Vision For Less

Last response: in Network Providers
July 4, 2004 4:16:48 PM

I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really wasn't using
it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the call, the rep told me of
a special deal if i ever wanted to restart Vision again. He said i could
restart at any time for only $10 per month, instead of $15. I just wanted to
let everyone know about this as it might be a way of getting around paying the
regular price. By the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your
account. As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
rep to the next. Hope this helps!

More about : vision

July 4, 2004 5:12:50 PM

mbenzsclass@aol.com (M Benz S Class) wrote in

> I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really
> wasn't using it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the
> call, the rep told me of a special deal if i ever wanted to restart
> Vision again. He said i could restart at any time for only $10 per
> month, instead of $15. I just wanted to let everyone know about this
> as it might be a way of getting around paying the regular price. By
> the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your account.
> As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
> rep to the next. Hope this helps!

Yes I got the offer and am using it
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 7:51:15 PM

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 13:12:50 GMT
Me <Me@nospam.com> wrote:

> mbenzsclass@aol.com (M Benz S Class) wrote in
>
> > I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really
> > wasn't using it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the
> > call, the rep told me of a special deal if i ever wanted to restart
> > Vision again. He said i could restart at any time for only $10 per
> > month, instead of $15. I just wanted to let everyone know about this
> > as it might be a way of getting around paying the regular price. By
> > the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your account.
> > As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
> > rep to the next. Hope this helps!
> >

> Yes I got the offer and am using it

me too
Related resources
July 5, 2004 3:15:33 AM

I have the best price of all. My vision is FREE!

"fusQuanto" <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 13:12:50 GMT
> Me <Me@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > mbenzsclass@aol.com (M Benz S Class) wrote in
> >
> > > I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really
> > > wasn't using it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the
> > > call, the rep told me of a special deal if i ever wanted to restart
> > > Vision again. He said i could restart at any time for only $10 per
> > > month, instead of $15. I just wanted to let everyone know about this
> > > as it might be a way of getting around paying the regular price. By
> > > the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your account.
> > > As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
> > > rep to the next. Hope this helps!
> > >

> > Yes I got the offer and am using it
>
> me too
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 3:15:34 AM

Smiling Wickedly, John answered:

> I have the best price of all. My vision is FREE!

howd ya manage that?
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 7:10:46 AM

In article <20040704081648.04727.00000947@mb-m10.aol.com>,
mbenzsclass@aol.com says...
> I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really wasn't using
> it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the call, the rep told me of
> a special deal if i ever wanted to restart Vision again. He said i could
> restart at any time for only $10 per month, instead of $15. I just wanted to
> let everyone know about this as it might be a way of getting around paying the
> regular price. By the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your
> account. As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
> rep to the next. Hope this helps!

Technically, the offer is still in test market phase. The $10 option
basically surrenders the download credit.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris wrote:
> In article <20040704081648.04727.00000947@mb-m10.aol.com>,
> mbenzsclass@aol.com says...
>> I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really wasn't using
>> it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the call, the rep told me of
>> a special deal if i ever wanted to restart Vision again. He said i could
>> restart at any time for only $10 per month, instead of $15. I just wanted to
>> let everyone know about this as it might be a way of getting around paying the
>> regular price. By the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your
>> account. As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
>> rep to the next. Hope this helps!
>>

> Technically, the offer is still in test market phase. The $10 option
> basically surrenders the download credit.

Wow, cool!!!!! The download credit is absolutely worthless! I've
*NEVER* found anything worth downloading from SPCS -- not even if it was
free. Any idea whether they are offering this deal in the San Diego market?
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 10:24:00 AM

In article <yl5Gc.20037$ju5.15305@twister.socal.rr.com>,
NoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com says...

