Removing small scratch from faceplate "window"

Can anyone advise on removing or lessening a slight, shallow
scratch from a Sanyo 4920 faceplate window?

It's nothing serious, of course, but I'd just as soon not see
it.

Thanks, DGI
8 answers Last reply
More about removing small scratch faceplate window

    Now, I don't know that this will work on your phone, but I used this
    trick on my PDA screen...
    Plain white tooth paste....rub it around with your finger.... then
    wipe off with soft cloth...
    This does not actually remove the scratch, but uses the abrasive in
    the paste to smooth out the scratch...kinda like extra super fine sand
    paper....and the paste acts like a polish at the same time...You don't
    get rid of the scratch, but smooth it out so it doesn't stand out as
    much.

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 04:07:37 -0400, David G. Imber
    <imber@maniform.com> wrote:

    > Can anyone advise on removing or lessening a slight, shallow
    >scratch from a Sanyo 4920 faceplate window?
    >
    > It's nothing serious, of course, but I'd just as soon not see
    >it.
    >
    > Thanks, DGI

    I got some stuff that works fairly well. It is made by: Novus, Inc.,
    Minneapolis, MN
    It comes in three small plastic bottles labelled:
    1 Plastic Clean & Shine
    2 Fine Scratch Remover
    3 Heavy Scratch Remover

    Just Google: Novus Scratch Remover

    --
    Tom Brown
    thombrown at san dot rr dot com

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:24:14 GMT, "Tom Brown"
    <thombrown@san.nospam.rr.com> wrote:

    >I got some stuff that works fairly well. It is made by: Novus, Inc.,
    >Minneapolis, MN
    >It comes in three small plastic bottles labelled:
    >1 Plastic Clean & Shine
    >2 Fine Scratch Remover
    >3 Heavy Scratch Remover

    That rings a bell. I think I used to use that for my helmet
    faceplate when I had a motorcycle.

    Thanks to all for your suggestions.

    DGI

    Smiling Wickedly, Willa Jabir answered:

    > Now, I don't know that this will work on your phone, but I used this
    > trick on my PDA screen...
    > Plain white tooth paste....rub it around with your finger.... then
    > wipe off with soft cloth...
    > This does not actually remove the scratch, but uses the abrasive in
    > the paste to smooth out the scratch...kinda like extra super fine sand
    > paper....and the paste acts like a polish at the same time...You don't
    > get rid of the scratch, but smooth it out so it doesn't stand out as
    > much.

    AND IT SMELLS MINTY FRESH!

    of course!! you don't want it to smell bad when you got it that close
    to your face :D

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:45:20 -0700, Michael Arends
    <mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net> wrote:

    >Smiling Wickedly, Willa Jabir answered:
    >
    >> Now, I don't know that this will work on your phone, but I used this
    >> trick on my PDA screen...
    >> Plain white tooth paste....rub it around with your finger.... then
    >> wipe off with soft cloth...
    >> This does not actually remove the scratch, but uses the abrasive in
    >> the paste to smooth out the scratch...kinda like extra super fine sand
    >> paper....and the paste acts like a polish at the same time...You don't
    >> get rid of the scratch, but smooth it out so it doesn't stand out as
    >> much.
    >
    >AND IT SMELLS MINTY FRESH!

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:24:14 GMT, "Tom Brown"
    <thombrown@san.nospam.rr.com> wrote:

    >I got some stuff that works fairly well. It is made by: Novus, Inc.,
    >Minneapolis, MN
    >It comes in three small plastic bottles labelled:
    >1 Plastic Clean & Shine
    >2 Fine Scratch Remover
    >3 Heavy Scratch Remover
    >
    >Just Google: Novus Scratch Remover
    >
    >On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:07:37 UTC, David G. Imber <imber@maniform.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone advise on removing or lessening a slight, shallow
    >> scratch from a Sanyo 4920 faceplate window?
    >>
    >> It's nothing serious, of course, but I'd just as soon not see
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Thanks, DGI

    Yep, you can pick up those little babies at your local CONTAINER
    STORE; used for repairing/cleaning acrylic! works great for DVDs too!

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:45:48 -0400, David G. Imber
    <imber@maniform.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:24:14 GMT, "Tom Brown"
    ><thombrown@san.nospam.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I got some stuff that works fairly well. It is made by: Novus, Inc.,
    >>Minneapolis, MN
    >>It comes in three small plastic bottles labelled:
    >>1 Plastic Clean & Shine
    >>2 Fine Scratch Remover
    >>3 Heavy Scratch Remover
    >
    > That rings a bell. I think I used to use that for my helmet
    >faceplate when I had a motorcycle.
    >
    > Thanks to all for your suggestions.
    >
    > DGI

    Yep, you can pick up those little babies at your local CONTAINER
    STORE; used for repairing/cleaning acrylic! works great for DVDs too!

    I use palm screen protectors on my pcs fone face.
    They have no adheasive, and stick by static
    electricity. They keep the screens scratch free,
    and you can get 12 protectors, which will cover
    24 screens for less than $8! And best of all, they
    do NOT affect the ability to see the screen!

    Presto, no scratches! I also use them on my mp3
    player, and other portable electronics that have screens
    that are likely to get scratched (mp3 player, etc)

    Hope this idea helps!

    > >On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:07:37 UTC, David G. Imber <imber@maniform.com>
    > >wrote:
    > >
    > >> Can anyone advise on removing or lessening a slight, shallow
    > >> scratch from a Sanyo 4920 faceplate window?
    > >>
    > >> It's nothing serious, of course, but I'd just as soon not see
    > >> it.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks, DGI

Sprint PCS Sanyo Internet Service Providers