FIFA 2004 Saitek P880 and Windows2K

Hey,
i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my buttons.
It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
not even make able at all.
For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
or shooting.
please, if someone has a solution then let me know.

Thx
9 answers Last reply
More about fifa 2004 saitek p880 windows2k
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:14:14 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
    wrote:

    >Hey,
    >i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
    >told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
    >Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my buttons.
    >It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
    >I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
    >not even make able at all.
    >For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
    >with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
    >or shooting.
    >please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
    >
    >Thx

    Doesn't the gamepad software allow you to change the configuration?
    Usually gamepad software allows you to set each button to map a key
    from your keyboard. Could be a Win2K issue, XP has better support for
    gamepads etc.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Diskhead schrieb:

    > On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:14:14 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Hey,
    >>i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
    >>told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
    >>Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my buttons.
    >>It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
    >>I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
    >>not even make able at all.
    >>For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
    >>with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
    >>or shooting.
    >>please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
    >>
    >>Thx
    >

    > Doesn't the gamepad software allow you to change the configuration?
    > Usually gamepad software allows you to set each button to map a key
    > from your keyboard. Could be a Win2K issue, XP has better support for
    > gamepads etc.

    Well i could do that, but shouldn't there a gamepad settings page in
    FIFA 2004? That's how i am used to that stuff.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I don't have an answer for you for the pad your using, but the logitech pad
    is what EA used for all of the 2004 games and I have had no problem using it
    in all my other games...flawless.

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=11,CONTENTID=6
    951

    Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    > i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
    > told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
    > Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my
    buttons.
    > It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
    > I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
    > not even make able at all.
    > For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
    > with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
    > or shooting.
    > please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
    >
    > Thx
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:35:04 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
    wrote:

    >Well i could do that, but shouldn't there a gamepad settings page in
    >FIFA 2004? That's how i am used to that stuff.

    Yes, there should and I can change the defualt mapping in FIFA2004 on
    my Dualshock. Like I said, maybe it's a Win2K issue.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Darek Unser schrieb:
    > I don't have an answer for you for the pad your using, but the logitech pad
    > is what EA used for all of the 2004 games and I have had no problem using it
    > in all my other games...flawless.
    >
    > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=11,CONTENTID=6
    > 951

    i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
    games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
    Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was recommended
    by others.
    I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
    the saitek.

    > Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hey,
    >>i had trouble before with a noname usb pad in FIFA 2004 and everyone
    >>told me to get another and some recommended the Saitek P880.
    >>Now i got that controller, but i am still not able to configure my
    >
    > buttons.
    >
    >>It's a real shame, i don't know what's wrong here.
    >>I would love to get to fully enjoy the game, but like this it's hard and
    >>not even make able at all.
    >>For example is my power button on Saitek's number 6 now, that i push
    >>with my right thumb, but i need the right thumb for passing or dribbling
    >>or shooting.
    >>please, if someone has a solution then let me know.
    >>
    >>Thx

  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:56 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
    wrote:

    >i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
    >games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
    >Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was recommended
    >by others.
    >I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
    >the saitek.

    I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
    FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
    Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
    attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
    the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Diskhead schrieb:

    > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:56 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
    >>games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
    >>Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was recommended
    >>by others.
    >>I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
    >>the saitek.
    >

    > I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
    > FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
    > Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
    > attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
    > the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.

    I can't believe it's due to win2k, as it appears right in the
    game/controller settings of windows 2k
    I'll try reinstalling the game and delete everything i have now of it.
    Maybe that helps.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Oliver schrieb:
    > Diskhead schrieb:
    >
    >> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:56 +0200, Oliver <oliver_summa@web.de>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> i can't get another pad, that's ridiculous. i played with noname pads
    >>> games before and i always was able to configure my buttons.
    >>> Only in this game i can't and now i got extra a pad that was
    >>> recommended by others.
    >>> I've chosen the saitek over the logitech, as i prefer the ergonomy of
    >>> the saitek.
    >>

    >> I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
    >> FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
    >> Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
    >> attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
    >> the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.
    >>
    > I can't believe it's due to win2k, as it appears right in the
    > game/controller settings of windows 2k
    > I'll try reinstalling the game and delete everything i have now of it.
    > Maybe that helps.

    No didn't help. I'm gonna write now a support question to ea.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Oliver schrieb:
    > Oliver schrieb:
    >
    >> Diskhead schrieb:

    >>> I just switched from my Dualshock to a MS Sidewinder gamepad and
    >>> FIFA2004 saw the Sidewinder as configurable too. When I switched to a
    >>> Gravis Eliminator Pro though it still thought I had the Dualshock
    >>> attached, but it still showed a gamepad and you say your's shows only
    >>> the keyboard. Maybe update/downgrade to XP.
    >>>
    >> I can't believe it's due to win2k, as it appears right in the
    >> game/controller settings of windows 2k
    >> I'll try reinstalling the game and delete everything i have now of it.
    >> Maybe that helps.
    >

    > No didn't help. I'm gonna write now a support question to ea.

    Seems like ea isn't taking care of this. No answer yet.
    Am i the only one out there with such problems?

PC gaming Saitek Video Games