> O/Siris wrote:
> > In article <20040704081648.04727.00000947@mb-m10.aol.com>,
> > mbenzsclass@aol.com says...
> >> I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really wasn't using
> >> it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the call, the rep told me of
> >> a special deal if i ever wanted to restart Vision again. He said i could
> >> restart at any time for only $10 per month, instead of $15. I just wanted to
> >> let everyone know about this as it might be a way of getting around paying the
> >> regular price. By the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your
> >> account. As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
> >> rep to the next. Hope this helps!
> >>

> > Technically, the offer is still in test market phase. The $10 option
> > basically surrenders the download credit.
>
> Wow, cool!!!!! The download credit is absolutely worthless! I've
> *NEVER* found anything worth downloading from SPCS -- not even if it was
> free. Any idea whether they are offering this deal in the San Diego market?

It's nationwide. If the rep sounds clueless (figure those odds ;)
), see if asking for the "rolloff" option jiggles the brain. If not,
keep calling. You'll find one who remembers.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <20040704081648.04727.00000947@mb-m10.aol.com>,
mbenzsclass@aol.com (M Benz S Class) wrote:

> As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
> rep to the next.

Thats why SprintPCS is always rated worst for Customer Service.
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 7:03:20 PM

Røbert M. wrote:

> In article <20040704081648.04727.00000947@mb-m10.aol.com>,
> mbenzsclass@aol.com (M Benz S Class) wrote:
>
>> As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
>> rep to the next.
>
> Thats why SprintPCS is always rated worst for Customer Service.

Geez, you're so boring, "Robert". Same stupid song, all the time.
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 7:06:15 PM

O/Siris wrote:

> It's nationwide. If the rep sounds clueless (figure those odds ;)
> ), see if asking for the "rolloff" option jiggles the brain. If not,
> keep calling. You'll find one who remembers.

I did get a positive response, right away (via the SPCS website, "email"
customer service). The rep indicates that the $10/month plan includes
"100 2-way text messages" and "unlimited email and SMS messages" as well
as, of course, unlimited PCS Vision access.

So, what's the difference between "2-way text messages" and SMS?

I assume that SMS is what I get when I send to
myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com ?

How would I send or receive text messages via my Treo 600?
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 7:06:16 PM

rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org <NoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> I did get a positive response, right away (via the SPCS website, "email"
> customer service). The rep indicates that the $10/month plan includes
> "100 2-way text messages" and "unlimited email and SMS messages" as well
> as, of course, unlimited PCS Vision access.
>
> So, what's the difference between "2-way text messages" and SMS?

None, AFAIK. Two-way text messages means you can receive SMS and send it.

July 5, 2004 7:41:02 PM

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:40:03 -0700
Michael Arends <mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net> wrote:

> Smiling Wickedly, John answered:
>
> > I have the best price of all. My vision is FREE!
> >

> howd ya manage that?

he just got a new phone and signed a new contract and got it free for 2 months.
whoopee
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 10:00:35 PM

In article <H7eGc.30201$Fy.14353@twister.socal.rr.com>,
rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.orgNoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com
says...

> O/Siris wrote:
>
> > It's nationwide. If the rep sounds clueless (figure those odds ;)
> > ), see if asking for the "rolloff" option jiggles the brain. If not,
> > keep calling. You'll find one who remembers.
> >

> I did get a positive response, right away (via the SPCS website, "email"
> customer service). The rep indicates that the $10/month plan includes
> "100 2-way text messages" and "unlimited email and SMS messages" as well
> as, of course, unlimited PCS Vision access.
>
> So, what's the difference between "2-way text messages" and SMS?
>
> I assume that SMS is what I get when I send to
> myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com ?
>
> How would I send or receive text messages via my Treo 600?

As Steve said, none. Someone got their message mixed up,
methinks.

It gives you 100.
--
-+-
RØß

Steven J Sobol wrote:

> rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org <NoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>>
>> I did get a positive response, right away (via the SPCS website, "email"
>> customer service). The rep indicates that the $10/month plan includes
>> "100 2-way text messages" and "unlimited email and SMS messages" as well
>> as, of course, unlimited PCS Vision access.
>>
>> So, what's the difference between "2-way text messages" and SMS?
>
> None, AFAIK. Two-way text messages means you can receive SMS and send it.

