Any Way To Delete Pre-Loaded Ringtones, Games, etc.

Can anyone tell me how to delete ringtones, screen savers and any games that
may have come pre-loaded on a Sanyo RL2000 phone? I was trying to download
a 58k ringtone and kept getting a 901 error. The techs at Sprint say it's
due to a lack of memory available to store anything else ... but I've only
downloaded a few ringtones (about 2 or 3) and two screen savers, neither
which is animated. I want to free up as possible. Thanks!!

--
Kyle

$1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)
13 answers Last reply
More about delete loaded ringtones games

    In article <40e4ac35$0$8741
    $ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>, Sens Fan Happy In
    OhioGoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com says...
    > Can anyone tell me how to delete ringtones, screen savers and any games that
    > may have come pre-loaded on a Sanyo RL2000 phone? I was trying to download
    > a 58k ringtone and kept getting a 901 error. The techs at Sprint say it's
    > due to a lack of memory available to store anything else ... but I've only
    > downloaded a few ringtones (about 2 or 3) and two screen savers, neither
    > which is animated. I want to free up as possible. Thanks!!
    >
    > --
    > Kyle
    >
    > Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
    > $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    > obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect a
    > reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

    I think you've got something else going on. Is the ringer
    provided by SPCS?

    --
    -+-
    RØß

    In news:MPG.1b4e9c69e21cc39a989a32@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
    <0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > I think you've got something else going on. Is the ringer
    > provided by SPCS?

    No, it's from a 3rd party website that gives them for free download. The
    tech person at my local Sprint store said that if I wanted to download I had
    to free up memory. Trouble is, I've only downloaded a small amount of stuff
    .... two screen savers (non-animated) and three ringtones.

    In article <40e6fa32$0$94676$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
    GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com says...
    > In news:MPG.1b4e9c69e21cc39a989a32@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
    > <0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    > writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    > and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    > placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    > >
    > > I think you've got something else going on. Is the ringer
    > > provided by SPCS?
    >
    > No, it's from a 3rd party website that gives them for free download. The
    > tech person at my local Sprint store said that if I wanted to download I had
    > to free up memory. Trouble is, I've only downloaded a small amount of stuff
    > ... two screen savers (non-animated) and three ringtones.

    Some websites "customize" the download for the particular phone being
    used. The first people I'd ask about that download is the site
    you're trying to get it from.

    BTW, "customize" isn't literal. But they *do* code a bit differently
    for the different browsers some of our newer phones use.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In news:d1759e74d97a5fcbe149c7fa1a6a76bd@news.teranews.com, O/Siris
    <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    placed fingers to keyboard for this:

    > Some websites "customize" the download for the particular phone being
    > used. The first people I'd ask about that download is the site
    > you're trying to get it from.
    >
    > BTW, "customize" isn't literal. But they *do* code a bit differently
    > for the different browsers some of our newer phones use.

    So maybe try a different ringtone and see what happens? I got one earlier
    from their site and it worked fine. I've got a few others I'd love to get
    from there too. BTW ... using the Sanyo RL2000, how do I upload MIDIs from
    my PC to my phone? I downloaded a few ringtones as MIDIs and wanted to move
    them to the phone. How can I do this?

    In article <40e9905e$0$65757
    $ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>, Sens Fan Happy In
    OhioGoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com says...
    > So maybe try a different ringtone and see what happens? I got one earlier
    > from their site and it worked fine. I've got a few others I'd love to get
    > from there too.

    Maybe three or four of 'em. It's possible that one ringer
    is messed up, or not getting properly "transmitted" to the
    phone. You might even consider finding one other site, or
    take the plunge and buy one from SPCS, just to see if it'll
    load up. You can always get a refund on it from the "My
    Content Manager".

    > BTW ... using the Sanyo RL2000, how do I upload MIDIs from
    > my PC to my phone? I downloaded a few ringtones as MIDIs and wanted to move
    > them to the phone. How can I do this?

    Any ringers or phone download site that gives you some
    "personal" space (I.e. 3GUpload's "Locker") will enable
    that for you. For a fairly small annual fee (or an even
    smaller 6 month one), 3GUpload is my personal favorite.

    You could also purchase a cable and software to do it
    directly from your PC to your phone.

    http://www.susteen.com
    http://www.futuredial.com

    Those are just the two of whom I'm aware that offer both
    software and cable. Susteen sells "Datapilot," which is
    more of an all-in-one solution. Futuredial seems to get
    compatible faster, though the tradeoff appears to be that
    you have to buy a different piece of software for each task
    the cable allows. Read each site to see more of what I
    mean.

    You'll also find that, once you have a cable, there are
    other software solutions, some of them free.

    http://bitpim.sourceforge.net

    That's one example.

    --
    -+-
    RØß

    O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:

    > http://www.3gupload.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=11
    >
    > Several sites actually have the procedure. I just use 3GUpload
    > myself.
    >
    > Basically, convert the file (most likely MP3 format) to WAV format
    > with certain settings (the 3GUpload procedure mentions WinAmp, but I
    > actually use MusicMatch Jukebox. Any MP3 player that can convert as
    > desired will work). Cut out the piece you want to use, and convert
    > it to Qualcomm's "PureVoice" format with a tool that Qualcomm
    > provides for it.

    Yes. Qualcomm provides the converter for free, and then you upload it.

