Links and TW Golf

Last response: in Video Games
June 20, 2004 12:08:04 AM

I was watching the Open yesterday and today and decided to install
TW2003 and Links2003 on the computer that I just finished building. I
vaguely remember when I had them installed a while back there were
places that I could download courses. I cannot find any of these for
Links. I googled every combination of links and golf and courses that I
could think of and came up with nothing. I found several places for TW.
I'd appreciate any links (pun intended) to places that I can download
courses from. Also can someone point me to a place where I can download
a patch for TW2k3 so that I don't have to use the CD to start the game.

Thanks.

dick

More about : links golf

Anonymous
June 20, 2004 1:42:48 PM

Here's for Links:

Kimmo K.K.

"Dick Sidbury" <drjamessidbury@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I was watching the Open yesterday and today and decided to install
> TW2003 and Links2003 on the computer that I just finished building. I
> vaguely remember when I had them installed a while back there were
> places that I could download courses. I cannot find any of these for
> Links. I googled every combination of links and golf and courses that I
> could think of and came up with nothing. I found several places for TW.
> I'd appreciate any links (pun intended) to places that I can download
> courses from. Also can someone point me to a place where I can download
> a patch for TW2k3 so that I don't have to use the CD to start the game.
>
> Thanks.
>
> dick
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 8:10:31 PM

I cannot find any of these for Links. I googled every combination of links
and golf and courses that I
> could think of and came up with nothing. I found several places for TW.
> I'd appreciate any links (pun intended) to places that I can download
> courses from. Also can someone point me to a place where I can download
> a patch for TW2k3 so that I don't have to use the CD to start the game.

That is simply amazing. All I did was do a google search on Links 2003 and
the first thing that came up was Links Corner.

I think what you meant to say was,

"I do remember Links having a lot of downloadable golf courses but since I'm
too lazy to search for them myself I think I'll post and then some stooge
will tell me where to find them."

As to the no-cd for TW 2003, look around, you'll find it.

Alanb
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 21, 2004 12:25:13 AM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:24:13 GMT, "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote:

>Well, Links Corner did not come up, I'll concede. But then if you went to
>the first link and navigated a bit, you'd end up at Links Corner I'm sure.
>It just takes a little bit of work.
>
>Now a**holes usually are able to find the place (as I was); but dunces,
>that's a whole different story.
>
>Alanb

Jesus, whatta prick.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 5:04:21 AM

"Baked" <baked@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:24:13 GMT, "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net>
wrote:

> >Well, Links Corner did not come up, I'll concede. But then if you went
> >the first link and navigated a bit, you'd end up at Links Corner I'm
sure.
> >It just takes a little bit of work.
> >
> >Now a**holes usually are able to find the place (as I was); but dunces,
> >that's a whole different story.
> >
> >Alanb
>
> Jesus, whatta prick.

Actually, that's up for interpretation. :)

Seriously though, I cannot tolerate those who aren't willing to go out and
do the leg work themselves before coming in here and asking for the location
of things. It's either something like, "Heck, why waste my time. I'll just
ask at csipgs." Or, "Now I've spent a whole minute looking for this and I
can't find it. Time to inquire at csipgs."

Take the original poster. These Links courses are not hard to find. Fact
is, if he would've looked at the first sight listed in a google search, he
would've found MS' site, which has about five or six free course downloads.
Another minute and he would've been at Links corner.

At least try a half-hour search and then if you're lost, inquire. But after
two minutes? Lazy.

Alanb
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 5:51:44 AM

Dick,

Okay, no big deal. I understand. I think though that if you had gone to
Microsoft's Links site and looked around there, which would've gotten you to
the Tour site, you would've found Links Corner.

It might have taken you a few minutes, that's all. Sometimes, if you're not
exact in your searches-- as I'm sure you know-- you'll have to go to one
link and then from that site navigate to another site, until you find what
you were looking for.

I do apologize for being so rude. I thought you might be one of those young
uns who can't focus for more than a minute before they fall apart.

Alanb
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 5:51:45 AM

"Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message

snip

> I do apologize for being so rude. I thought you might be one of those
young
> uns who can't focus for more than a minute before they fall apart.
>
> Alanb

Or worse still, one of those horrid people who spend more time telling
people how they could have found the answer themselves then they would have
by just simply answering the question.

Elrikk ;o)

PS. I know, I know . . . give a man fire and he'll be warm for a
night; set
a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

God bless the teachers.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 6:05:48 AM

Also can someone point me to a place where I can download
> a patch for TW2k3 so that I don't have to use the CD to start the game.
>
> Thanks.
>
> dick

Try www.gamecopyworld.com

I doubt you'll be able to play on the EA servers with this fixed .exe

Alanb
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 1:12:57 PM

Alan Bernardo wrote:

> Dick,
>
> Okay, no big deal. I understand. I think though that if you had gone to
> Microsoft's Links site and looked around there, which would've gotten you to
> the Tour site, you would've found Links Corner.

Well I actually spent over an hours searching. I found two courses on
the MS Site and eventually got to the APCD site which basically has
everything for sale. BTW has anyone purchased the two dvd's for 25
dollars that contain over 300 courses? If so, would you care to
comment. [And OK I'm willing to admit that I haven't googled this
group's history to see if this has come up before]

> It might have taken you a few minutes, that's all. Sometimes, if you're not
> exact in your searches-- as I'm sure you know-- you'll have to go to one
> link and then from that site navigate to another site, until you find what
> you were looking for.

Well as I said I tried various combinations of "links" "courses" "golf"
and couldn't even find a reasonable link. I even tried groups.google
and searched messages here for the past two years and came up empty.
But there was a 50+ post thread about charging 5 dollars per course :)

> I do apologize for being so rude. I thought you might be one of those young
> uns who can't focus for more than a minute before they fall apart.

No I'm probably older than you are :)  I still have my copy of Links
(the original one that came out before Links 386!)

dick
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 1:59:03 AM

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:04:21 +0000, Alan Bernardo wrote:

> It's either something like, "Heck, why waste my time. I'll just
> ask at csipgs." Or, "Now I've spent a whole minute looking for this and I
> can't find it. Time to inquire at csipgs."

Yes, how dreadful to post easy inquiries here this time of year amongst
the deluge of traffic ;) .

--
Ian Merrithew - ADM Systems Engineering
ian.merrithew "at" ieee.org