Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any Way To Delete Pre-Loaded Ringtones, Games, etc.

Tags:
  • Sprint PCS
  • Games
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 12:28:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Can anyone tell me how to delete ringtones, screen savers and any games that
may have come pre-loaded on a Sanyo RL2000 phone? I was trying to download
a 58k ringtone and kept getting a 901 error. The techs at Sprint say it's
due to a lack of memory available to store anything else ... but I've only
downloaded a few ringtones (about 2 or 3) and two screen savers, neither
which is animated. I want to free up as possible. Thanks!!

--
Kyle

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
$1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect a
reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

More about : delete pre loaded ringtones games

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 8:11:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <40e4ac35$0$8741
$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>, Sens Fan Happy In
OhioGoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com says...
> Can anyone tell me how to delete ringtones, screen savers and any games that
> may have come pre-loaded on a Sanyo RL2000 phone? I was trying to download
> a 58k ringtone and kept getting a 901 error. The techs at Sprint say it's
> due to a lack of memory available to store anything else ... but I've only
> downloaded a few ringtones (about 2 or 3) and two screen savers, neither
> which is animated. I want to free up as possible. Thanks!!
>
> --
> Kyle
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect a
> reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)
>
>
>

I think you've got something else going on. Is the ringer
provided by SPCS?

--
-+-
RØß
O/Siris
I work for SprintPCS
I *don't* speak for them.
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 6:26:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In news:MPG.1b4e9c69e21cc39a989a32@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
<0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
placed fingers to keyboard for this:
>
> I think you've got something else going on. Is the ringer
> provided by SPCS?

No, it's from a 3rd party website that gives them for free download. The
tech person at my local Sprint store said that if I wanted to download I had
to free up memory. Trouble is, I've only downloaded a small amount of stuff
.... two screen savers (non-animated) and three ringtones.
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 9:47:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <40e6fa32$0$94676$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com says...
> In news:MPG.1b4e9c69e21cc39a989a32@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
> <0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
> writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
> and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
> placed fingers to keyboard for this:
> >
> > I think you've got something else going on. Is the ringer
> > provided by SPCS?
>
> No, it's from a 3rd party website that gives them for free download. The
> tech person at my local Sprint store said that if I wanted to download I had
> to free up memory. Trouble is, I've only downloaded a small amount of stuff
> ... two screen savers (non-animated) and three ringtones.

Some websites "customize" the download for the particular phone being
used. The first people I'd ask about that download is the site
you're trying to get it from.

BTW, "customize" isn't literal. But they *do* code a bit differently
for the different browsers some of our newer phones use.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 5:31:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In news:D 1759e74d97a5fcbe149c7fa1a6a76bd@news.teranews.com, O/Siris
<0siris@sprîntpcs.com> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
placed fingers to keyboard for this:
>
> Some websites "customize" the download for the particular phone being
> used. The first people I'd ask about that download is the site
> you're trying to get it from.
>
> BTW, "customize" isn't literal. But they *do* code a bit differently
> for the different browsers some of our newer phones use.

So maybe try a different ringtone and see what happens? I got one earlier
from their site and it worked fine. I've got a few others I'd love to get
from there too. BTW ... using the Sanyo RL2000, how do I upload MIDIs from
my PC to my phone? I downloaded a few ringtones as MIDIs and wanted to move
them to the phone. How can I do this?
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 9:56:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <40e9905e$0$65757
$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>, Sens Fan Happy In
OhioGoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com says...
> So maybe try a different ringtone and see what happens? I got one earlier
> from their site and it worked fine. I've got a few others I'd love to get
> from there too.

Maybe three or four of 'em. It's possible that one ringer
is messed up, or not getting properly "transmitted" to the
phone. You might even consider finding one other site, or
take the plunge and buy one from SPCS, just to see if it'll
load up. You can always get a refund on it from the "My
Content Manager".

> BTW ... using the Sanyo RL2000, how do I upload MIDIs from
> my PC to my phone? I downloaded a few ringtones as MIDIs and wanted to move
> them to the phone. How can I do this?

Any ringers or phone download site that gives you some
"personal" space (I.e. 3GUpload's "Locker") will enable
that for you. For a fairly small annual fee (or an even
smaller 6 month one), 3GUpload is my personal favorite.

You could also purchase a cable and software to do it
directly from your PC to your phone.

http://www.susteen.com
http://www.futuredial.com

Those are just the two of whom I'm aware that offer both
software and cable. Susteen sells "Datapilot," which is
more of an all-in-one solution. Futuredial seems to get
compatible faster, though the tradeoff appears to be that
you have to buy a different piece of software for each task
the cable allows. Read each site to see more of what I
mean.

You'll also find that, once you have a cable, there are
other software solutions, some of them free.

http://bitpim.sourceforge.net

That's one example.

--
-+-
RØß
O/Siris
I work for SprintPCS
I *don't* speak for them.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 5:41:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:
>>
>
> http://www.3gupload.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=sho...
>
> Several sites actually have the procedure. I just use 3GUpload
> myself.
>
> Basically, convert the file (most likely MP3 format) to WAV format
> with certain settings (the 3GUpload procedure mentions WinAmp, but I
> actually use MusicMatch Jukebox. Any MP3 player that can convert as
> desired will work). Cut out the piece you want to use, and convert
> it to Qualcomm's "PureVoice" format with a tool that Qualcomm
> provides for it.