Argh. Confusion abounds.

The email CS rep is claiming that my $15/month "Sprint PCS Vision
Pictures Pack" did "not include any Two-Way SMS Text Messages", whereas
there will be "100 text messages included with the $10.00 PCS Vision plan".

I have been using my phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com number quite a
bit, for urgent, brief notifications. I had been under the impression
that these were free, especially since I started my Vision service in
January, before some limits were placed on SMS. I've never been charged
for receiving these messages, and they simply aren't listed on my
detailed invoice.

This is all incredibly confusing. I really don't understand why Sprint
has never bothered to explain the differences between the various text
messaging methods. In particular, there seem to be three methods:

1) Send SMS via the SPCS website;
2) Send SMS via a conventional email client to
YourPhoneNumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com;
3) Send SMS via the SMS application on your phone (in my case, a Treo 600)

Apparently, there may be some billing distinction between these, but
this has never been clearly laid out. It would make sense to clarify
all of this on the Sprint PCS website!
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 10:24:13 PM

In article <uZOdnceic_I1RnXdRVn-hw@giganews.com>, Michael
Arendsmlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net says...
> Smiling Wickedly, John answered:
>
> > I have the best price of all. My vision is FREE!
> >

> howd ya manage that?

If he has a plan over $100/month, and got it more than a
few weeks ago, Vision was provided at no extra charge.

Someone in marketing said that wasn't having much of an
impact on sales, so we stopped offering that.

--
-+-
RØß

In article <g0hGc.30213$Fy.109@twister.socal.rr.com>,
rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.orgNoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com
says...
> This is all incredibly confusing. I really don't understand why Sprint
> has never bothered to explain the differences between the various text
> messaging methods. In particular, there seem to be three methods:
>
> 1) Send SMS via the SPCS website;
> 2) Send SMS via a conventional email client to
> YourPhoneNumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com;
> 3) Send SMS via the SMS application on your phone (in my case, a Treo 600)
>
> Apparently, there may be some billing distinction between these, but
> this has never been clearly laid out. It would make sense to clarify
> all of this on the Sprint PCS website!

Actually, the confusion is there, but the billing
distinction is not. All are considered SMS. And yes, a
Vision pack as old as you state, setup in January, includes
unlimited service. If you switch packs now, even to the
$10 one, you lose the unlimited as an included option. It
drops to 100 messages.

BTW, there's a 4th method, too. TAP software. Usually
only used by businesses.

--
-+-
RØß

O/Siris wrote:

> In article <g0hGc.30213$Fy.109@twister.socal.rr.com>,
> rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.orgNoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com
> says...
>> This is all incredibly confusing. I really don't understand why Sprint
>> has never bothered to explain the differences between the various text
>> messaging methods. In particular, there seem to be three methods:
>>
>> 1) Send SMS via the SPCS website;
>> 2) Send SMS via a conventional email client to
>> YourPhoneNumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com;
>> 3) Send SMS via the SMS application on your phone (in my case, a Treo 600)
>>
>> Apparently, there may be some billing distinction between these, but
>> this has never been clearly laid out. It would make sense to clarify
>> all of this on the Sprint PCS website!
>>

> Actually, the confusion is there, but the billing
> distinction is not. All are considered SMS. And yes, a
> Vision pack as old as you state, setup in January, includes
> unlimited service. If you switch packs now, even to the
> $10 one, you lose the unlimited as an included option. It
> drops to 100 messages.
>
> BTW, there's a 4th method, too. TAP software. Usually
> only used by businesses.

ARGH!

Here's where I am. I told the CS rep to make my change to the $10 if
the ONLY effect would be to reduce my monthly bill and eliminate my $5
download credit. I told him that I signed up in January.

He went ahead and made the change. So, YOU say that all my text
messaging is limited to 100/billing period.

By contrast, he is saying that it is only SMS that is limited to
100/billing period. He says I can send and receive unlimited SPCS SMM on
the $10 plan.

