replace router with diff. brand

May 23, 2004 7:19:33 PM

I have an old intel wireless-router and just want to
replace it with the Microsoft wireless-G. At the store
they said all I had to do was switch it over and it would
work. Wrong, it didn't. I presume I need to load the
software. The directions say nothing about replacing,
only new or an access point which it is neither. What is
the best way to approach this so that I don't mess up all
my settings and everything for the networking?

Thank you
!