ESPN Football 2k5 to have Coach Mode online against other ..

Sounds cool, just read about it tonight. Basically, its Coach Mode on xbox
live against other users. You call the plays, formations, etc and let the
computer run the play against the other person's playcalling.
2 answers Last reply
More about espn football coach mode online
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On 7/8/04 11:42 PM, in article
    QmpHc.34960$IX4.3270191@twister.tampabay.rr.com, "Buck411"
    <buck411@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Sounds cool, just read about it tonight. Basically, its Coach Mode on xbox
    > live against other users. You call the plays, formations, etc and let the
    > computer run the play against the other person's playcalling.

    Well, you've always been able to do that.

    What is new are coaching profiles. You can create, or, from what I've
    heard, the game will create one that mimics what you have done previously.

    Sega is throwing in a fun, but rather pointless addition. Not only are they
    including the profiles from celebrities, they are including audio taunting
    from them as you play there profile.

    But would could be cool, is that we are finally seeing a console come close
    to what FPS FBPro did years ago. Some dedicated fans could, in theory
    create rosters, plays, and profiles that could mimic real teams. This would
    be easier if there were utilities available such as those that were
    developed for FBPro to ease some of the editing.

    Then, according to ign.com,"If that's not enough, ESPN NFL will also
    incorporate living rosters into online play. So now, not only will you be
    able to play in leagues and tournaments with friends, but you will also be
    able to make trades, track injuries, and even check out all of your stats
    and schedules on the Web. In fact, everything you can track in season mode
    you will also be able to track online. But it's the living rosters addition
    that will make hardcore fans smile. Trading players with friends is one
    thing, but then to actually see it incorporated into your league, that's the
    kind of online functionality gamers have been dreaming about."

    For $20 gamers are getting that will offer features that could make them
    yearly purchasers. It's a damn good strategy, and needed badly now that EA
    is going online on the XBox.

    NFL2K has been a fun game to see evolve, having been a fan of it on the
    Dreamcast.

    Jayhawker
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    That's why I'm getting ESPN Football 2K5 for the XBox and Madden for the PC.

    $19 + $39 = just $10 more than I'd have to spend on Madden alone.

    Jonah Falcon

    "Jayhawker" <rock.chalk@jayhawks.net> wrote in message
    > On 7/8/04 11:42 PM, in article
    > QmpHc.34960$IX4.3270191@twister.tampabay.rr.com, "Buck411"
    > <buck411@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Sounds cool, just read about it tonight. Basically, its Coach Mode on
    xbox
    > > live against other users. You call the plays, formations, etc and let
    the
    > > computer run the play against the other person's playcalling.
    > >

    > Well, you've always been able to do that.
    >
    > What is new are coaching profiles. You can create, or, from what I've
    > heard, the game will create one that mimics what you have done previously.
    >
    > Sega is throwing in a fun, but rather pointless addition. Not only are
    they
    > including the profiles from celebrities, they are including audio taunting
    > from them as you play there profile.
    >
    > But would could be cool, is that we are finally seeing a console come
    close
    > to what FPS FBPro did years ago. Some dedicated fans could, in theory
    > create rosters, plays, and profiles that could mimic real teams. This
    would
    > be easier if there were utilities available such as those that were
    > developed for FBPro to ease some of the editing.
    >
    > Then, according to ign.com,"If that's not enough, ESPN NFL will also
    > incorporate living rosters into online play. So now, not only will you be
    > able to play in leagues and tournaments with friends, but you will also be
    > able to make trades, track injuries, and even check out all of your stats
    > and schedules on the Web. In fact, everything you can track in season mode
    > you will also be able to track online. But it's the living rosters
    addition
    > that will make hardcore fans smile. Trading players with friends is one
    > thing, but then to actually see it incorporated into your league, that's
    the
    > kind of online functionality gamers have been dreaming about."
    >
    > For $20 gamers are getting that will offer features that could make them
    > yearly purchasers. It's a damn good strategy, and needed badly now that
    EA
    > is going online on the XBox.
    >
    > NFL2K has been a fun game to see evolve, having been a fan of it on the
    > Dreamcast.
    >
    > Jayhawker

PC gaming Computers Games IBM Video Games