  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 15, 2004 6:14:14 PM

Hey,
i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my buttons.
It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
not even make able at all.
For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
or shooting.
please, if someone has a solution then let me know.

Thx

More about : fifa 2004 saitek p880 windows2k

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 6:14:15 PM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:14:14 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
wrote:

>Hey,
>i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
>told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
>Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my buttons.
>It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
>I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
>not even make able at all.
>For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
>with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
>or shooting.
>please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
>
>Thx

Doesn't the gamepad software allow you to change the configuration?
Usually gamepad software allows you to set each button to map a key
from your keyboard. Could be a Win2K issue, XP has better support for
gamepads etc.
June 16, 2004 12:35:04 AM

Diskhead schrieb:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:14:14 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
> wrote:
>

>>Hey,
>>i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
>>told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
>>Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my buttons.
>>It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
>>I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
>>not even make able at all.
>>For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
>>with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
>>or shooting.
>>please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
>>
>>Thx
>

> Doesn't the gamepad software allow you to change the configuration?
> Usually gamepad software allows you to set each button to map a key
> from your keyboard. Could be a Win2K issue, XP has better support for
> gamepads etc.

Well i could do that, but shouldn't there a gamepad settings page in
FIFA 2004? That's how i am used to that stuff.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 1:51:15 PM

I don't have an answer for you for the pad your using, but the logitech pad
is what EA used for all of the 2004 games and I have had no problem using it
in all my other games...flawless.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/E...
951

Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de> wrote in message
> Hey,
> i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
> told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
> Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my
buttons.
> It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
> I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
> not even make able at all.
> For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
> with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
> or shooting.
> please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
>
> Thx
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 4:57:47 PM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:35:04 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
wrote:

>Well i could do that, but shouldn't there a gamepad settings page in
>FIFA 2004? That's how i am used to that stuff.

Yes, there should and I can change the defualt mapping in FIFA2004 on
my Dualshock. Like I said, maybe it's a Win2K issue.
June 16, 2004 11:57:56 PM

Darek Unser schrieb:
> I don't have an answer for you for the pad your using, but the logitech pad
> is what EA used for all of the 2004 games and I have had no problem using it
> in all my other games...flawless.
>
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/E...
> 951

i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was recommended
by others.
I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
the saitek.

> Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de> wrote in message
>
>>Hey,
>>i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
>>told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
>>Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my
>
> buttons.
>
>>It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
>>I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
>>not even make able at all.
>>For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
>>with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
>>or shooting.
>>please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
>>
>>Thx

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 11:57:57 PM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:56 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
wrote:

>i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
>games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
>Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was recommended
>by others.
>I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
>the saitek.

I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.
June 17, 2004 3:01:37 AM

Diskhead schrieb:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:56 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
> wrote:
>

>>i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
>>games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
>>Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was recommended
>>by others.
>>I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
>>the saitek.
>

> I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
> FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
> Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
> attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
> the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.

I can't believe it's due to win2k, as it appears right in the
game/controller settings of windows 2k
I'll try reinstalling the game and delete everything i have now of it.
Maybe that helps.
June 17, 2004 5:48:32 AM

Oliver schrieb:
> Diskhead schrieb:
>
>> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:56 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
>>> games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
>>> Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was
>>> recommended by others.
>>> I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
>>> the saitek.
>>

>> I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
>> FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
>> Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
>> attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
>> the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.
>>
> I can't believe it's due to win2k, as it appears right in the
> game/controller settings of windows 2k
> I'll try reinstalling the game and delete everything i have now of it.
> Maybe that helps.

No didn't help. I'm gonna write now a support question to ea.
July 5, 2004 11:30:07 PM

Oliver schrieb:
> Oliver schrieb:
>
>> Diskhead schrieb:

>>> I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
>>> FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
>>> Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
>>> attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
>>> the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.
>>>
>> I can't believe it's due to win2k, as it appears right in the
>> game/controller settings of windows 2k
>> I'll try reinstalling the game and delete everything i have now of it.
>> Maybe that helps.
>

> No didn't help. I'm gonna write now a support question to ea.

Seems like ea isn't taking care of this. No answer yet.
Am i the only one out there with such problems?
!