And as I now understand it, there *IS* a distinction between Sprint PCS
SMM and generic SMS (aka One-Way or Two-Way SMS).

I believe that via the website, you can specify transmission either by
SPCS SMM (SPCS phones only, and only those that are capable of it) or
"automatic", which will use SMS for phones that can't do SPCS SMM.

Sending to phoneNumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com is SPCS SMM.

Sending via the SMS application on my Treo (which seems to be used to
receive both SMM and SMS) will generate an SMS.

That's my current understanding of the situation.

There really is just NO excuse for SPCS having failed to describe all
this on their website. It's just NOT that complicated! They're just
making it extraordinarily painful to determine what you will pay for what!
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 12:08:54 AM

In article <g0hGc.30213$Fy.109@twister.socal.rr.com>,
"rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org" <NoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Steven J Sobol wrote:
>
> > rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org <NoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I did get a positive response, right away (via the SPCS website, "email"
> >> customer service). The rep indicates that the $10/month plan includes
> >> "100 2-way text messages" and "unlimited email and SMS messages" as well
> >> as, of course, unlimited PCS Vision access.
> >>
> >> So, what's the difference between "2-way text messages" and SMS?
> >
> > None, AFAIK. Two-way text messages means you can receive SMS and send it.
>
> Argh. Confusion abounds.
>
> The email CS rep is claiming that my $15/month "Sprint PCS Vision
> Pictures Pack" did "not include any Two-Way SMS Text Messages", whereas
> there will be "100 text messages included with the $10.00 PCS Vision plan".
>
> I have been using my phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com number quite a
> bit, for urgent, brief notifications. I had been under the impression
> that these were free, especially since I started my Vision service in
> January, before some limits were placed on SMS. I've never been charged
> for receiving these messages, and they simply aren't listed on my
> detailed invoice.
>

> This is all incredibly confusing. I really don't understand why Sprint
> has never bothered to explain the differences between the various text
> messaging methods. In particular, there seem to be three methods:

How can the CSRs explain it to you, when as you've discovered, they
don't understand it all themselves?
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 12:08:55 AM

Robert M. <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

>> This is all incredibly confusing. I really don't understand why Sprint
>> has never bothered to explain the differences between the various text
>> messaging methods. In particular, there seem to be three methods:
>
> How can the CSRs explain it to you, when as you've discovered, they
> don't understand it all themselves?

I'll concur. SMS is a new service for Sprint and it does sound like the
reps may need a further Injection Of Clue, additional to whatever training
they've already gotten on SMS. Either that, or the rep the OP got got
enough training and just didn't completely understand what was said.

Using two different terms for the same service is a bad idea.

July 6, 2004 2:22:33 PM

In article <Y4eGc.30200$Fy.21683@twister.socal.rr.com>,

You're the one who said about SprintPCS CSR's:

" As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
rep to the next."

You think that's an acceptable condition? I don't.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 8:54:33 PM

In article <0d554ef2adfe0bf712f6341c280375e5@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> says:

>The $10 option basically surrenders the download credit.

Cool! I never used that anyway.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898

Cool, this is something I wished for a while ago. But wasn't one
of the download credits $10? That would in essence bring the Vision
price to $5. The current Vision section of the web site does not
mention download credits at all. The price is still $15.

O/Siris wrote:

> In article <20040704081648.04727.00000947@mb-m10.aol.com>,
> mbenzsclass@aol.com says...
>
>>I called customer service to cancel my Vision service, as i really wasn't using
>>it enough to justify $15 per month. At the end of the call, the rep told me of
>>a special deal if i ever wanted to restart Vision again. He said i could
>>restart at any time for only $10 per month, instead of $15. I just wanted to
>>let everyone know about this as it might be a way of getting around paying the
>>regular price. By the way, make sure the rep makes a note of the offer on your
>>account. As i've learned over the years, you never know what you get from one
>>rep to the next. Hope this helps!
>>

> Technically, the offer is still in test market phase. The $10 option
> basically surrenders the download credit.

