Sign in with
Your question

Can't download and visit websites at the same time?

Last response: in Windows 7
June 15, 2012 2:51:43 AM

i'm with mediacom and i upgraded to ultra 50 i get 50 down 5 up has anyone had this problem? when i download anything i can't visit websites at the same time
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2012 3:57:14 AM

Can you test another computer on your network? I'm curious if the issue is related to your computer.
m
l
June 15, 2012 4:09:11 AM

i did it on my old laptop a dell b130 at first it didn't let me download and visit websites then a while later it did
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2012 4:12:50 AM

so is that Dell b130 the 2nd computer to exhibit the problem? or it is the only one you've tried thus far?
m
l
June 15, 2012 4:18:34 AM

i only have two computers a desktop which is a dell 545s thats the main computer i'm having trouble on and the dell b130 which i tried to test out and see if it would do the same
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2012 4:31:33 AM

okay so if multiple computers have the same symptom we can rule out a computer issue. what other network equipment do you have? cable modem and router? does the router have the latest firmware?
m
l
June 15, 2012 1:20:06 PM

i used mediacom modem which is a router too they had to change my modem when upgrading my internet
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2012 1:24:22 PM

okay well now you have your answer. the problem first began after installing this new equipment. it could be defective.
m
l
June 15, 2012 1:49:49 PM

yeah the guy dropped the modem but said it couldn't have done anything so a tech came out he gave me a new one but still have the same problem the tech said everything looked good so he never seen a problem like this and then told me to try my laptop when i did thats when it first didn't download or let me visit websites a t the same time then when he was about to leave i told him it let me download and visit websites he said it could be my desktop and i told him my laptop is old and slow even after re installing windows xp so it can't be my computer my desktop is three years old and i used to have 20 down 2 up i didn't have problems downloading and visiting websites at the same time
m
l
!