NHL 2005 - Not sure what to think about the new "open ice"..

On the one hand, it would seem to play more like realistic hockey, but
on the other hand, it looks like it could turn the game into even more
of a shot-fest than it already is.

What I would REALLY like to see are more errant passes, shots off
target, and shots that are fanned on. I'd also like to see defenders
get their stick on a shot to deflect the puck into the stands. That's
a perfect example of "it's NOT in the game..." because it happens with
such regularity in real hockey, and I haven't seen it once in any of
the NHL series games.

--
Bill
(Please remove "no-spam" from address when replying)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:23:10 -0500, Bill Ko wrote:

> On the one hand, it would seem to play more like realistic hockey, but on
> the other hand, it looks like it could turn the game into even more of a
> shot-fest than it already is.

Got a link? I haven't read much about the upcoming release. Never did
play more than about 30 games of 2004, FWIW; could never get past the
glaringly bad HTML/IE-based menu system. That needs a complete overhaul
before I'll consider 2005 (at the very freakin' least, make right-clicks
do something!).

--
Ian Merrithew - ADM Systems Engineering
ian.merrithew "at" ieee.org

I would like to see what you mentioned also. I think that the open ice will
be a great feature. The ai was very messed up at some points in the game
and it is nice to see that they realize this and try to fix it.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

The stats in the simmed computer games have to be fixed for this to be
playable.

Jamie

"goodygood11" <mont29zag@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I would like to see what you mentioned also. I think that the open ice
will
> be a great feature. The ai was very messed up at some points in the game
> and it is nice to see that they realize this and try to fix it.

you male a very good point actually. people ending the season with 200
points? i doubt it. the vezina trophy winner every year is the only goalie
with a save percentage over .900, usually at .910, thats just stupid,
alomst all the startes in the league break .900.