Which HD recorder to buy ?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 12, 2005 1:07:30 AM

Hi Group,
I am in the process of looking for a 24 track HD recorder, which model
is best and why ? I am doing mainly classical recordings, and no editing on
the recorder. So, simply recording the tracks at once. I can choose
between the Alesis HD 24 and Fostex LV 2424, Is the ethernet option for
the Fostex 10 or 100 mb in speed ?

Any advices will be appreciated !

More about : recorder buy

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:07:31 AM

Mike Liebhaber wrote:

> I am in the process of looking for a 24 track HD recorder, which model
> is best and why ? I am doing mainly classical recordings, and no editing on
> the recorder. So, simply recording the tracks at once. I can choose
> between the Alesis HD 24 and Fostex LV 2424, Is the ethernet option for
> the Fostex 10 or 100 mb in speed ?

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

will take you to a wealth of rec.audio.pro discussion about those two
machines.

--
ha
Anonymous

In article <420d1e91$0$28978$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> MikeLieb@nowhere.com writes:

> I am doing mainly classical recordings, and no editing on
> the recorder. So, simply recording the tracks at once. I can choose
> between the Alesis HD 24 and Fostex LV 2424

There has been some very nice things said about the HD24XR. I can
vouch for the reliability and good performance of the Mackie HDR24/96
and MDR24/96. If you shop for a used MDR24/96, you'll have a solid
performer for little enough money so that you can evaluate whether you
really want to go with this approach.

February 12, 2005 1:25:52 PM

Mike Liebhaber wrote:
> Hi Group,
> I am in the process of looking for a 24 track HD recorder, which model
> is best and why ? I am doing mainly classical recordings, and no editing on
> the recorder. So, simply recording the tracks at once. I can choose
> between the Alesis HD 24 and Fostex LV 2424, Is the ethernet option for
> the Fostex 10 or 100 mb in speed ?
>
> Any advices will be appreciated !

I have the Fostex and am very happy. Good sound quality (for the price)
and great features. Having the remote built in is brilliant.
No idea about the ethernet. I just got the DVD backup kit ($100 off
ebay!) so that's fine by me...