Sign in with
Your question

The password does not meet the password policy requirements any help?

Last response: in Business Computing
December 13, 2011 6:51:17 AM

Hello, i try to create users in windows server2008 enterprise, and if enter a password e.g 100200300$$@@ and click on finish it gives me error message; windows can not set the password for e.g female fw.ward because: the password does not meet the password requirements.
December 13, 2011 8:13:54 AM

By default Windows Server 2003 requires passwords to meet the following criteria for strong passwords.

Has at least 6 characters
Does not contain "Administrator" or "Admin"
Contains characters from three of the following categories:
Uppercase letters (A, B, C, and so on)
Lowercase letters (a, b, c, and so on)
Numbers (0, 1, 2, and so on)
Non-alphanumeric characters (#, &, ~, and so on)

you havent used any letters--you need at least one letter and one upper case letter as well as what you have

already used
Related resources
December 23, 2011 6:16:27 PM

monniebawa said:
Hello, i try to create users in windows server2008 enterprise, and if enter a password e.g 100200300$$@@ and click on finish it gives me error message; windows can not set the password for e.g female fw.ward because: the password does not meet the password requirements.

you may want to check with the user to see if they changed the password once today, i belive even on the lowest complexity setting users can only change your pw once a day =)
January 5, 2012 2:56:25 PM

How about you go into the group policy manager and chenge your password requirements, you can set how many digits, how long the password lasts, how many passwords to store in memory so a user doesnt just switch back and fouth between 2 passwords but then most of all you can enable or disable password complexity. Usually it will require 3 different settings, Upper Case, Lower Case, Number, Special Character. Try this if the users name is Jon Doe: JonDoe/1 Thats the way i usually do it and then set the password to require the user to change.
!