THE AUDIO INCOMPETENTS:David Morley, Hank Alrich, Mike Riv..

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
February 14, 2005 7:46:50 PM

Do not trust these people for your audio recording advice.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 7:46:51 PM

Kevin

is this what one would expect from a educated man....
are you proud of your faithful legion
has this flame war shown everyone how truly gifted you are

maybe you think george bush is an educated man too....
and everyone should be at war....

why don't you just put up your own web page and take your homophobic
fan base
(and phil please) and the 90's pop music engineering idealogue to Texas
( I always thought Canada was above this american trash talking)
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:41:06 PM

hank alrich wrote:
> Troy wrote:
>
> > Maybe you should give us your real full name and real email.I don't
trust
> > anyone who has to hide under a false name and email.
>
> That which comes to "life" via the cloaca of a chicken is not likely
> give up hiding.
>
> That Fanshawe cullige must be purdy durned edewmuhcashunal nowdaze.
>
> --
> ha

Sure google me
kevin doyle recording engineer or
kevin doyle music producer

have fun
They say the truth never hurts
In this case it might though
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 14, 2005 8:59:37 PM

>>>Sure google me
kevin doyle recording engineer or
kevin doyle music producer

have fun
They say the truth never hurts
In this case it might though<<<

Does Mom know you're using her computer?
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:19:19 PM

"Guido" <guido@guidotoons.com> wrote in message
> kevin doyle recording engineer or
> kevin doyle music producer
>
> have fun
> They say the truth never hurts
> In this case it might though<<<
>
> Does Mom know you're using her computer?

. . .or her under garments?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:05:31 AM

dale wrote:

> (and phil please)

Just to twist the ot-ness of this a bit: Phil seems to not only have
calmed down, but has been downright cordial and even admitted to a
misteak (albeit long-ago). Except for an occasional outburst. Might be
time to lighten up on him. Especially with this fishy "kevin" stuff
going on; there's a new troll in town (why isn't there an emoticon for
singing?).
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:12:28 AM

I can't talk of these guys as I don't know their work, All I can say is I
remember some guy giving all this advice on how to record good guitar tones
and I think it was even published in a magazine. Just once I finally heard
his work I never read another article from him. His worked was awful at
best, but he had a great article on paper. So in anything not just music ,
before following anybody's advice, make sure they can do what you want to
acomplish! And on these newsgroup espescially, there are so many people
giving advice who really shouldn't!

"john" <rap@bastards.com> wrote in message
> Do not trust these people for your audio recording advice.

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:47:13 AM

"john" <rap@bastards.com> wrote in message

THE AUDIO INCOMPETENTS: David Morley, Hank Alrich, Mike Rivers,S. O'Neil,
Richard Crowley, Roger Norman,Kurt Albershardt,Joe Sensor, David, Art Kruger
, Pooh Bear, Pooh Bear, George Gleason, and hev

Who the heck is "Art Kruger"?

Dare I be so presumptuous as to include myself (misspellings aside!) on this
list of highly respectable individuals? ;-)

>Never trust these people for your audio recording advice.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:47:14 AM

Arny Krueger wrote:

> Who the heck is "Art Kruger"?

Freddie's brother, the accountant from Hoboken.

> Dare I be so presumptuous as to include myself (misspellings aside!)
> on this list of highly respectable individuals? ;-)

No; I made the list and you didn't, nyaah nyahhh nyahhh
February 15, 2005 1:24:29 AM

Ouch!!!!!

So should we trust you John ?????

Maybe you should give us your real full name and real email.I don't trust
anyone who has to hide under a false name and email.

A lot of the people you say not to trust are some of the most respected
people who help out a lot of people on a lot of subjects.

john <rap@bastards.com> wrote in message
> Do not trust these people for your audio recording advice.

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:57:42 AM

Troy wrote:

> Maybe you should give us your real full name and real email.I don't trust
> anyone who has to hide under a false name and email.

That which comes to "life" via the cloaca of a chicken is not likely to
give up hiding.

That Fanshawe cullige must be purdy durned edewmuhcashunal nowdaze.

--
ha
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:57:43 AM

Your Precious Rec.Audio.Pro (pro? buahahaha!) is going down BABY!
BURN BABY BURN!

rec.audio.pro and it's sycophants are going down in flames.

Finally someone who knows his stuff puts up the real deal on home recording
.. Do a google.com group search for "kevindoylemusic":
http://groups-beta.google.com/

Ps: Can you say flame war?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!....Time to celebrate!

