wireless internet

I've used my laptop-to-Vision phone hook-up occasionally for access to the
internet. I've been very happy with the connection speeds and reliability
and I'm thinking of getting a wireless data plan. Sprint offers 300MB /
month for $80. How does this compare with wireless offerings from the other
telcos?

I prob. will be travelling a fair bit in the coming months, including trips
to boonies where the hotels don't have free broadband (gasp!). Also, having
gotten used to my wi-fi connection at home, it would be nice to browse the
web while sitting by the pool or whatever. In a few years, wi-fi will
probably be all over the place, but for now I think cellular data is still
my best bet.

Thanks.

Bill T

Do you already have a Sprint PCS Connection Card? The 300 MB for
$80 is only for one of those cards. Your phone and plan would be
separate. Of course Vision on the phone and Vision on the Connection
Card would only work where Sprint PCS has it's own coverage, no roaming.

"Bill T" <wctom1@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I've used my laptop-to-Vision phone hook-up occasionally for access to the
> internet. I've been very happy with the connection speeds and reliability
> and I'm thinking of getting a wireless data plan. Sprint offers 300MB /
> month for $80. How does this compare with wireless offerings from the
other
> telcos?
>
> I prob. will be travelling a fair bit in the coming months, including
trips
> to boonies where the hotels don't have free broadband (gasp!). Also,
having
> gotten used to my wi-fi connection at home, it would be nice to browse the
> web while sitting by the pool or whatever. In a few years, wi-fi will
> probably be all over the place, but for now I think cellular data is still
> my best bet.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Bill T

To follow up on Jerome's post, one thing more to mention to Bill T. If you
can qualify as a business account with SPCS, you can get unlimited wireless
for $80 with SPCS.
http://www.sprint.com/business/products/offers/offerPCSVision.jsp

Bob

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:53:14 GMT, "Bill T" <wctom1@pacbell.net> wrote:

>I prob. will be travelling a fair bit in the coming months, including trips
>to boonies where the hotels don't have free broadband (gasp!). Also, having

Hey, even in the boonies, if you can find a Hampton Inn or Hilton
Garden Inn, it has free high-speed.....

Deb

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:44:22 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> gotten used to my wi-fi connection at home, it would be nice to browse the
>> web while sitting by the pool or whatever. In a few years, wi-fi will
>> probably be all over the place, but for now I think cellular data is still
>> my best bet.
>>
>To follow up on Jerome's post, one thing more to mention to Bill T. If you
>can qualify as a business account with SPCS, you can get unlimited wireless
>for $80 with SPCS.
>http://www.sprint.com/business/products/offers/offerPCSVision.jsp

Which would definitely be worth looking at, since 300M will not go far
browsing these days.
Deb