EA should provide better manuals with their sports games.

I just bought MVP 2004 and the manual only covers the game in a very
rudimentary manner. At least they could provide a more indepth .pdf
manual that gives more info as to how the game works. I'm mostly
complaining about the lack of information on the dynasty mode. It's
the same with all of their sports games though and not just MVP 2004.
"Cheap" is the key word here.
7 answers Last reply
More about provide manuals sports games
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I agree with you. One of the reasons for the cheap manuals was due to the
    fact that not many people bother to read them. Year after year of countless
    calls to customer support with questions that had the answers in the manual,
    EA skimped on the manual to save extra printing costs.

    Allan Sheely <NO@MAIL.HERE> wrote in message
    > I just bought MVP 2004 and the manual only covers the game in a very
    > rudimentary manner. At least they could provide a more indepth .pdf
    > manual that gives more info as to how the game works. I'm mostly
    > complaining about the lack of information on the dynasty mode. It's
    > the same with all of their sports games though and not just MVP 2004.
    > "Cheap" is the key word here.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I loved the manual for FPS Football '95. It was a joy to read. It really
    added a certain legitimacy to the product. It seemed to say, what you have
    here is not just a mere game, but something more important, a true football
    computer simulation.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I fully agree!
    (see my NBA live 2004 post)

    "Allan Sheely" <NO@MAIL.HERE> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I just bought MVP 2004 and the manual only covers the game in a very
    > rudimentary manner. At least they could provide a more indepth .pdf
    > manual that gives more info as to how the game works. I'm mostly
    > complaining about the lack of information on the dynasty mode. It's
    > the same with all of their sports games though and not just MVP 2004.
    > "Cheap" is the key word here.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Allan Sheely" <NO@MAIL.HERE> wrote in message
    > I just bought MVP 2004 and the manual only covers the game in a very
    > rudimentary manner. At least they could provide a more indepth .pdf
    > manual that gives more info as to how the game works. I'm mostly
    > complaining about the lack of information on the dynasty mode. It's
    > the same with all of their sports games though and not just MVP 2004.
    > "Cheap" is the key word here.

    Well, just look at it this way. There's a score in all sports' games. Most
    times, if your score is higher than your opponent, you win. And there's
    always a goal, which gets you a score when you hit it. Get to that goal
    more often than the other guy, game's over.

    That's all you need to know.

    Alanb
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 00:56:04 GMT, "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net>
    wrote:

    >Well, just look at it this way. There's a score in all sports' games. Most
    >times, if your score is higher than your opponent, you win. And there's
    >always a goal, which gets you a score when you hit it. Get to that goal
    >more often than the other guy, game's over.
    >
    >That's all you need to know.
    >
    >Alanb

    Hehe...too funny - NOT! Me not being an american I don't even know
    what all the abbreviations are for the stats in MVP 2004. I can figure
    it all out by trial and error but I shouldn't have to do that. Anyone
    know a web site that explains all the baseball stats?
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Allan Sheely" <no@email.here> wrote in message

    > Hehe...too funny - NOT! Me not being an american I don't even know
    > what all the abbreviations are for the stats in MVP 2004. I can figure
    > it all out by trial and error but I shouldn't have to do that. Anyone
    > know a web site that explains all the baseball stats?

    I don't know of a website... but I do know there are alot of books that
    explain the rules of various sports, including baseball, even in the UK.

    I thought the EA Cricket game looked interesting, so does the Rugby game
    (you can get Rugby in the US, but you have to special order Cricket 2004 or
    whatever). I lived in the UK for 3 years in the late 80's as a kid and
    never understood what the heck Cricket was about.

    I think explaining the "rules" of a sports game is a little bit beyond the
    scope of most game manuals. It would be nice though if more sites discussed
    tips, especially for those unfamiliar with the sports.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 23:50:47 -0400, "Magnulus"
    <magnulus@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    > I think explaining the "rules" of a sports game is a little bit beyond the
    >scope of most game manuals. It would be nice though if more sites discussed
    >tips, especially for those unfamiliar with the sports.

    Why? All other games explain the rules of the game so a sports game
    should too. Assuming the customer knows the rules of the game is
    wrong. But EA doesn't even explain how the Dynasty mode in MVP 2004
    works, which is really wrong.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games