Tiger Woods 2004- swing

Ok, maybe not the perfect forum for this, but I have a hard time doing
good draws and fades. I'm using an optical mouse (Logitech MX 700). I can
do straight shots near perfect all day- my tempo is a little slow so I use
the senior shaft clubs. But draws and fades are killer- I cannot seem to be
able to do one without alot of miss hits on the heel or toe, resulting in
pushes and pulls on the ball. So instead of it curving, it travels in a
straight line moreso (just like a push or pull does), instead of arcing
around in a parabola. This is no good if your character is getting better
and you want to be able to do a long drive around a dogleg.

Also, on putting the mouse swing seems very sensitive, as in it overacts
alot and I tend to hit too hard. You have to really slowly move the mouse.
Anybody use a ball mouse and get better results?

On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:51:03 -0400, Magnulus wrote:

> Ok, maybe not the perfect forum for this, but I have a hard time doing
> good draws and fades.

Dumb question: you have remembered to choose "Advanced" for your swing
type on the first page (IIRC) of the Career mode? If you choose "Normal",
draws & fades get disabled completely and you hit everything pretty well
straight as you described.

--
Ian Merrithew - ADM Systems Engineering
ian.merrithew "at" ieee.org

OK, that explains the career mode, because I am indeed playing at the
normal difficulty (I want to finish the game first on "easy", then start
over on advanced). But what about when I'm practicing with Tiger Woods or
Vijay Singh and I'm finding its very hard to do a draw without also doing a
pull or push? I can hit nearly perfect straight shots all day, but I want
to be able to pull off a good hook or slice to get around a dogleg.

On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:16:10 -0400, Magnulus wrote:

> OK, that explains the career mode, because I am indeed playing at the
> normal difficulty (I want to finish the game first on "easy", then start
> over on advanced).

I found it too easy on the "Normal" setting, myself. To each his own.
Though I haven't played it in a while, I got a bit stuck on that damned
Highlands course in the Scottish Stableford tournament of the
second-highest career level ("Master"?) -- it's utterly impossible to
shoot anything under about 85 on that course in the conditions it gives
you (very dry greens, gusty winds, deep rough), yet the computer players
routinely shoot par or better (*). The back nine in particular are
absolute murder; I went from about +10 to -5 and dropped from the top 20
down to second-last. It's so ridiculous I gave up on it.

(*) - clearly a cheat; when I did a practice session on those same
conditions with three CPU golfers, they all got massacred by the course as
well. Back nine holes, nobody shot better than 5 over par. Or was it 7
over? Can't remember now.

> But what about when I'm practicing with Tiger Woods or
> Vijay Singh and I'm finding its very hard to do a draw without also doing a
> pull or push?

I never played the season mode much. Did find it more challenging, the
shooting isn't nearly as forgiving, but didn't stay with it. Can't help
you there.

--

"Ian Merrithew" <optimus2861@nooospammm.com> wrote in message
> I found it too easy on the "Normal" setting, myself. To each his own.

I decided to go for advanced- wow, I should have done that from the
start. The gameplay is just right. It's tough but not too hard, and I can
get a nice fade or draw sometimes if I'm lucky, but it's not as hard as
EXPERT with the single games (as oppossed to career).

TRENDING THREADS