Windows 7 Startup Stuck

Elyaouti900

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Guys I have a Little problem Which i Hope you Guys Can Help Me Figure Out Well Recently I Dropped My Laptop Off The Table And Now At This Point When I Try To Turn It On It Freezes At The Startup With The Windows 7 Logo And It Take Around 10 Minutes Just to Get Passed That Then When I Get To The Point To Log In I Get This Error ''Interactive Login Process Has Failed Please Consult The Event Log For More Detail''

What I have Tried

Startup Repair But It Said it was Offline
Reinstalled Windows 7 3 Times
Take out The RAM and Put it Back in
Take Out the Hard Drive and Put it Back In

I Tried All Of These Nothing Seems To Work

I am Only Able To Boot with Safe Mode And To Be Honest It Starts Windows Perfect

As Of Right Now I am Posting This Question On My Laptop That I Dropped While On Safe Mode and I cannot load Starting windows normally

If anyone can help Thank you

Sounds as if a process is causing the problem, possibly associated with hardware damage. To isolate, try Clean Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

jamesmcuk

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Open Event Viewer then

Open “Applications and Services Logs,” “Microsoft,” “Windows,” “Diagnostics / Performance,” “Operational”

Click the tab on Task Category to order them then look at all the "Boot Performance" catagory ones (discard ones with event ID 100 this is just total boot time)

Clcik each one for the last time you booted when not in safe mode (by date) and see which ones are taking the time to complete. There is a total time in milliseconds on each. This may give an indication of the hardware at fault.

I see this problem with laptops all the time, it is the most common fault I see with laptops. Probably the hard drive has became damaged due to the fall and you will need to get a new one. You can test this by downloading the manufacture of your hard drive disk diagnostic utility from their web site or download Hirens boot CD if you can't get into Windows in safe mode.

boot into safe mode with a usb stick...pull your data off the drive or conenct to network at home and turn on file sharing and copy over the network to another pc your data. then run the laptop restore. if you ddid not do an fdisk then a format you could be copying damaged files over. use mscofig and turn every thing off in start up. also go in an uninstall your video card drivers and anti virus software. these are the two main things that will load at start up and the first to be damaged. you can always reinstall them both if the error stops.

kamal2303

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
same problame was happin with me earlier ...bus since i open my laptop and clean my fan and apply some thermal paste on my processor ...dont know how but its working smooth now

earlier start up stuck and i have to run start up repair

one more suggestion it could be beacuse of not proper installation of windows ...so make sure you ahve installed windows right

jamesmcuk

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Although I would expect hard disk damage to prevent windows installation it is the most likely issue affecting the system.

However Kamal2303 above raises a very good point. It is possible that once the drivers are installed the chips start running hotter and causing strange behaviour. This could be due to the dried thermal paste on your chips no longer making a good connection following the shock.