Yes. Qualcomm provides the converter for free, and then you upload it.

What I found out today is that it takes a little work, but you can put a
file - graphic, ringer or Java2 Mobile Edition application - on the web,
point your phone's browser to it and download and install it rather easily.
There are some specific steps you have to follow, though. Having said that,
I'm planning on putting some stuff I will be creating on the web...

Hold on, I'll be back shortly and post some of the links I found...

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 6:25:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@justthe.net> wrote:

> Hold on, I'll be back shortly and post some of the links I found...

Try these...

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~butta/vision.html
This site describes serving Vision content off your own web server. It
doesn't describe creating WAP-capable websites, just putting the content
on the server so people can install it directly from an URL you provide.

http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/
Useful Sprint file uploader. Enter your phone number and you'll get a text
message with a link to the file you're uploading, or enter a sprintpcs.com
email address to get the link sent to your PCS mail account, or enter
0000000000 to not get it sent (in which case you just fire up your browser
and type in the URL yourself).

http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products/purevoice_do...
Download page for PureVoice Converter which will convert between
wav files and qcp files. As far as I can tell, the big deal about qcp
files is that they employ compression to keep your download size low.

http://www.xingtone.com/
edits audio files and can send them to your phone as ringers. Haven't
tried this yet, but it looks cool.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
If you don't want to bother with Xingtone, this is a great program I use
often to mix down and edit audio tracks. Open source and available for
Windows and Linux and (maybe) Mac. Reads Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and WAV files.

http://www.sprintdevelopers.com/
Helpful information for people wanting to create content for Sprint devices.

http://developer.sprintpcs.com/
More helpful information, as well as channels to get your content officially
blessed by Sprint PCS.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 4:13:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <40ede44e$0$27231$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com> wrote:

> In news:MPG.1b53524370f2751a989a33@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
> <0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
> writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
> and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
> placed fingers to keyboard for this:
> >
> > Any ringers or phone download site that gives you some
> > "personal" space (I.e. 3GUpload's "Locker") will enable
> > that for you. For a fairly small annual fee (or an even
> > smaller 6 month one), 3GUpload is my personal favorite.

A Vision Account is the way to go here. Do all your downloads under your
free 2 month Trial.


> >
> > You could also purchase a cable and software to do it
> > directly from your PC to your phone.
> >
> > http://www.susteen.com
> > http://www.futuredial.com

However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.

Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
available from other carriers at the same price point.

You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:02:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In news:rmarkoff-30944E.07134109072004@news05.east.earthlink.net, Røbert M.
<rmarkoff@faq.cIty> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
fingers to keyboard for this:
>
> However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
> SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
> to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
>
> Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
> available from other carriers at the same price point.
>
> You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:03:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In news:rmarkoff-30944E.07134109072004@news05.east.earthlink.net, Røbert M.
<rmarkoff@faq.cIty> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
fingers to keyboard for this:
>
> However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
> SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
> to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
>
> Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
> available from other carriers at the same price point.
>
> You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.

Is this correct? You can only have three downloaded ringtones on a Sanyo
RL2000??? Say it isn't so?!?!
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:31:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio <GoingForTheCup@gosensgo.com> wrote:

>> Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
>> available from other carriers at the same price point.
>>
>> You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
>
> Is this correct? You can only have three downloaded ringtones on a Sanyo
> RL2000??? Say it isn't so?!?!

I'm just curious how much memory the Motorolas have. My Samsung 660 seems
to have about 1MB of memory for user-downloaded and default applications/
images/ringers.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
July 10, 2004 3:02:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:13:42 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
wrote:

>In article <40ede44e$0$27231$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
> "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com> wrote:
>
>> In news:MPG.1b53524370f2751a989a33@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
>> <0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
>> writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
>> and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
>> placed fingers to keyboard for this:
>> >
>> > Any ringers or phone download site that gives you some
>> > "personal" space (I.e. 3GUpload's "Locker") will enable
>> > that for you. For a fairly small annual fee (or an even
>> > smaller 6 month one), 3GUpload is my personal favorite.
>
>A Vision Account is the way to go here. Do all your downloads under your
>free 2 month Trial.
>
>
>> >
>> > You could also purchase a cable and software to do it
>> > directly from your PC to your phone.
>> >
>> > http://www.susteen.com
>> > http://www.futuredial.com
>
>However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
>SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
>to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
>
>Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
> available from other carriers at the same price point.
>
>You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.

Anyone figure out how to use the Bluetooth connection of the T608
for this?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 4:36:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <40ef3254$0$29531$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com> wrote:

> In news:rmarkoff-30944E.07134109072004@news05.east.earthlink.net, Røbert M.
> <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
> was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
> then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
> fingers to keyboard for this:
> >
> > However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
> > SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
> > to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
> >
> > Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
> > available from other carriers at the same price point.
> >
> > You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
>
> Is this correct? You can only have three downloaded ringtones on a Sanyo
> RL2000??? Say it isn't so?!?!

If you use Vision, and delete all the factory supplied demo software,
you'll have ~ 800K available, and can fit many dozen ringtones in
downloaded over the internet.

If you're using FutureDial's SnapMedia and a USB cable, you are limited
to YES 3 (three) ringtones for downloading to your phone.
!