Unnecessary Roughness '96 & XP Compatibility

UR96 ran in DOS, win95, and win98, but I cannot get it to run under XP. If
anyone has a suggestion I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

On 19 Jul 2004 05:24:31 GMT, arbermudez@aol.com (ARBermudez) wrote:

>UR96 ran in DOS, win95, and win98, but I cannot get it to run under XP. If
>anyone has a suggestion I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Have you tried setting the exe to win9x compatibility mode? Right
click the game exe and select properties, now select compatibility
tab.

If it was a pure DOS game, I doubt it. It should run, but without sound and
without gamepads. Or you would need special drivers for these to work. If
it was a mixed DOS/Windows version, then it might still run properly.

"ARBermudez" <arbermudez@aol.com> wrote in message
> UR96 ran in DOS, win95, and win98, but I cannot get it to run under XP.
If
> anyone has a suggestion I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:12:44 -0400, "Ampersand"
<ampersand@yourbestfriend.com> wrote:

>If it was a pure DOS game, I doubt it. It should run, but without sound and
>without gamepads. Or you would need special drivers for these to work. If
>it was a mixed DOS/Windows version, then it might still run properly.

You can run Dos games in XP using "VDMsound", it even includes usb
joystick support for Dos games.

Thanks to all who replied! I right clicked on the game exe and selected
properties. I then selected the compatibility
tab, checked everything and now the game runs beautifully! Thanks again!