    What I found out today is that it takes a little work, but you can put a
    file - graphic, ringer or Java2 Mobile Edition application - on the web,
    point your phone's browser to it and download and install it rather easily.
    There are some specific steps you have to follow, though. Having said that,
    I'm planning on putting some stuff I will be creating on the web...

    Hold on, I'll be back shortly and post some of the links I found...

    Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@justthe.net> wrote:

    > Hold on, I'll be back shortly and post some of the links I found...

    Try these...

    http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~butta/vision.html
    This site describes serving Vision content off your own web server. It
    doesn't describe creating WAP-capable websites, just putting the content
    on the server so people can install it directly from an URL you provide.

    http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/
    Useful Sprint file uploader. Enter your phone number and you'll get a text
    message with a link to the file you're uploading, or enter a sprintpcs.com
    email address to get the link sent to your PCS mail account, or enter
    0000000000 to not get it sent (in which case you just fire up your browser
    and type in the URL yourself).

    http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products/purevoice_download.jsp
    Download page for PureVoice Converter which will convert between
    wav files and qcp files. As far as I can tell, the big deal about qcp
    files is that they employ compression to keep your download size low.

    http://www.xingtone.com/
    edits audio files and can send them to your phone as ringers. Haven't
    tried this yet, but it looks cool.

    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    If you don't want to bother with Xingtone, this is a great program I use
    often to mix down and edit audio tracks. Open source and available for
    Windows and Linux and (maybe) Mac. Reads Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and WAV files.

    http://www.sprintdevelopers.com/
    Helpful information for people wanting to create content for Sprint devices.

    http://developer.sprintpcs.com/
    More helpful information, as well as channels to get your content officially
    blessed by Sprint PCS.

    In article <40ede44e$0$27231$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com> wrote:

    > In news:MPG.1b53524370f2751a989a33@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
    > <0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    > writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    > and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    > placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    > >
    > > Any ringers or phone download site that gives you some
    > > "personal" space (I.e. 3GUpload's "Locker") will enable
    > > that for you. For a fairly small annual fee (or an even
    > > smaller 6 month one), 3GUpload is my personal favorite.

    A Vision Account is the way to go here. Do all your downloads under your
    free 2 month Trial.

    > > You could also purchase a cable and software to do it
    > > directly from your PC to your phone.
    > >
    > > http://www.susteen.com
    > > http://www.futuredial.com

    However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
    SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
    to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.

    Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
    available from other carriers at the same price point.

    You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In news:rmarkoff-30944E.07134109072004@news05.east.earthlink.net, Røbert M.
    <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
    > SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
    > to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
    >
    > Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
    > available from other carriers at the same price point.
    >
    > You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In news:rmarkoff-30944E.07134109072004@news05.east.earthlink.net, Røbert M.
    <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
    > SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
    > to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
    >
    > Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
    > available from other carriers at the same price point.
    >
    > You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.

    Is this correct? You can only have three downloaded ringtones on a Sanyo
    RL2000??? Say it isn't so?!?!
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio <GoingForTheCup@gosensgo.com> wrote:

    >> Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
    >> available from other carriers at the same price point.
    >>
    >> You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
    >
    > Is this correct? You can only have three downloaded ringtones on a Sanyo
    > RL2000??? Say it isn't so?!?!

    I'm just curious how much memory the Motorolas have. My Samsung 660 seems
    to have about 1MB of memory for user-downloaded and default applications/
    images/ringers.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:13:42 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
    wrote:

    >In article <40ede44e$0$27231$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
    > "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:MPG.1b53524370f2751a989a33@netnews.comcast.net, O/Siris
    >> <0sîrîs@sprîntpcs.côm> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
    >> writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
    >> and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
    >> placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    >> >
    >> > Any ringers or phone download site that gives you some
    >> > "personal" space (I.e. 3GUpload's "Locker") will enable
    >> > that for you. For a fairly small annual fee (or an even
    >> > smaller 6 month one), 3GUpload is my personal favorite.
    >
    >A Vision Account is the way to go here. Do all your downloads under your
    >free 2 month Trial.
    >

    >> > You could also purchase a cable and software to do it
    >> > directly from your PC to your phone.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.susteen.com
    >> > http://www.futuredial.com
    >
    >However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
    >SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
    >to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
    >
    >Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
    > available from other carriers at the same price point.
    >
    >You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.

    Anyone figure out how to use the Bluetooth connection of the T608
    for this?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <40ef3254$0$29531$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
    "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com> wrote:

    > In news:rmarkoff-30944E.07134109072004@news05.east.earthlink.net, Røbert M.
    > <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    > was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    > then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    > fingers to keyboard for this:
    > >
    > > However with the cheapie Sanyo phones and their segmented memory,
    > > SnapMedia will download a Grand Total of 3 (THREE) ringtones
    > > to the Sanyo RL 2500 or RL 7300.
    > >
    > > Compare that with the 830 Ringtone capacity of a Motorola v400 or v600
    > > available from other carriers at the same price point.
    > >
    > > You read that correct: Three versus Eight Hundred and thirty.
    >
    > Is this correct? You can only have three downloaded ringtones on a Sanyo
    > RL2000??? Say it isn't so?!?!

    If you use Vision, and delete all the factory supplied demo software,
    you'll have ~ 800K available, and can fit many dozen ringtones in
    downloaded over the internet.

    If you're using FutureDial's SnapMedia and a USB cable, you are limited
    to YES 3 (three) ringtones for downloading to your phone.

Sprint PCS Games Internet Service Providers