File protection of what files?

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Hmm .dll's and such i think

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I think it protects the files that you deleted and empted from the recycle bin so you can undelete them in case you need them. I don't use it as it takes up space and memory.

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Nah it's not those, you have 2 recycle bing when you use this.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Here's the real definations from the manaul:

<i><b>Norton Protection recovers deleted or overwritten files.</b>

Norton Protection helps you recover deleted files that the Recycle Bin cannot find (for example, if you empty the Recycle Bin). Norton Protection works with the UnErase Wizard to provide the most complete recovery system for all deleted and overwritten files.

<b>About Norton Protection</b>

When you erase a file using Windows Explorer, Windows keeps a temporary copy of the file in the Recycle Bin. The standard Windows Recycle Bin only protects files or folders deleted while you are using Windows.

Norton Protection transforms the standard Windows Recycle Bin into the Norton Protected Recycle Bin. It guards against losing the files the Recycle Bin does not protect. The Norton Protected Recycle Bin protects files that are deleted while you are using DOS, files created and deleted by Windows applications, and older versions of files that you modify and overwrite. If the Recycle Bin is not enabled, Norton Protection also protects files that would otherwise be under Recycle Bin protection. Files shared on a network or stored on a network server, and files deleted while using your computer in DOS rather than Windows are not protected.</i>

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Sounds about right, gonna delete mine soon as i get home! It just protects stuff that's deleted that doesn't get put in the recycle bin in the first place.