Today is Holiday for SprintPCS, but not for you.

Last response: in Network Providers
July 5, 2004 3:07:36 PM

Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.

However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.

At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:

1-888-788-4727

More about : today holiday sprintpcs

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 4:16:21 PM

"R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:
> Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.

Moron.

July 4th falls on a weekend this year.

> However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>
> At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>
> 1-888-788-4727

How about retail Customer Service? Did you try 888-211-4727? It makes
more sense for Business customer service to be closed. I'd expect retail
CS to be open. Many large organizations that would normally speak to the
business CSRs are closed today.

I'm not holding for a rep since I don't need to speak to one, but pressing
2, entering my phone number, and pressing 0 for a CSR places me in queue
for a CSR. I assume that if 211-4PCS was not available, I'd get a message
saying they're closed.

July 5, 2004 10:05:36 PM

In article <Mq2dnTrC_Lt4EXTdRVn-vg@lmi.net>, Steven J
Sobolsjsobol@JustThe.net says...
> "R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:
> > Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> > anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>
> Moron.
>
> July 4th falls on a weekend this year.

Uh oh, Steve. Now you're in trouble. Daring to question
THE WORD ACCORDING TO PHILLIE.

--
-+-
RØß

Røbert M. wrote:
> Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>
> However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>
> At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>
> 1-888-788-4727
Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
-mike
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 11:51:45 PM

In article <f2hGc.2752$sD4.820
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Mikespamtrap@zbuffer.com says...
> Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
> guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
> to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
> -mike

The 4th was a Sunday.

Weekend minutes.

--
-+-
RØß

O/Siris wrote:

> The 4th was a Sunday.
>
> Weekend minutes.

Hmprh!

A likely story! I still say Mr Markoff did it!
-mike
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 11:57:31 PM

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:07:36 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
wrote:

>Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
>anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>
>However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>
>At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>
>1-888-788-4727

Yea, yea, you yell this every time there's a business day federal
holiday. Can you just get it out of the way for the next holiday,
Labor Day (in Sep) and get it over with for the summer?

Oh, and incidentally, this is a FEDERAL holiday and not all that many
businesses recognize it. I just went out shopping and everywhere I
went, and every business I glanced at along the way, were open. Not
much of a holiday for them.

I think the name of the minutes you are talking about tell you what to
expect: NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. Let's see, this is Monday - not a NIGHT
and not on a WEEKEND.

Moron.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 2:27:07 PM

In article <0jqje0te48sac2gel9ej0rhnik1ti44gei@4ax.com>,
NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:07:36 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
> wrote:
>
> >Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> >anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
> >
> >However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
> >
> >At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
> >
> >1-888-788-4727

> Oh, and incidentally, this is a FEDERAL holiday and not all that many
> businesses recognize it. I just went out shopping and everywhere I
> went, and every business I glanced at along the way, were open. Not
> much of a holiday for them.

I hope you didnt need to call *2 or a Sprint 800 number, cause they WERE
CLOSED Monday. July 5 was a Holiday for SprintPCS.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 2:28:49 PM

Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Røbert M. wrote:
> > Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> > anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
> >
> > However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
> >
> > At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
> >
> > 1-888-788-4727
> Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
> guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
> to the dedicated efforts of people like you.

Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.

Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.

There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
Service was closed.
July 6, 2004 8:03:56 PM

Røbert M. wrote:

>>Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
>>guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
>>to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
>

> Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.
>
> Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.
>
> There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
> Service was closed.

You seem cross - I'm not sure I understand. What did I say (or imply)
about minute usage on the 5th?
-mike
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 9:10:06 PM

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> In article <0jqje0te48sac2gel9ej0rhnik1ti44gei@4ax.com>,
> NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:07:36 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> > >anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
> > >
> > >However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
> > >
> > >At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
> > >
> > >1-888-788-4727

> > Oh, and incidentally, this is a FEDERAL holiday and not all that many
> > businesses recognize it. I just went out shopping and everywhere I
> > went, and every business I glanced at along the way, were open. Not
> > much of a holiday for them.
>
> I hope you didnt need to call *2 or a Sprint 800 number, cause they WERE
> CLOSED Monday. July 5 was a Holiday for SprintPCS.

OK- they were closed. Maybe you could shed some light on something- what
perks, discounts, billing adjustments or credits does your employer give its
customers on the days it declares a holiday? If the answer is none, then
they are less customer-friendly than Sprint.

And as much as you scream for government regulation in this forum, it made
me think- I didn't get any kind of special 'holiday rate' on my electricity,
water, trash pickup, cable, internet access or landline yesterday. Care to
explain the difference?
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 9:50:17 PM

In article <M3AGc.3764$sD4.2581@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Røbert M. wrote:
>
> >>Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
> >>guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
> >>to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
> >

> > Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.
> >
> > Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.
> >
> > There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
> > Service was closed.
>
> You seem cross - I'm not sure I understand. What did I say (or imply)
> about minute usage on the 5th?

