DirectX 9 installation error

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003

I am trying to install directx 9 in order to play Sims2.
But during installation components, a window pops up that
says, "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot
be trusted" and the only option is to click OK and then a
window pops up and says installation failed. What do I
have to do to get DirectX 9 installed?

Hi Joey,

If you have XP, check to see if your Cryptographic services are enabled.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"joey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29cf01c49d39$ddab1510$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| I am trying to install directx 9 in order to play Sims2.
| But during installation components, a window pops up that
| says, "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot
| be trusted" and the only option is to click OK and then a
| window pops up and says installation failed. What do I
| have to do to get DirectX 9 installed?

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003

Hello Jimmy,

I have XP and the Cryptographic services are set to
automatic. I restarted my computer and tried to install
DirectX 9 again, but the error message still keeps coming
up. Is there anything else I can check?

-joey

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"joey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:29cf01c49d39$ddab1510$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>| I am trying to install directx 9 in order to play
Sims2.
>| But during installation components, a window pops up
that
>| says, "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot
>| be trusted" and the only option is to click OK and
then a
>| window pops up and says installation failed. What do I
>| have to do to get DirectX 9 installed?
>

>.

Hi Joey,

Try installing SP2 via Windows Updates.
(It includes DirectX 9.0c)

--

"Joey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39ec01c49db0$88b86f90$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| Hello Jimmy,
|
| I have XP and the Cryptographic services are set to
| automatic. I restarted my computer and tried to install
| DirectX 9 again, but the error message still keeps coming
| up. Is there anything else I can check?
|
| -joey

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003

It looks like I'm having more problems, I cannot download
any windows updates, I get this error message:

Error number: 0x800B0001]

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot
display the requested page. You may find the following
resources helpful in resolving the problem:

Along with that, I get this message
Your current settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this
page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

Help!

Shell / User
>Jimmy S.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
>Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"Joey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:39ec01c49db0$88b86f90$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>| Hello Jimmy,
>|
>| I have XP and the Cryptographic services are set to
>| automatic. I restarted my computer and tried to install
>| DirectX 9 again, but the error message still keeps
coming
>| up. Is there anything else I can check?
>|
>| -joey

Hi Joey,

To resolve this problem:

1. Open a CMD.EXE windows.

2. Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each line:

regsvr32 /s Softpub.dll
regsvr32 /s Mssip32.dll
regsvr32 /s Initpki.dll

Also, add microsoft.com to your trusted sites in Internet Explorer
under Tools / Internet Options / Security / Trusted Sites

--

"Joey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13d101c49db8$5c4e38b0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| It looks like I'm having more problems, I cannot download
| any windows updates, I get this error message:
|
| Error number: 0x800B0001]
|
| Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot
| display the requested page. You may find the following
| resources helpful in resolving the problem:
|
| Along with that, I get this message
| Your current settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this
| page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.
|
| Help!

| >|
| >| I have XP and the Cryptographic services are set to
| >| automatic. I restarted my computer and tried to install
| >| DirectX 9 again, but the error message still keeps
| coming
| >| up. Is there anything else I can check?
| >|
| >| -joey