I waxed the Padres 23-5. What impressed me
was how user-friendly Triple Play 2000 is. Controls are clearly
displayed on the screen and I had no problems pitching or hitting balls.
It comes across as an arcade experience but it was Rookie difficulty
and all. Too bad the final driver set 3dfx released is somewhat buggy
since I get an error message after a game ends. Will have to try it on
a newer box. I have since looked at the manual and look forward to
giving TP2000 more of a go since I see there are a lot of controls I
wasn't aware of when I played earlier today.

So how is MVP Baseball? Any older games in the High Heat series
worth picking up that work OK in Windows XP? How is the
availability of patches for these games?

Alai

> Without ever reading the manual, I decided to jump right in and play
> the game. I played on Rookie difficulty (of course) with everything at
> their default settings and was the Yankees playing against the Padres.
> I had a great game, I waxed the Padres 23-5. What impressed me
> was how user-friendly Triple Play 2000 is. Controls are clearly
> displayed on the screen and I had no problems pitching or hitting balls.
> It comes across as an arcade experience but it was Rookie difficulty
> and all. Too bad the final driver set 3dfx released is somewhat buggy
> since I get an error message after a game ends. Will have to try it on
> a newer box. I have since looked at the manual and look forward to
> giving TP2000 more of a go since I see there are a lot of controls I
> wasn't aware of when I played earlier today.

Play about 5 more game of Triple Play. You'd be so sick of it you'll want
to take a bath.

> So how is MVP Baseball? Any older games in the High Heat series
> worth picking up that work OK in Windows XP? How is the
> availability of patches for these games?

Pick up High Heat 2001, if you can find it. You'll enjoy it 1000 times
better than that Toilet Paper baseball game you got.

BTW HH2001 had some patches, but I'm not sure about XP compatibility.

On Mon, 17 May 2004 01:36:07 -0700, "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net>
wrote:

>BTW HH2001 had some patches, but I'm not sure about XP compatibility.

It's not compatible with XP. It will install and play but you will
soon see it has some sort of sound issue under XP.

On Mon, 17 May 2004 20:26:36 -0700, Allan Sheely <NO@MAIL.HERE> wrote:

>It's not compatible with XP. It will install and play but you will
>soon see it has some sort of sound issue under XP.

Sorry, I meant HH2002 is NFG on XP. I don't have HH2001 so not sure if
it has a problem on XP or not.