ESPN Football 2k5 to have Coach Mode online against other ..

Sounds cool, just read about it tonight. Basically, its Coach Mode on xbox
live against other users. You call the plays, formations, etc and let the
computer run the play against the other person's playcalling.

jayhawker

On 7/8/04 11:42 PM, in article
QmpHc.34960$IX4.3270191@twister.tampabay.rr.com, "Buck411"
<buck411@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds cool, just read about it tonight. Basically, its Coach Mode on xbox
> live against other users. You call the plays, formations, etc and let the
> computer run the play against the other person's playcalling.

Well, you've always been able to do that.

What is new are coaching profiles. You can create, or, from what I've
heard, the game will create one that mimics what you have done previously.

Sega is throwing in a fun, but rather pointless addition. Not only are they
including the profiles from celebrities, they are including audio taunting
from them as you play there profile.

But would could be cool, is that we are finally seeing a console come close
to what FPS FBPro did years ago. Some dedicated fans could, in theory
create rosters, plays, and profiles that could mimic real teams. This would
be easier if there were utilities available such as those that were
developed for FBPro to ease some of the editing.

Then, according to ign.com,"If that's not enough, ESPN NFL will also
incorporate living rosters into online play. So now, not only will you be
able to play in leagues and tournaments with friends, but you will also be
able to make trades, track injuries, and even check out all of your stats
and schedules on the Web. In fact, everything you can track in season mode
you will also be able to track online. But it's the living rosters addition
that will make hardcore fans smile. Trading players with friends is one
thing, but then to actually see it incorporated into your league, that's the
kind of online functionality gamers have been dreaming about."

For $20 gamers are getting that will offer features that could make them
yearly purchasers. It's a damn good strategy, and needed badly now that EA
is going online on the XBox.

NFL2K has been a fun game to see evolve, having been a fan of it on the
Dreamcast.

Jayhawker

That's why I'm getting ESPN Football 2K5 for the XBox and Madden for the PC.

$19 + $39 = just $10 more than I'd have to spend on Madden alone.

Jonah Falcon