I wrote about July 5, where Sprint closed up Customer Service.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 12:10:06 AM

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:28:49 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
wrote:

>In article <f2hGc.2752$sD4.820@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>
>> Røbert M. wrote:
>> > Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
>> > anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>> >
>> > However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>> >
>> > At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>> >
>> > 1-888-788-4727
>> Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
>> guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
>> to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
>
>Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.
>
>Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.
>
>There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
>Service was closed.

Hey - the minutes you are talking about are NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
minutes. Where does it indicate HOLIDAYS in that?

Moron.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:32:44 AM

In article <mpfme0d8k43m5e6f576m12o4o7fc6c9brs@4ax.com>,
NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

> Hey - the minutes you are talking about are NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
> minutes. Where does it indicate HOLIDAYS in that?

Bingo, thats the point. Other carrier's take Holidays, and treat them as
nights and weekends.

SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:32:45 AM

> Bingo, thats the point. Other carrier's take Holidays, and treat them as
> nights and weekends.

And others don't- Sprint was not the only one.

> SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
> Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
> other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

And others didn't.

What discount did your employer give its customers over the holiday?
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:32:45 AM

"R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

> SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
> Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
> other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

July 5th isn't a holiday. I just had this EXACT same discussion in the
Verizon newsgroup where it was argued that it is an OBSERVED holiday. I'd
say yes, it is, if it's observed every year. (Which obviously it isn't. :)

Martin Luther King's birthday and President's Day are two examples of observed
holidays that are actually observed consistently every year. July 5th is not.

July 7, 2004 6:20:21 AM

In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:

> drivel - with bad language added.

And what alias did you previously use?
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 6:20:22 AM

> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:
>
> > drivel - with bad language added.
>
> And what alias did you previously use?

You accuse someone else of providing drivel? In this group? You are the
undisputed drivel champion in this forum.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 7:23:04 AM

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:
>
> > drivel - with bad language added.
>
> And what alias did you previously use?

Who cares? At least he speaks the truth, unlike someone else who has used
113 known different IDs here ...

Bob
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 7:39:23 AM

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 11:26:32 PM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:32:44 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
wrote:

>In article <mpfme0d8k43m5e6f576m12o4o7fc6c9brs@4ax.com>,
> NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey - the minutes you are talking about are NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
>> minutes. Where does it indicate HOLIDAYS in that?
>
>Bingo, thats the point. Other carrier's take Holidays, and treat them as
>nights and weekends.
>
>SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
>Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
>other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

Oh, but SPCS has NEVER indicated they offer time used on HOLIDAYS on
their Nights and Weekends time pool. Get over it already.

I'd call you a moron again, but now I see that by doing it I would
actually being insulting morons.
July 8, 2004 1:52:11 AM

Røbert M. said:

> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:

>>drivel - with bad language added.

> And what alias did you previously use?

Kiss my ass and blow in the hole.
how many are YOU up to now. 150?
July 8, 2004 1:56:37 AM

Røbert (POS) M. said:

> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:
>

>>drivel - with bad language added.
>

> And what alias did you previously use?

Kiss my ass and blow in the hole.

How many are YOU up to now? 150?

More?
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 3:45:30 AM

In article <ki1pe0hle8hsoiaklboh8d8b0h994so0fq@4ax.com>,
NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

> Oh, but SPCS has NEVER indicated they offer time used on HOLIDAYS on
> their Nights and Weekends time pool. Get over it already.

I never said they did, but several other carriers do.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:54:06 PM

In article <2l4284F8bafrU1@uni-berlin.de>,
Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:

- Trolling for responses with bad language, but SprintPCS is still in
the minority by not providing Holidays as Night and weekend minutes.

Your bad language still leaves SprintPCS as the customer unfriendly
outfit that surveys always rate as worst in Customer Service.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 9:08:12 PM

In article <rmarkoff-69B30A.18453007072004
@news03.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@faq.cIty says...
> In article <ki1pe0hle8hsoiaklboh8d8b0h994so0fq@4ax.com>,
> NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:
>
> > Oh, but SPCS has NEVER indicated they offer time used on HOLIDAYS on
> > their Nights and Weekends time pool. Get over it already.
>
> I never said they did, but several other carriers do.

Which national carriers in the USA do it?

You failed to answer this last time.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:

>> > Oh, but SPCS has NEVER indicated they offer time used on HOLIDAYS on
>> > their Nights and Weekends time pool. Get over it already.
>>
>> I never said they did, but several other carriers do.
>
> Which national carriers in the USA do it?
>
> You failed to answer this last time.

I can answer it partially. Verizon most definitely does it, although
some people in the Verizon newsgroup were told July 5th would be offpeak
because 7/4 was a Sunday, and that turned out not to be the case. But
Christmas, Labor Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving and a couple other holidays
are always billed as weekend airtime by Verizon even when they fall on a
weekday, so if you have free weekends it effectively makes those days
airtime-free (or at least doesn't deduct from your peak bucket; not all
Verizon customers have unlimited nights and weekends).

I *believe* AT&T also does it, but I've never been an AT&T customer, so
don't quote me on that.