> Troy wrote:
>
> > Maybe you should give us your real full name and real email.I don't
trust
> > anyone who has to hide under a false name and email.
>
> That which comes to "life" via the cloaca of a chicken is not likely to
> give up hiding.
>
> That Fanshawe cullige must be purdy durned edewmuhcashunal nowdaze.
>
> --
> ha
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 8:56:17 AM

Arny Krueger wrote:
> "john" <rap@bastards.com> wrote in message
>
> THE AUDIO INCOMPETENTS: David Morley, Hank Alrich, Mike Rivers,S. O'Neil,
> Richard Crowley, Roger Norman,Kurt Albershardt,Joe Sensor, David, Art Kruger
> , Pooh Bear, Pooh Bear, George Gleason, and hev
>
> Who the heck is "Art Kruger"?
>
> Dare I be so presumptuous as to include myself (misspellings aside!) on this
> list of highly respectable individuals? ;-)
>

>>Never trust these people for your audio recording advice.
>

> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

funny thing is I come to rec audio pro to learn
I have no specialized knowledge of recording
I am a noob to recording and I don't offer much recording advice
most the advice I offer is from a live sound slant
February 15, 2005 9:21:36 AM

HI Dale
I am actually fairly up to date I think.
Last year recorded the Berlin and Bratislave Orchestras for a movie
called "Lazarus Child" and the "Olympic games" Both sessions were
pre-produced with logic and pro-tools and the orchestra was
over-dubbed. It was recorded and mixed for 5.1. Andrea Bocelli
performed the closing credits. The final mixing process involved
over100 tracks. So what are you doing these days that make you the
audio guru of today and the future? I also think the music scene is
very exciting in Austin, I am sure Dave can confirm this.
All the best
kevin
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:14:58 AM

"George Gleason" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Arny Krueger wrote:
>> "john" <rap@bastards.com> wrote in message

>> THE AUDIO INCOMPETENTS: David Morley, Hank Alrich, Mike Rivers,S.
>> O'Neil, Richard Crowley, Roger Norman,Kurt Albershardt,Joe Sensor,
>> David, Art Kruger , Pooh Bear, Pooh Bear, George Gleason, and hev

>> Who the heck is "Art Kruger"?

>> Dare I be so presumptuous as to include myself (misspellings aside!)
>> on this list of highly respectable individuals? ;-)

> funny thing is I come to rec audio pro to learn
> I have no specialized knowledge of recording

I think this guy accessed some list of people who were posting here
frequently.

> I am a noob to recording and I don't offer much recording advice
> most the advice I offer is from a live sound slant

Well George you know that I do both, and often both at the same time. I
agree that cross-pollination is possible.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:55:11 AM

john wrote:
> Do not trust these people for your audio recording advice.

Damn, missed the list again.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:13:10 AM

"Audioamigo" <golgatha77@yahoo.ca>

> (519) 452-4430 ext. 4387

"That extension cannot be accessed from this number, please try again...."
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:13:11 AM

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message

> "Audioamigo" <golgatha77@yahoo.ca>
>
>> (519) 452-4430 ext. 4387
>

> "That extension cannot be accessed from this number, please try again...."

Go here and search for the telephone number, proper extension, and direct email
address of any staff member at the college:
http://www.fanshawec.on.ca/addressbook/default.asp

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:37:22 PM

Damn, a pissing contest!

That's nothin, Kevin... John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix and Elvis returned from
the dead
and came to Bennett Studios just to record with me...
,,,,and we used 102 tracks!!!!

Analog, 5 Studers locked together, 7.1 Mix..... So there!

Dave Kowalski
www.bennettstudios.com

<kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote in message
> HI Dale
> I am actually fairly up to date I think.
> Last year recorded the Berlin and Bratislave Orchestras for a movie
> called "Lazarus Child" and the "Olympic games" Both sessions were
> pre-produced with logic and pro-tools and the orchestra was
> over-dubbed. It was recorded and mixed for 5.1. Andrea Bocelli
> performed the closing credits. The final mixing process involved
> over100 tracks. So what are you doing these days that make you the
> audio guru of today and the future? I also think the music scene is
> very exciting in Austin, I am sure Dave can confirm this.
> All the best
> kevin

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:02:17 PM

>My Thesis
>Chicken Proctology
>Harvard

ah
one of kevins literate legion
an east coast preppie....
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:25:32 PM

>>I am a noob to recording and I don't offer much recording advice
>>most the advice I offer is from a live sound slant
>

> Well George you know that I do both, and often both at the same time. I
> agree that cross-pollination is possible.

