New lip-synching scandal BUSTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, not quite *lip* synch. But I just realised, when studying the footage
closely, that Joe Cocker was NOT NOT NOT really playing the guitar (or
piano) that he was pretending to. Hell, he didn't even have one near him !

geoff

Geoff Wood wrote:

> Well, not quite *lip* synch. But I just realised, when studying the footage
> closely, that Joe Cocker was NOT NOT NOT really playing the guitar (or
> piano) that he was pretending to. Hell, he didn't even have one near him !

A friend of mine recently suggested that some of the very best lip
syncing he'd ever seen was done by Paris Hilton.

--
ha

Don't forget Moonie's great TV performances goofing on the fact as
well.....
later,

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:17:47 GMT, hank alrich <walkinay@thegrid.net>
wrote:
> Geoff Wood wrote:
>
>> Well, not quite *lip* synch. But I just realised, when studying the footage
>> closely, that Joe Cocker was NOT NOT NOT really playing the guitar (or
>> piano) that he was pretending to. Hell, he didn't even have one near him !
>
> A friend of mine recently suggested that some of the very best lip
> syncing he'd ever seen was done by Paris Hilton.
>
> --
> ha

I used to like watching the Monkee's, who would goof on the fact.

--Shot of the band "playing" Mike clearly strumming an inch above the
strings.

*other stuff*

--Shot of the band playing, Mike strumming a guitar with no strings

*more stuff*

--Shot of the band playing, Mike strumming a guitar with his tie woven
through the strings

Great fun.

Charles Krug wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:17:47 GMT, hank alrich <walkinay@thegrid.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Geoff Wood wrote:
>>

>>>Well, not quite *lip* synch. But I just realised, when studying the footage
>>>closely, that Joe Cocker was NOT NOT NOT really playing the guitar (or
>>>piano) that he was pretending to. Hell, he didn't even have one near him !
>>
>>A friend of mine recently suggested that some of the very best lip
>>syncing he'd ever seen was done by Paris Hilton.
>>
>>--
>>ha
>

> I used to like watching the Monkee's, who would goof on the fact.
>
> --Shot of the band "playing" Mike clearly strumming an inch above the
> strings.
>
> *other stuff*
>
> --Shot of the band playing, Mike strumming a guitar with no strings
>
> *more stuff*
>
> --Shot of the band playing, Mike strumming a guitar with his tie woven
> through the strings
>
> Great fun.

I have a photo of the Grateful Dead appearing on some national TV show
Circa 67ish where Phil was so put off about haveing to fake it he is
playing a mop
george

> A friend of mine recently suggested that some of the very best lip
> syncing he'd ever seen was done by Paris Hilton.

What did somebody sink into her lips ?

geoff

Geoff Wood wrote:

> "hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote in message
>
>>A friend of mine recently suggested that some of the very best lip
>>syncing he'd ever seen was done by Paris Hilton.
>

> What did somebody sink into her lips ?

A tooth, maybe.

S O'Neill wrote:
> Geoff Wood wrote:
>
> > "hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>A friend of mine recently suggested that some of the very best lip
> >>syncing he'd ever seen was done by Paris Hilton.
> >

> > What did somebody sink into her lips ?
> >

> A tooth, maybe.

....that wouldn't have been my first guess.