- How can I activate it (key)

defense mode:
- Key #8 should be used to select the last man. However, the setup uses key
#8 to force an opponent foul (!?)

Game play:
- How can I pass a blocking opponent? I tried all keys and functions but
it's nearly impossible to get away from him.
- On the other side, when I try to block a player (and I am fast), he
quickly turns left or right or just moves left/right and reaches the goal.
(Using the freestyle controls doesn't help)
- How can I make a 3 point throw? Whenever I release the key #3 (D) the ball
seldom reaches the goal. Is there are special position where I should
release the key or should I hold the key until the player throws the ball...
I don't know, but I see the opponents playing it successfully

The poor manual leaves me alone and it is frustrating if things doesn't work
like they are described and no hints available...

So, I will be glad for your help!
1 answer Last reply
More about live 2004
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    H. Jörg ,

    I can't see playing any of the new EAsports games with anything other then a
    dual analog pad. I'm sure it can be done with the keyboard, but I'm no help
    in that dept. All I can recommend is get yourself a Logitech, Thrustmaster
    pad or a PSX USB adaptor...sorry I could not answer your question.

    H. Jörg <lemoncore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to ea's NBA and need some advice before I go crazy. The game
    manual
    > is absolute nonsense and doesn't help. I am playing by keyboard.
    >
    > According to the manual there are special moves for Low Post (?)
    > - What is Low Post
    > - How can I activate it (key)
    >
    > defense mode:
    > - Key #8 should be used to select the last man. However, the setup uses
    key
    > #8 to force an opponent foul (!?)
    >

    > Game play:
    > - How can I pass a blocking opponent? I tried all keys and functions but
    > it's nearly impossible to get away from him.
    > - On the other side, when I try to block a player (and I am fast), he
    > quickly turns left or right or just moves left/right and reaches the goal.
    > (Using the freestyle controls doesn't help)
    > - How can I make a 3 point throw? Whenever I release the key #3 (D) the
    ball
    > seldom reaches the goal. Is there are special position where I should
    > release the key or should I hold the key until the player throws the
    ball...
    > I don't know, but I see the opponents playing it successfully
    >
    > The poor manual leaves me alone and it is frustrating if things doesn't
    work
    > like they are described and no hints available...
    >
    > So, I will be glad for your help!

PC gaming Games Video Games