I have actively avoided recording till just a few months ago
I do not like recording
the process of recording annoys me
but it is a service my customers are demanding, so I reluctantly am
learning
at least archive two track recording
I have 0 ambition, in fact I still have a active dislike for studio
production
I would rather sell cars than make studio work my career

But in order to be a better sound guy I need to keep improving my skills
I had less than 0 desire to get a CDL license as well
but the realities of my career dictated that I gain the skills of a real
truck driver as well
for mission critical recording I hire someone that enjoys recording, as
they will give it the proper attention professional results demand
George
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 4:04:32 PM

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
> Please don't pretend you're not a part of this little assault on
r.a.p..
> Do you enjoy talking to yourself ?

holy hp paranoid fellow...back up
I am no part of any of this assault as you phrase it
just wondering why the simplistic diatribes on beginner level audio are
posted
on a pro site????
for what purpose, there was no question asked just rhetoric given by
"kevin"
and it amuses me on how his "followers" leap to the defense
and the group battles.

what a hunk of malarkey

but I am having a good laugh......
it does seem that this kevin and his followers are
kind of like lemmings or
the Jones kool-aid thing.

dale
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 6:45:24 PM

<kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote:

> So what are you doing these days that make you the
> audio guru of today and the future?

Among the things Scott does is try to prevent folks from lifiting
grounds in the potentially fatal manner you have suggested in one of
your cut 'n' paste frenzies. If you claim to be nontechnical then maybe
it'd be smart (not that I'm looking for smart from folks posting under
your name) to avoid making technical suggestions.

--
ha
Anonymous

<jwilliams3@audioupgrades.comedy> wrote:

> Damn, missed the list again.

Bingo!

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich wrote:
> <jwilliams3@audioupgrades.comedy> wrote:
>

>>Damn, missed the list again.
>

> Bingo!

Hey, I made the list, but I don't find it all that satisfying. Perhaps I
can put my place up on ebay? Any offers?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 9:33:15 PM

"Joe Sensor" <crabcakes@emagic.net> wrote in message news:37es2lF4hjo1sU1@individual.net...
> hank alrich wrote:
> > <jwilliams3@audioupgrades.comedy> wrote:
> >

> >>Damn, missed the list again.
> >

> > Bingo!
>
> Hey, I made the list, but I don't find it all that satisfying. Perhaps I
> can put my place up on ebay? Any offers?

Hey... I made the list and I haven't offered any decent audio advice
in over two years. 'Nuff said...?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:55:32 PM

dale <dallen@frognet.net> wrote:
>>My Thesis
>>Chicken Proctology
>>Harvard
>
>ah
>one of kevins literate legion
>an east coast preppie....

Hey, I did mine on settling of D/A converters... and in the end run it
turned out all to be chicken proctology too.
--scott

February 15, 2005 11:14:28 PM

"dale" <dallen@frognet.net> wrote in message news:1108497737.851291.62550@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> >My Thesis
> >Chicken Proctology
> >Harvard
>

> ah
> one of kevins literate legion
> an east coast preppie....

Please don't pretend you're not a part of this little assault on r.a.p..
Do you enjoy talking to yourself ?
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:17:36 AM

"dale" <dallen@frognet.net> wrote in message ...

> holy hp paranoid fellow...back up

Sorry Dale,

I was put off by the similarities in the way your typing appeared to
be so close to that of the curent names in question. I also failed to
do my homework on you and jumped to conclusions. Sorry...
I guess my trigger finger has become a little too itchy over the
past four days.

DM
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:33:26 AM

>> hank alrich wrote:
>> > Bingo!

> Joe Sensor wrote ...
>> Hey, I made the list, but I don't find it all that satisfying.
>> Perhaps I
>> can put my place up on ebay? Any offers?

David Morgan wrote ...
> Hey... I made the list and I haven't offered any decent audio advice
> in over two years. 'Nuff said...?

The fact that I was included in such an illustrious ensemble would
appear to be prima facia evidence that the poster is a clueless troll.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:33:23 AM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:18:01 -0500, "Devil@Work@audio.song" <RAP IS
GOING DOWN BABY@YOU.HEAR?> wrote:

>Your Precious Rec.Audio.Pro (pro? buahahaha!) is going down BABY!
>BURN BABY BURN!
>
>rec.audio.pro and it's <snip>

Well, at least we know this one is relatively uneducated.

It is "ITS", moron. "It's" is a contraction of the third person
declension of the verb "to be."

Come back when you're off the crystal meth.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:19:49 AM

Audioamigo <golgatha77@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> My Thesis
> Chicken Proctology
> Harvard

Aren't you s'posed to be tending biz in the White House?

