MVP 2004: no MVP points in dynasty mode?

Is it possible that in MVP Baseball 2004 you can only get points for tasks
completed in exhibition mode? I just hit 2 homeruns with one of my players
in a game and didn't get any points. Also, I can't select my profile before
a game...does that mean I'll never get any points when playing my season
games? Thanks...
4 answers Last reply
More about 2004 points dynasty mode
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible that in MVP Baseball 2004 you can only get points for tasks
    > completed in exhibition mode? I just hit 2 homeruns with one of my
    players
    > in a game and didn't get any points. Also, I can't select my profile
    before
    > a game...does that mean I'll never get any points when playing my season
    > games? Thanks...

    Yeah I learned of this bug.... but someone found a way to beat it.

    After loading your dynasty, immediately go down and click on Prof1 button,
    and load it.

    After you're done with the game, go to Prof1 button again and save it. Then
    save dynasty and then quit.

    After I've been doing this, the mvp points are accumulating nicely directly
    from result of dynasty games.

    Have fun!
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote in message
    > "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible that in MVP Baseball 2004 you can only get points for
    tasks
    > > completed in exhibition mode? I just hit 2 homeruns with one of my
    > players
    > > in a game and didn't get any points. Also, I can't select my profile
    > before
    > > a game...does that mean I'll never get any points when playing my season
    > > games? Thanks...
    >
    > Yeah I learned of this bug.... but someone found a way to beat it.
    >
    > After loading your dynasty, immediately go down and click on Prof1 button,
    > and load it.
    >
    > After you're done with the game, go to Prof1 button again and save it.
    Then
    > save dynasty and then quit.
    >
    > After I've been doing this, the mvp points are accumulating nicely
    directly
    > from result of dynasty games.
    >
    > Have fun!

    Hmmm...not too sure of 3 things: 1-do you absolutely need to load the Prof1
    (default) profile or can you load your own profile (because I had chosen
    mine at the beginning of my dynasty)? 2-After you have completed certain
    tasks during a game, will your new point total show up when you click on
    your profile name? 3-do you have to load your profile each time you go into
    dunasty mode or can you just leave it the way it is and save it afterwards?
    (didn't seem to work). Thanks!
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Hmmm...not too sure of 3 things:

    >1-do you absolutely need to load the Prof1
    > (default) profile or can you load your own profile (because I had chosen
    > mine at the beginning of my dynasty)?

    I imagine loading your own profile should work.

    >2-After you have completed certain
    > tasks during a game, will your new point total show up when you click on
    > your profile name?

    Yes!

    >3-do you have to load your profile each time you go into
    > dunasty mode or can you just leave it the way it is and save it
    afterwards?
    > (didn't seem to work). Thanks!

    Yes, I was wondering about this too. So today, I didn't load the profile
    and played the game. One of my hitters went 4-4(hitting 1.000 for one
    game). After the game, I tried to save the profile and the change didn't
    show up.

    So for now, I'm gonna load profile everytime before playing dynasty game,
    and save it everytime after the game. I know it sounds redundant, but hey
    at least it works. :)
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Your default profile is always loaded for you. Go into my MVP and set the
    default profile. The profile you are using is always under the input device
    you are using. Just make sure that you save your profile before you exit out
    to windows.

    > "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote in message
    > > "Ampersand" <ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote in message
    > > > Is it possible that in MVP Baseball 2004 you can only get points for
    > tasks
    > > > completed in exhibition mode? I just hit 2 homeruns with one of my
    > > players
    > > > in a game and didn't get any points. Also, I can't select my profile
    > > before
    > > > a game...does that mean I'll never get any points when playing my
    season
    > > > games? Thanks...
    > >
    > > Yeah I learned of this bug.... but someone found a way to beat it.
    > >
    > > After loading your dynasty, immediately go down and click on Prof1
    button,
    > > and load it.
    > >
    > > After you're done with the game, go to Prof1 button again and save it.
    > Then
    > > save dynasty and then quit.
    > >
    > > After I've been doing this, the mvp points are accumulating nicely
    > directly
    > > from result of dynasty games.
    > >
    > > Have fun!
    > >

    > Hmmm...not too sure of 3 things: 1-do you absolutely need to load the
    Prof1
    > (default) profile or can you load your own profile (because I had chosen
    > mine at the beginning of my dynasty)? 2-After you have completed certain
    > tasks during a game, will your new point total show up when you click on
    > your profile name? 3-do you have to load your profile each time you go
    into
    > dunasty mode or can you just leave it the way it is and save it
    afterwards?
    > (didn't seem to work). Thanks!

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games