sims 2 directx 9.0c failer

i can download directx 9.0c no problem but i can not
install it it says the microsoft sig' failed (wait isnt
this from microsoft) and i tried to install it from the cd
(same msg) said to contact syst' admin (... i'm the admin)
so any way i'm out 60 bucks and find out i cant install
9.0c is there a way to get around the no sig'?

i thought that there was a check box that said "install
anyway" but theres not just a ok box that closes out need
any help any one can give out.

Hi Hopdog,

"Hopdog" <hopdog90@charter.net> wrote in message news:1f0f01c49d1e$e03b9f40$3a01280a@phx.gbl...
| i can download directx 9.0c no problem but i can not
| install it it says the microsoft sig' failed (wait isnt
| this from microsoft) and i tried to install it from the cd
| (same msg) said to contact syst' admin (... i'm the admin)
| so any way i'm out 60 bucks and find out i cant install
| 9.0c is there a way to get around the no sig'?
|
| i thought that there was a check box that said "install
| anyway" but theres not just a ok box that closes out need
| any help any one can give out.

You might have disabled Cryptographic Services, in which case

Set the Cryptographic Services to Automatic, and then try to install the program again. To set the Cryptographic Services to
Automatic, follow these steps:
1.. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
2.. Double-click Services.
3.. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
4.. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Hopdog" <hopdog90@charter.net> wrote:
>i can download directx 9.0c no problem but i can not
>install it it says the microsoft sig' failed (wait isnt
>this from microsoft) and i tried to install it from the cd
>(same msg) said to contact syst' admin (... i'm the admin)
>so any way i'm out 60 bucks and find out i cant install
>9.0c is there a way to get around the no sig'?
>
>i thought that there was a check box that said "install
>anyway" but theres not just a ok box that closes out need
>any help any one can give out.

Your video card might not support it. If you're trying to install that level of directx, you might need a very powerful video card (x800, 6800 GT).