Lost Install CD for Treo 600

Last response: in Network Providers
July 8, 2004 7:41:34 AM

I just got a new laptop and wish to install the treo 600 software.
I have lost the CD and wonder if anyone cam make a copy or post the
necessary files to an ftp site or email them to me.

Thanks in advance.
Justin

More about : lost install treo 600

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 5:00:02 PM

In article <293ca74d.0407080241.213458ec@posting.google.com>,
jlkoch@softhome.net (Justin Koch) wrote:

> I just got a new laptop and wish to install the treo 600 software.
> I have lost the CD and wonder if anyone cam make a copy or post the
> necessary files to an ftp site or email them to me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Justin

I don't think thats legal. Surely PalmOne, can sell you a replacement CD
for cheap if you supply your registered serial number.

Palm Desktop is a free download under any circumstances.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 7:08:50 AM

Bob,

Good point. I have all the software on my home computer and tried to
copy it over to my new laptop. That does not seem to do the trick.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the software up and running
without the install disk?

Justin

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-E9D060.08000108072004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <293ca74d.0407080241.213458ec@posting.google.com>,
> jlkoch@softhome.net (Justin Koch) wrote:
>
> > I just got a new laptop and wish to install the treo 600 software.
> > I have lost the CD and wonder if anyone cam make a copy or post the
> > necessary files to an ftp site or email them to me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Justin
>
> I don't think thats legal. Surely PalmOne, can sell you a replacement CD
> for cheap if you supply your registered serial number.
>
> Palm Desktop is a free download under any circumstances.
July 9, 2004 4:36:43 PM

jlkoch@softhome.net (Justin Koch) wrote in message news:<293ca74d.0407080241.213458ec@posting.google.com>...
> I just got a new laptop and wish to install the treo 600 software.
> I have lost the CD and wonder if anyone cam make a copy or post the
> necessary files to an ftp site or email them to me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Justin

Hi Justin,

Kevin from palmOne here. You can download your Palm desktop at the
link below. Just choose the version for the Treo 600.

Palm Desktop software for Windows
http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/win_desktop...

If you need any other software or have any questions about your Treo,
you might want to check out this page.

Support for Treo 600 Smartphones
http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo600sprint/

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Kevin

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kevin Michaels
kevin.michaels@palmOne.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
The palmOne Pays Back program
Register for a chance to win a FREE palmOne Zire 72 Prize Package or
Zire 31 Prize Package!
http://clients.eprize.net/palm/loyalty/spinandwin/index...
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 2:06:35 AM

In article <cc98eac0.0407091136.43716777@posting.google.com>,
kevin.michaels@palmone.com (Kevin Michaels) wrote:

> jlkoch@softhome.net (Justin Koch) wrote in message
> > I just got a new laptop and wish to install the treo 600 software.
> > I have lost the CD and wonder if anyone cam make a copy or post the
> > necessary files to an ftp site or email them to me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Justin
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> Kevin from palmOne here. You can download your Palm desktop at the
> link below. Just choose the version for the Treo 600.
>
> Palm Desktop software for Windows
> http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/win_desktop...
>
> If you need any other software or have any questions about your Treo,
> you might want to check out this page.
>
> Support for Treo 600 Smartphones
> http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo600sprint/
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Best wishes,
> Kevin

If he wants to sync with Outlook, he'll need the additional software in
the CD.
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 3:07:11 PM

> In article <cc98eac0.0407091136.43716777@posting.google.com>,
> kevin.michaels@palmone.com (Kevin Michaels) wrote:
>
> > jlkoch@softhome.net (Justin Koch) wrote in message
> > > I just got a new laptop and wish to install the treo 600 software.
> > > I have lost the CD and wonder if anyone cam make a copy or post the
> > > necessary files to an ftp site or email them to me.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Justin
> >
> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > Kevin from palmOne here. You can download your Palm desktop at the
> > link below. Just choose the version for the Treo 600.
> >
> > Palm Desktop software for Windows
> > http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/win_desktop...
> >
> > If you need any other software or have any questions about your Treo,
> > you might want to check out this page.
> >
> > Support for Treo 600 Smartphones
> > http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo600sprint/
> >
> > Hope that helps!
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Kevin
>
> If he wants to sync with Outlook, he'll need the additional software in
> the CD.

Justin,

I have installed the Treo600 software solely from the palmOne website - I
don't carry the CD around with me... ha ha...

I am able to sync to Outlook. It will ask for your Treo serial number when
you go to download the install.

Thomas
!