1) Foxconn
2) POWMAX
3) Power Magic
4) Powertek
5) Okia
6) Apollo
7) Raidmax
8) Channel well

I want to get a reasonable power supply, at not too high a cost. Is this a who's who of mediocre supplies or are there some which aren't too bad

There's too much blood in my caffeine system

jamarno

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
Among the brands listed, I'm familiar with only Powmax, Raidmax, Channel Well, and Foxconn. Channel Well is the best of these and is the current maker of Antec's power supplies. If I couldn't get a Fortron/Sparkle, Delta, or HEC/Heroichi (Compucase), I certainly would not mind a Channel Well.

Foxconn is one brand of Deer, a company known for low quality power supplies. Raidmax seems to have fans mostly because of the name, and of the bad supplies, Powmax (Leadman, Robanton) may be the safest choice, but don't expect much power from them.

I've had good luck even with incredibly low quality power supplies, probably because computers rarely draw more than 200W, although some supplies failed when intentionally shorted, including some of the better brands, such as Enermax.

finrod

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2003
thanks for the reply,

I think I'll err on the side of caution and opt for one of

1) Enermax
2) Antec
3) Fortron
4) Sparkle

There's too much blood in my caffeine system

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Another vote for Enermax. Reliable and pretty quiet.

<i><font color=blue>There is no failure when you believe in success.</font color=blue></i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
While Enermax are nice, I've had my best luck with Power Man, which is sold under the brand names AOpen and Sparkle, so choosing from your list, Sparkle.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>