Edirol/Roland UA25 opinions, please

Last response: in Home Audio
February 11, 2005 12:20:31 PM

I've Googled but I find no opinions or experiences with this 2-channel
Mic-Pre in-Line out USB interface. Anyone using one that cares to comment.

Steve King
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:17:45 PM

Steve King wrote:

> I've Googled but I find no opinions or experiences with this 2-channel
> Mic-Pre in-Line out USB interface. Anyone using one that cares to comment.

Few weeks ago I setup a music teacher with one. Actually she managed
almost all of it by herself. Mac AluBook, OSX, UA-25 and Audacity, all
working without a hitch. No driver problems at all with the Edirol.
Can't really speak to the quality of the mic preamps, as she used Carvin
SDC's, and I'd previously recorded for her using my MIO2882+DSP with
Kurt A's "Audio Upgraded" AKGC460's and my Schoeps CMC6 + MK4 caps. But
the UA-25 seems a good piece given what it costs.

--
ha
Anonymous

Mine just plugged in and worked straight off. No problems. Again I haven't
done much serious recording with it so I haven't assessed its sound quality.
Really impressive neat little box full of features for the buck!

Martin

"Steve King" <steve@45steveking57.net> wrote in message
> I've Googled but I find no opinions or experiences with this 2-channel
> Mic-Pre in-Line out USB interface. Anyone using one that cares to
comment.

> Steve King

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:00:53 AM

"Martin Quinn" <mquinn@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Mine just plugged in and worked straight off. No problems. Again I haven't
> done much serious recording with it so I haven't assessed its sound
> quality.
> Really impressive neat little box full of features for the buck!
>
> Martin

Well, get busy recording some voice using a pretty good microphone, then let
me know the results. Just Kidding! ;-) Thanks for the info.

Steve
!