Opinions Needed on New Audio Website

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
February 10, 2005 10:46:55 PM

Hello All,
I am in the process of finishing up my Beta website that sell audio
accessories like cable and connectors. I would love some input on the
site as to how it is stocked and how it navigates.

The site is www.wholesaleaudioaccessories.com

Regards, Henry
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:22:11 PM

I actually had a view things in my cart and decided not to pull the trigger
for 2 reasons:

1. With a store like yours that sells many small items it is not cost
effective for me to spend $10.50 on postage when my items totalled less than
$20! You've added 50% to my cost which is unacceptable. Those small items I
picked could be sent for less than $5.00.

2. I like to put more things in my cart than I actually end up purchasing.
When I went to "view my cart" before I was ready to pay, it said my cart was
empty. Very frustrating! That is a critical fix.

Neil R
"Henry" <henry@wholesaleaudioaccessories.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I am in the process of finishing up my Beta website that sell audio
> accessories like cable and connectors. I would love some input on the
> site as to how it is stocked and how it navigates.
>
> The site is www.wholesaleaudioaccessories.com
>
> Regards, Henry

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:52:50 PM

With every price ending in .95 or .99
it gives the impression of Retail rather than
wholesale. How about quantity pricing
instead of minimum quantities.

rd
February 11, 2005 4:18:54 AM

First of all, a small dark blue font on a black background is a total
pain in the ass to read... what't the point of that? If you must have
a different color, try something readable such as yellow, light blue,
etc.

Al

On 10 Feb 2005 19:46:55 -0800, "Henry"
<henry@wholesaleaudioaccessories.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>I am in the process of finishing up my Beta website that sell audio
>accessories like cable and connectors. I would love some input on the
>site as to how it is stocked and how it navigates.
>
>The site is www.wholesaleaudioaccessories.com
>
>Regards, Henry
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 4:20:33 AM

On 10 Feb 2005 20:52:50 -0800, "OT" <annonn@juno.com> wrote:

>With every price ending in .95 or .99
>it gives the impression of Retail rather than
>wholesale. How about quantity pricing
>instead of minimum quantities.
>
>rd

Paying $17.95 for a simple right angle 1/4" phono plug also gives a
strong impression of retail... I can buy a whole cable with the plug
included for that kind of (retail) money.

Al
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 7:07:47 AM

"Henry" <henry@wholesaleaudioaccessories.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I am in the process of finishing up my Beta website that sell audio
> accessories like cable and connectors. I would love some input on the
> site as to how it is stocked and how it navigates.

Well, when you asked this question a couple of weeks ago, several people
mentioned that your content is off the right hand side of the browser. It
still is. Are you going to listen this time?

Also, (and this was also mentioned last time you asked) it would be a good
idea to make it clearer that the prices on your items are for *multiple*
pieces of each part. Otherwise, people will take one look, and think you
are trying to rip them off, as the current layout leads one to believe it is
priced at "each", unless you look carefully. When you do notice that the
prices are for multiple parts, it does appear to be very competitively
priced.

Of course, I'm asssuming you are actually looking for input, as opposed to
just asking for the purpose of driving people to your site. That would get
very tiring, very quickly. I suggest you address the concerns people have
voiced to this question already, and let your prices draw the inevitable
customers due to the good will of people spreading the news by word of
mouth. Repeated requests for input which gets ignored will only earn you a
bad reputation. Good luck!

Kendall

> The site is www.wholesaleaudioaccessories.com
>
> Regards, Henry

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 7:17:11 AM

> First of all, a small dark blue font on a black background is a total
> pain in the ass to read... what't the point of that? If you must have
> a different color, try something readable such as yellow, light blue,
> etc.
>
> Al

I told them the same thing a few weeks ago. So, either they are idiots,
or, they are idiots.

John Hardy
February 11, 2005 8:59:22 AM

On 10 Feb 2005 19:46:55 -0800, "Henry"
<henry@wholesaleaudioaccessories.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>I am in the process of finishing up my Beta website that sell audio
>accessories like cable and connectors. I would love some input on the
>site as to how it is stocked and how it navigates.
>
>The site is www.wholesaleaudioaccessories.com

Those satin-lined boxes for the 'Audiophile Interconnects' were a real
hoot!

A_C
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 10:54:09 AM

Since you are asking about how the site 'navigates'...
The general markup validator of the world wide web consortium returns
102 errors on your mainpage.
If you want to feel a little bit more frustrated, check BOBBY for
accessibility issues of your page as well, the list is so big that I
couldn't even count the problems/issues.

Regards,

Evangelos

%
Evangelos Himonides
IoE, University of London
tel: +44 2076126599
fax: +44 2076126741

"Allas to those who never sing but die with all their music in them..."

Oliver Wendell Holmes
%
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 11:15:59 AM

On 10 Feb 2005 19:46:55 -0800, "Henry"
<henry@wholesaleaudioaccessories.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>I am in the process of finishing up my Beta website that sell audio
>accessories like cable and connectors. I would love some input on the
>site as to how it is stocked and how it navigates.
>
>The site is www.wholesaleaudioaccessories.com
>
>Regards, Henry

Beware everybody - this is not a serious site. I've just been through
a pretend purchase, and you get to the part where you start supplying
personal details without establishing a secure socket connection.
Everything you type is collectable in clear over the internet.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 1:01:30 PM

In article <os3p01lf6f5qktpd6f5cv5inhg1370ppce@4ax.com> Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com writes:

> Those satin-lined boxes for the 'Audiophile Interconnects' were a real
> hoot!

You mean you don't put all your cables back in their boxes after a
session? Don't you know that exposure to dust and ozone weakens the
signal and degrades the sound quality? <g>

February 11, 2005 3:39:47 PM

play_on wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2005 20:52:50 -0800, "OT" <annonn@juno.com> wrote:
>

>>With every price ending in .95 or .99
>>it gives the impression of Retail rather than
>>wholesale. How about quantity pricing
>>instead of minimum quantities.
>>
>>rd
>

> Paying $17.95 for a simple right angle 1/4" phono plug also gives a
> strong impression of retail... I can buy a whole cable with the plug
> included for that kind of (retail) money.
>
> Al

i thought one would be getting 16 of them for that price
George
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:30:32 PM

"George Gleason" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> play_on wrote:
>> On 10 Feb 2005 20:52:50 -0800, "OT" <annonn@juno.com> wrote:
>>

>>> With every price ending in .95 or .99
>>> it gives the impression of Retail rather than
>>> wholesale. How about quantity pricing
>>> instead of minimum quantities.
>>>
>>> rd
>>

>> Paying $17.95 for a simple right angle 1/4" phono plug also gives a
>> strong impression of retail... I can buy a whole cable with the plug
>> included for that kind of (retail) money.

Usually, their prices for parts like this are for quantity 5 or 10.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:23:18 PM

John Hardy wrote:

> I told them the same thing a few weeks ago. So, either they are idiots,
> or, they are idiots.

See Don Pearce's comments... They might be less than idiots, but
malevolent.

--
ha
Anonymous

> John Hardy wrote:
>

>>> I told them the same thing a few weeks ago. So, either they are idiots,
>>> or, they are idiots.
>

> See Don Pearce's comments... They might be less than idiots, but
> malevolent.
>
> --
> ha

Maybe malevolent idiots?

John Hardy
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 10:27:04 PM

John Hardy wrote:

> > See Don Pearce's comments... They might be less than idiots, but
> > malevolent.

> Maybe malevolent idiots?

Now we're talkin' real danger.

--