Sign in with
Your question

Modem Driver Problem

Last response: in Windows 7
February 22, 2010 5:07:33 AM

Hi guys, i just installed Windows 7 64bit. I use a Samsung Rant m540 Cell Phone for my internet connection. I cant get high speed on my road so its alot better than dial up... anyway ive used it for a few years and now i cant seem to get it installed. It works fine on other comps and i had a driver for win xp 64bit that works. I got it installed on the windows 7 and it shows up as the modem and says its working properly but it wont respond when i try to query the modem or connect to the internet.
Im pretty sure i just need a driver for the windows 7 for the phone as modem. But Sprint does not have a driver or program which supports it and neither does Samsung which created the phone. I googled for at least 5 hours with no success ive tried a few differnt drivers and no luck. I was hoping someone could help plz. Thank you!

More about : modem driver problem

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2010 5:29:11 AM

You may need to set it up in the Compatibility mode.
February 22, 2010 6:12:11 AM

hey thx for the response, how would i go about doing that?
Related resources
February 22, 2010 6:20:19 AM

i no what it is and how it works i mean, but i just cant right click on my Connection in windows 7. Theres nothing like that with the area connection
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2010 6:36:04 AM

If you downloaded the driver, go to the directory it is in and check for an executable file to set in the Compatibility mode via the Properties function.
This is a long shot, but worth a try.

Read this...
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-wind...
February 22, 2010 6:41:06 AM

Yea just got done doin that no luck, very good idea tho. Its that type of thinking that solves alot of problems. appreciate your time man. hopefully someone else can think of something. It does say that the modem isnt responding when i do the query the modem.... but it says that its working properly and it can be selected as the modem.. just seems like it doesnt dial out
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 22, 2010 6:52:10 AM

You may already know this. According to http://www.cyberwalker.com/article/220,
if you're a SprintPCS customer, the company offers the SprintPCS Wireless Web Connection Card Kit that provides the cable and software to connect your phone to your laptop. It runs about $60 US. It's available through SprintPCS dealers or on-line at http://www.sprintpcs.com.
February 22, 2010 4:47:33 PM

thanks but i already have the data cable and it always works fine. I just cant find a driver for windows 7.
February 24, 2010 1:35:59 AM

OK GUYS! i fixed the impossible! lol took me about 25 hours of work time but i solved it. If u have a phone as modem and cant get it installed on windows 7 just post here and ill put the solution. Its not hard just very complicated to explain... PRETTY MUCH ur phone installs several drivers by itself on win xp... but win 7 does not recognize them so u gota do them all manually. u have to locate each driver which is NOT labled and pick what it is... for example folder 1 was my cdma samsung phone... folder 2 was my com port driver.... folder 3 was my samsung usb driver... if u have this problem post and ill do my best to help u all! i no how it is trying to fix this everyone says there is no way yet but there is and i found it!
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2010 2:02:57 AM

Well done.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 12, 2010 11:52:55 PM

please give detailed instructions. i have this exact same problem
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2010 12:08:17 AM

specifially where do i download the drivers and how do i install them correctly
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 7:01:43 PM

topgamer32 said:
OK GUYS! i fixed the impossible! lol took me about 25 hours of work time but i solved it. If u have a phone as modem and cant get it installed on windows 7 just post here and ill put the solution. Its not hard just very complicated to explain... PRETTY MUCH ur phone installs several drivers by itself on win xp... but win 7 does not recognize them so u gota do them all manually. u have to locate each driver which is NOT labled and pick what it is... for example folder 1 was my cdma samsung phone... folder 2 was my com port driver.... folder 3 was my samsung usb driver... if u have this problem post and ill do my best to help u all! i no how it is trying to fix this everyone says there is no way yet but there is and i found it!

I have a Globalstar satellite phone. It says it just needs a standard modem connection, but I can't find any way to set one up in Windows 7. Where do I get the driver? Sorry, but I'm not very good at computers.
December 26, 2010 3:12:37 PM

topgamer32 said:

Hi I just got a new laptop for Christmas and I can't get the drivers to instull. Sprint is no help so how do I do it. This right now is the only way to get internet. Thanks so much
August 2, 2011 4:47:49 AM

samd- i have blackberry bold 9700, i am not able to make my phone modem work, it is keep failing. I have checked my laptop standard modem is there but have some kind of warning sign. Can help me pick the modem driver manually?
Thanks for your help.
August 31, 2011 4:35:22 AM

pls bro i have same problem
August 31, 2011 4:35:30 AM

pls bro i have same problem
!