MN-700 and wireless access to internet

Last response: in Networking
May 23, 2004 5:52:35 PM

I am totally lost with the wireless setup. All
the hardwired functions of the MN-700 work well, but I
cannot get internet access wirelessly. I have a Toshiba
laptop with D-Link adapter, with their latest drivers.
The signal strength is always "very good", I can see the
SSID of the MN-700 and activity as far as sent and
received packets. I have tried it with and without WEP
to no avail.

Once I installed the wireless adapter, Windows
installed a Network Bridge. While the wireless
connection status appears good, the MAC Bridge Miniport
status shows no 2-way traffic. When I plug in hardwired,
the Bridge functions, but not wirelessly.

The only troubleshooting tip from Microsoft is to
check signal strength and upgrade the FW in the MN-700.
I've updated but still am getting nowhere. I am finding
nothing in the documentation, knowledgebase or
newsgroup. Any Ideas?
May 24, 2004 3:09:31 AM

"MarkS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am totally lost with the wireless setup. All
> the hardwired functions of the MN-700 work well, but I
> cannot get internet access wirelessly. I have a Toshiba
> laptop with D-Link adapter, with their latest drivers.
> The signal strength is always "very good", I can see the
> SSID of the MN-700 and activity as far as sent and
> received packets. I have tried it with and without WEP
> to no avail.
>
> Once I installed the wireless adapter, Windows
> installed a Network Bridge. While the wireless
> connection status appears good, the MAC Bridge Miniport
> status shows no 2-way traffic. When I plug in hardwired,
> the Bridge functions, but not wirelessly.
>
> The only troubleshooting tip from Microsoft is to
> check signal strength and upgrade the FW in the MN-700.
> I've updated but still am getting nowhere. I am finding
> nothing in the documentation, knowledgebase or
> newsgroup. Any Ideas?

If your running XP... try deleting the bridge, disabling your ethernet
adapter, and
use only the wireless adapters TCP/IP.
Then go to wireless network and configure.
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 4:05:06 PM

office, the wireless at home. Do I have to reconfigure
everyday or is there some automatic way to manage this?
I assumed the function of the bridge was to manage this.

May 24, 2004 5:27:05 PM

P.S..
Do I have to install the MS Broadband SW on my laptop
also?

May 24, 2004 11:39:19 PM

> [...]

Try this:

Open Network Connections.
Under Network Bridge, right-click Network Bridge, then click Properties.
On the General tab, under Adapters, select the check box of each adapter you
want added to the bridge and then click OK.