annoying bits in sports games

One thing that bugs me in a PC sports game is where you are playing with a
gamepad, and a dialogue pops up in the screen like in MVP 2003, whenever
there is a substitution, and there is no way to respond to it besides using
the mouse to click OK. This is very moronic (BTW, did they fix this in
2004?). I fully believe in mouse support for PC games as much as possible,
but if you have an action oriented sports game you should fully support
gamepad, especially inside the game (menus are nice, but not required).

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 04:12:14 -0400, "Magnulus" <magnulus@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> One thing that bugs me in a PC sports game is where you are playing with a
>gamepad, and a dialogue pops up in the screen like in MVP 2003, whenever
>there is a substitution, and there is no way to respond to it besides using
>the mouse to click OK. This is very moronic (BTW, did they fix this in
>2004?). I fully believe in mouse support for PC games as much as possible,
>but if you have an action oriented sports game you should fully support
>gamepad, especially inside the game (menus are nice, but not required).

In MVP2004 you still need to use the mouse for some functions.