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 10:08:32 AM

In article <snaHc.9281$oD3.3567@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
jeromez1@earthlink.net says...
> Cool, this is something I wished for a while ago. But wasn't one
> of the download credits $10? That would in essence bring the Vision
> price to $5. The current Vision section of the web site does not
> mention download credits at all. The price is still $15.

It doesn't reduce the like. Your choice for a Vision pack right now
is $15/month for the advertised packs, or $10 for the "rolloff" test
option that provides, basically, unlimited Vision access, and
Picturemail.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Any comments on why the web site no longer mentions any download
credit?

O/Siris wrote:

> In article <snaHc.9281$oD3.3567@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> jeromez1@earthlink.net says...
>
>> Cool, this is something I wished for a while ago. But wasn't one
>>of the download credits $10? That would in essence bring the Vision
>>price to $5. The current Vision section of the web site does not
>>mention download credits at all. The price is still $15.
>>

> It doesn't reduce the like. Your choice for a Vision pack right now
> is $15/month for the advertised packs, or $10 for the "rolloff" test
> option that provides, basically, unlimited Vision access, and
> Picturemail.

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 10:14:56 PM

O/Siris wrote:

> It doesn't reduce the like. Your choice for a Vision pack right now
> is $15/month for the advertised packs, or $10 for the "rolloff" test
> option that provides, basically, unlimited Vision access, and
> Picturemail.

Rob,

If one is OFF Contract, and would like this Option, ( $10 Vision) do you
have to re-up on a new Contract? 12 month? 24 month?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 1:32:28 AM

> O/Siris wrote:
>

>>It doesn't reduce the like. Your choice for a Vision pack right now
>>is $15/month for the advertised packs, or $10 for the "rolloff" test
>>option that provides, basically, unlimited Vision access, and
>>Picturemail.

Rob,
If one is OFF Contract, and would like this Option, ( $10 Vision) do you
have to re-up on a new Contract? 12 month? 24 month?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 8:22:30 AM

In article <A0xHc.9940$R36.6818@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
jeromez1@earthlink.net says...

> Any comments on why the web site no longer mentions any download
> credit?

???

I see it there. Go shopping for plans, look at the Vision Packs,
click on the title for either the Pictures Pack, or the Premium Pack,
and it's there.

Pictures Pack:
http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popVisionPacks.h...

Premium Pack:
http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popVisionPacks.h...

Last item listed in the description of each.

Could you describe again how you failed to see it? Maybe there's a
"hole" in information there.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <40EEE09F.D6BE4012@NOSPAMearthlink.net>,
mlarends@NOSPAMearthlink.net says...
> O/Siris wrote:
>

> > It doesn't reduce the like. Your choice for a Vision pack right now
> > is $15/month for the advertised packs, or $10 for the "rolloff" test
> > option that provides, basically, unlimited Vision access, and
> > Picturemail.
>
> Rob,
>
> If one is OFF Contract, and would like this Option, ( $10 Vision) do you
> have to re-up on a new Contract? 12 month? 24 month?

Vision is NEVER tied to a contract. Once EV-DO rolls out, who knows?

This is probably as good a time as any to bring this up. By the time
EV-DO rolls out, my call center will be closed. And I am not being
offered another position within SPCS. I'd pit my technical knowledge
against virtually anyone, but I'm not much of a salesman, and the
only positions remaining locally are sales. I've already got a
position lined up with a small local company, back in I.T. again.

For now, though, there is absolutely no contract requirement for
Vision.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <EKOdnU10RJ717HLdRVn-gw@giganews.com>,
mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net says...

> Rob,
> If one is OFF Contract, and would like this Option, ( $10 Vision) do you
> have to re-up on a new Contract? 12 month? 24 month?

No. Vision has no contract tie-in at this time. When EV-DO rolls
out, who knows?

--
RØß
O/Siris

You are correct, but in my opinion, which does not matter in the
least to Sprint PCS, that there are download credits should be on the
plans page.

