MN-700 and wireless access to internet

I am totally lost with the wireless setup. All
the hardwired functions of the MN-700 work well, but I
cannot get internet access wirelessly. I have a Toshiba
laptop with D-Link adapter, with their latest drivers.
The signal strength is always "very good", I can see the
SSID of the MN-700 and activity as far as sent and
received packets. I have tried it with and without WEP
to no avail.

Once I installed the wireless adapter, Windows
installed a Network Bridge. While the wireless
connection status appears good, the MAC Bridge Miniport
status shows no 2-way traffic. When I plug in hardwired,
the Bridge functions, but not wirelessly.

The only troubleshooting tip from Microsoft is to
check signal strength and upgrade the FW in the MN-700.
I've updated but still am getting nowhere. I am finding
nothing in the documentation, knowledgebase or
newsgroup. Any Ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about wireless access internet

    "MarkS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am totally lost with the wireless setup. All
    > the hardwired functions of the MN-700 work well, but I
    > cannot get internet access wirelessly. I have a Toshiba
    > laptop with D-Link adapter, with their latest drivers.
    > The signal strength is always "very good", I can see the
    > SSID of the MN-700 and activity as far as sent and
    > received packets. I have tried it with and without WEP
    > to no avail.
    >
    > Once I installed the wireless adapter, Windows
    > installed a Network Bridge. While the wireless
    > connection status appears good, the MAC Bridge Miniport
    > status shows no 2-way traffic. When I plug in hardwired,
    > the Bridge functions, but not wirelessly.
    >
    > The only troubleshooting tip from Microsoft is to
    > check signal strength and upgrade the FW in the MN-700.
    > I've updated but still am getting nowhere. I am finding
    > nothing in the documentation, knowledgebase or
    > newsgroup. Any Ideas?

    If your running XP... try deleting the bridge, disabling your ethernet
    adapter, and
    use only the wireless adapters TCP/IP.
    Then go to wireless network and configure.

    office, the wireless at home. Do I have to reconfigure
    everyday or is there some automatic way to manage this?
    I assumed the function of the bridge was to manage this.

    P.S..
    Do I have to install the MS Broadband SW on my laptop
    also?

> [...]

    Try this:

    Open Network Connections.
    Under Network Bridge, right-click Network Bridge, then click Properties.
    On the General tab, under Adapters, select the check box of each adapter you
    want added to the bridge and then click OK.

Routers Wireless Access Networking