BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Maaaasta

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hey guys. Wasn't really a help section that I could find, so I posted it here. I keep getting BSOD's with the same messages over and over again

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

and

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Im running on Windows 8 Pro and I'm desperate for help. No minidumps are being saved to the computer. The Computer has passed 7 times using memtest86. I am compeltely clueless as to what to do. The problem has persisted for a whole year (Started on windows 7 :( ) It happens everytime i am: Gaming, Youtube'ing, Talking on Teamspeak. Anything I do is a threat to the computer. Please help me out ASAP.

P.S If stats are needed post what you need and instructions on how to obtain them. Thanks

~Chris

SOLUTION: I increased my voltage on all my components via the bios.

Solution

generally a inpage error and no...

generally a inpage error and no crash dump saved indicates that the OS was unable to read data from a storage subsystem (disk drive).

there can be several reasons for this:
-poor cables: thermal expansion and contraction of cable connectors between a hard drive and a SATA port can make and break the connection. The device will see this as being unplugged while it is in use. Some electronic devices will refuse to reconnect (or just become confused until reset).
Often you can fix this by replacing the cables or work around this by going into the BIOS and enable hotswap for the port that your drive is on. This tells the OS to expect to get disconnected.( still get disconnected but it auto reconnects so you only get stupid little pauses rather than a crashed OS)

other things:
-update BIOS lots of bugs in various versions of BIOS that effect drive controllers. Your problem might go away with a BIOS update.

-if that fails to fix the problem, then you need to update the chipset drivers for your CPU.

- try a different sata port or second controller if your system has one
(lots of funky hardware, I had systems that the sata 2 would go deaf after a few hours but the sata 3 worked great)

- if all these fail then start to look at your actual drive, sometimes you will get event log errors from the disk subsystem that indicates that the drive took too long to respond. This can mean, bugs in the electronics of the drive (sometimes you can turn off lazy writes and things will work after that) sometimes you can get firmware updates for your drive.
- windows 8 was the first windows OS to turn on Low power management by default
Lots of drives have bogus electronics and fail or get confused and stop responding.
you can turn off the feature in control panel under the power management options for the drive and that might help.

Solution

Maaaasta

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Does this help anyone?

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 3

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-03-03T14:40:00.502866500Z

EventRecordID 7890

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Chris-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0

Currently updating realtek audio driver as recommended on another thread.

Maaaasta

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
bQKhYIp.jpg

weN7VnN.jpg

Tom1305

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

How did you do that? I'm not great with computers but I'm getting the same DPC error as you on my new laptop and its incredibly frustrating!