O/Siris wrote:

> In article <A0xHc.9940$R36.6818@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> jeromez1@earthlink.net says...
>
>> Any comments on why the web site no longer mentions any download
>>credit?
>>

> ???
>
> I see it there. Go shopping for plans, look at the Vision Packs,
> click on the title for either the Pictures Pack, or the Premium Pack,
> and it's there.
>
> Pictures Pack:
> http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popVisionPacks.h...
>
> Premium Pack:
> http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popVisionPacks.h...
>
> Last item listed in the description of each.
>
> Could you describe again how you failed to see it? Maybe there's a
> "hole" in information there.

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 8:51:13 PM

O/Siris wrote:

> This is probably as good a time as any to bring this up. By the time
> EV-DO rolls out, my call center will be closed. And I am not being
> offered another position within SPCS. I'd pit my technical knowledge
> against virtually anyone, but I'm not much of a salesman, and the
> only positions remaining locally are sales. I've already got a
> position lined up with a small local company, back in I.T. again.

I'm really sorry to hear that. You've been one of the few reliable
sources of information on this newsgroup. It's unfortunate that SPCS
can't/doesn't realize the positive impact you have made.
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 9:49:27 PM

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:D 5b35394babe2d2eeba8286ee3fb9f24@news.teranews.com...
In article <40EEE09F.D6BE4012@NOSPAMearthlink.net>,
mlarends@NOSPAMearthlink.net says...
>This is probably as good a time as any to bring this up. By the time
>EV-DO rolls out, my call center will be closed. And I am not being
>offered another position within SPCS. I'd pit my technical knowledge
>against virtually anyone, but I'm not much of a salesman, and the
>only positions remaining locally are sales. I've already got a
>position lined up with a small local company, back in I.T. again.

I feel for you. Pretty much the same thing happened to me a few
years ago when a web hosting company closed their local tech support
office. I couldn't find another TS or IT position within commute distance,
so I retired.

--

John Richards
Anonymous

Any words on the roll out of EV-DO.
pricing?
speed?
will it make a good cup of coffee? :-)

thanks
fvf
sprint PCS user for over 100 years :-)

In article <EKOdnU10RJ717HLdRVn-gw@giganews.com>,
mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net says...

> Rob,
> If one is OFF Contract, and would like this Option, ( $10 Vision) do you
> have to re-up on a new Contract? 12 month? 24 month?

No. Vision has no contract tie-in at this time. When EV-DO rolls
out, who knows?

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 8:46:23 PM

"fvf" <support@frankfarrell.com> wrote in message
> Any words on the roll out of EV-DO.

Nope

> pricing?

Nope, but it may just stay the same.

> speed?

cdg.org ( http://cdg.org/technology/3g/evolution.asp ) reports that EV-DO
can do up to 2.4 mbps on downloads. Keep in mind that's burst speed, and one
could expect 1.2mbps at regular speed. That equates to 150KBps.

> will it make a good cup of coffee? :-)

Only if Juan Valdez is on the other end of the connection ... :)

> thanks
> fvf
> sprint PCS user for over 100 years :-)
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 7:58:01 PM

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:51:55 GMT, fvf <support@frankfarrell.com> wrote:

> Any words on the roll out of EV-DO.
> pricing?
> speed?
> will it make a good cup of coffee? :-)
>
> thanks
> fvf
> sprint PCS user for over 100 years :-)

As of about 1 week ago, I ceased to be a SPCS employee. I am now back in
I.T. and loving it. But, as of that date, no, no further information on
dates, times, prices, doohickeys, etc.

Sorry.

July 28, 2004 1:11:36 AM

O/Siris wrote:

> As of about 1 week ago, I ceased to be a SPCS employee. I am now back in
> I.T. and loving it. But, as of that date, no, no further information on
> dates, times, prices, doohickeys, etc.
>
> Sorry.

Me too. I, for one, am going to miss your reliable information and
responsiveness. Best of luck in your new job.
!