July 10, 2004 6:03:55 PM

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:33:08 -0500, Steven J Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

>> SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
>> Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
>> other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.
>
>July 5th isn't a holiday. I just had this EXACT same discussion in the
>Verizon newsgroup where it was argued that it is an OBSERVED holiday. I'd
>say yes, it is, if it's observed every year. (Which obviously it isn't. :)

July 5th was the designated Federal holiday for most Federal
employees, since July 4 fell on Sunday this year. December 24 and
December 31 are also the day that the Feds (and most state agencies)
will be observing the Christmas and New Year's holidays this year.

>Martin Luther King's birthday and President's Day are two examples of observed
>holidays that are actually observed consistently every year. July 5th is not.

Deb
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 6:19:41 PM

ddm46@att.net wrote:

> July 5th was the designated Federal holiday for most Federal
> employees, since July 4 fell on Sunday this year.

*Exactly.* *This* year.

July 10, 2004 6:20:47 PM

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:24:36 -0500, Steven J Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

>>> I never said they did, but several other carriers do.
>>
>> Which national carriers in the USA do it?
>>
>> You failed to answer this last time.
>
>I *believe* AT&T also does it, but I've never been an AT&T customer, so
>don't quote me on that.

I was with AT&T up until I switched to Sprint 2 years ago. During the
7 years I was with them holidays were always included in the "nights
and weekends" block. Can't speak for them today.

Deb
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 6:43:22 PM

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 19:57:31 -0400, NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

>Yea, yea, you yell this every time there's a business day federal
>holiday. Can you just get it out of the way for the next holiday,
>Labor Day (in Sep) and get it over with for the summer?
>
>Oh, and incidentally, this is a FEDERAL holiday and not all that many
>businesses recognize it. I just went out shopping and everywhere I

Actually, other than retail outlets, most businesses DID observe it,
as they do the other "major" Federal holidays, such as Labor Day and
Memorial Day. There are a number of Federal holidays that are not
observed by many businesses (such as President's Day, Veteran's Day,
etc.), however, in my experience, other than retail businesses
(stores, theaters, restaurants), most DO observer the "major" Fed
holidays, ie: Labor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, New Year's,
Christmas and Thanksgiving.

BTW, I deal with over 400 businesses on a day to day basis, as I
manage the tech support group for a software firm. Based on our survey
of those customers, all were planning to close and observe the holiday
after surveying THEIR customers to find that all of THEM were planning
to close and observe the Federal holiday on Monday.

>went, and every business I glanced at along the way, were open. Not
>much of a holiday for them.

As it is for most retail outlets for over the last 20 years or so.
Once they realized the money that could be made by staying open on
those days with all the other folks having a 'day off'......

I don't think guaging the validity of a holiday based on the retail
outlets that stay open is much of a guage.

>I think the name of the minutes you are talking about tell you what to
>expect: NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. Let's see, this is Monday - not a NIGHT
>and not on a WEEKEND.

It was also an observed holiday by pretty much all but retail outlets.

Regardless of whether Sprint includes holidays in Night and Weekends
as other carriers do, it was still a holiday.

Deb
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 9:16:57 PM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:19:41 -0500, Steven J Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

>ddm46@att.net wrote:
>
>> July 5th was the designated Federal holiday for most Federal
>> employees, since July 4 fell on Sunday this year.
>
>*Exactly.* *This* year.

And, probably *next* year for Christmas and New Years, since they will
fall on Sunday in 2005, the Monday after will probably be the
designated holidays.

Deb
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 9:16:58 PM

ddm46@att.net wrote:

> And, probably *next* year for Christmas and New Years, since they will
> fall on Sunday in 2005, the Monday after will probably be the
> designated holidays.

Indeed. My point was, it doesn't happen every year...

July 11, 2004 6:19:21 PM

I too have trouble keeping track of, the actual holiday, the
observed holiday, and the designated holiday.

Steven J Sobol wrote:
> ddm46@att.net wrote:
>

>>And, probably *next* year for Christmas and New Years, since they will
>>fall on Sunday in 2005, the Monday after will probably be the
>>designated holidays.
>

> Indeed. My point was, it doesn't happen every year...

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 10:38:28 PM

In article <rmarkoff-5C65E3.19324406072004@news03.east.earthlink.net>,
Røbert M. <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
>In article <mpfme0d8k43m5e6f576m12o4o7fc6c9brs@4ax.com>,
> NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey - the minutes you are talking about are NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
>> minutes. Where does it indicate HOLIDAYS in that?
>
>Bingo, thats the point. Other carrier's take Holidays, and treat them as
>nights and weekends.
>
>SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
>Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
>other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

I never expected holidays to be part of the weekend and evening. It wasn't
that way when I signed up, and I don't expect it to change. Should I be
outraged? AM I A FOOL TO USE SPRINT?

Mr Danish Zero would have gotten less flack if he had said "OR July 5th"
instead of "AND july 5th". But I had no trouble understanding his meaning.

-tc
!