Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Myst V on Windows 7?

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
February 22, 2010 4:08:23 AM

Hello,
Is there a way to get this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated!

More about : myst windows

a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 22, 2010 4:57:34 AM

Where are you having problems? Trying to play the game? Trying to install the game? What have you done to try and fix it yourself thus far?
February 22, 2010 7:11:18 PM

The_Prophecy said:
Where are you having problems? Trying to play the game? Trying to install the game? What have you done to try and fix it yourself thus far?

All I've tried to do is install so far. I get an "Access Violation" and then it quits. I really appreciate any advice!
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 22, 2010 7:32:54 PM

Right click on the main executable for the installer and go to Properties. Click the Compatibility tab and trying selecting either Windows Vista or Windows XP. If that doesn't work, leave that setting as is, right click the installer executable again, and this time select Run As Administrator.
February 23, 2010 4:43:15 AM

Unfortunately, nothing you suggested worked. Is there anything else I can do?

Best solution

a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 23, 2010 5:03:07 AM

Hmm... after a bit of Googling, seems a couple of Myst's files need to be patched in order for the game to run under 7. Details can be found here.
February 25, 2010 1:56:39 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Hmm... after a bit of Googling, seems a couple of Myst's files need to be patched in order for the game to run under 7. Details can be found here.

I owe you a huge debt of gratitude. I had a couple of resources hunting for an answer and you were the only one who not only didn't throw up your hands and say 'it can't be done, sorry', but you actually solved my problem. I think you rock!!!
February 25, 2010 1:57:09 AM

Best answer selected by Sybil.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 25, 2010 1:57:51 AM

You're welcome! Glad to hear it worked.
!