--
ha
Anonymous

David Morgan wrote:

> Sorry...
> I guess my trigger finger has become a little too itchy over the
> past four days.

I'll just keep the .410 here for a few more weeks, David.

--
ha
Anonymous

posted at top of page in google

dale
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:02:10 AM

"hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote in message news:1gs1gtq.2sv0nf1folpx1N%walkinay@thegrid.net...
> David Morgan wrote:
>
> > Sorry...
> > I guess my trigger finger has become a little too itchy over the
> > past four days.
>
> I'll just keep the .410 here for a few more weeks, David.
>
> --
> ha

I'll end up having to use it on myself... I'd better stay in Texas.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:50:14 PM

www.google.com

> <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> So what are you doing these days that make you the
>> audio guru of today and the future?
>
> Among the things Scott does is try to prevent folks from lifiting
> grounds in the potentially fatal manner you have suggested in one of
> your cut 'n' paste frenzies. If you claim to be nontechnical then maybe
> it'd be smart (not that I'm looking for smart from folks posting under
> your name) to avoid making technical suggestions.
>
> --
> ha
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 1:02:53 PM

"Devil@Work@audio.song" <RAP IS GOING DOWN BABY@YOU.HEAR?> wrote in message
> Your Precious Rec.Audio.Pro (pro? buahahaha!) is going down BABY!
> BURN BABY BURN!
>
> rec.audio.pro and it's sycophants are going down in flames.

Well, let's see. You're posting from IP address 24.201.121.151 which is the same
IP address you used when posting under "john" <rap@bastards.com>. No big
surprise there.

But since you usually post as "marc" <mat079@yahoo.com> and you've demonstrated
that you can be a decent human being in other groups:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_uauthors=mat079...

I'm wondering what's your sudden problem with rap?

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 2:11:17 PM

\> I am no part of any of this assault as you phrase it
> just wondering why the simplistic diatribes on beginner level audio are
> posted
> on a pro site????

Man, and all this time I'd thought the "pro" was short for production.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 3:01:08 PM

>But the 'pro' in rec.audio.pro does mean production. In fact, since
the
>'rec' in rec.audio.pro actually stands for 'recreational', why there's
so
>much policing going on is a bit surprising sometimes.

sorry if I do not know these minute details
I was just going by what is posted on the google web interface.
that is where I did the copy / paste at top of message

dale

ps no shot gun is necessary, I will mend my ways..... maybe!
opps, I play trombone not guitar... guess I shouldn't worry about hank.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:28:40 PM

Guitar players.... sheeesh.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:28:46 PM

"dale" <dallen@frognet.net> wrote in message news:1108556573.307887.109770@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

> posted at top of page in google
>
> dale

But the 'pro' in rec.audio.pro does mean production. In fact, since the
'rec' in rec.audio.pro actually stands for 'recreational', why there's so
much policing going on is a bit surprising sometimes.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:43:59 PM

David Morgan wrote:

> Guitar players.... sheeesh.

Awriiight, you, I'm bringin' the .410!!

(I kinda doubt these clowns could manage a guitar...)

--
ha
Anonymous

"hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote in message news:1gs2ogn.1rk96brx9y0uhN%walkinay@thegrid.net...
> David Morgan wrote:
>
> > Guitar players.... sheeesh.
>
> Awriiight, you, I'm bringin' the .410!!
>
> (I kinda doubt these clowns could manage a guitar...)

I thought about how many guitar players were here *after* I hit send. :-(
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:56:31 PM

David Morgan wrote:

> "hank alrich" wrote...
> > David Morgan wrote:
> >
> > > Guitar players.... sheeesh.
> >
> > Awriiight, you, I'm bringin' the .410!!
> >
> > (I kinda doubt these clowns could manage a guitar...)
>

> I thought about how many guitar players were here *after* I hit send. :-(

S'okay, rock salt doesn't usually do lasting damage. I'll leave out the
nails.

--
ha
Anonymous

"dale" <dallen@frognet.net> wrote in message news:1108580997.989867.84140@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> >But the 'pro' in rec.audio.pro does mean production. In fact, since
> the
> >'rec' in rec.audio.pro actually stands for 'recreational', why there's
> so
> >much policing going on is a bit surprising sometimes.
>
> sorry if I do not know these minute details
> I was just going by what is posted on the google web interface.
> that is where I did the copy / paste at top of message
>
> dale
>
> ps no shot gun is necessary, I will mend my ways..... maybe!
> opps, I play trombone not guitar... guess I shouldn't worry about hank.

Hank play a really mean banjo if the shotgun doesn't scare you away.

;-)
!