  • IBM
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 30, 2004 8:34:36 AM

What game do you get for each sport, and which platform?

For me:

Baseball: Out of the Park Baseball, PC and MVP Baseball, PC (since High Heat
doesn't exist anymore)
Football: Madden, PC
Basketball: NBA 2K/ESPN Basketball, XBox
Soccer: FIFA, PC
Hockey: undecided

Jonah Falcon

More about : sports games platform

August 30, 2004 8:34:37 AM

> Baseball: Out of the Park Baseball, PC and MVP Baseball, PC (since High
Heat
> doesn't exist anymore)

High Heat exists!! Well in my heart anyway.... *cries*
August 30, 2004 2:02:36 PM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<w7yYc.7880$6o3.7039@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> What game do you get for each sport, and which platform?
>
> For me:
>
> Baseball: Out of the Park Baseball, PC and MVP Baseball, PC (since High Heat
> doesn't exist anymore)
> Football: Madden, PC
> Basketball: NBA 2K/ESPN Basketball, XBox

> Soccer: FIFA, PC

Huh? This choice seems terribly behind the times. With the superpatch
(even without if you don't need real names...), WE7I is a far superior
game, and costs less at list price. Why does anyone play FIFA anymore?

> Hockey: undecided
>
> Jonah Falcon
August 31, 2004 2:42:52 AM

"kg" <klgore@mailinator.com> wrote in message
news:D b6eb0c9.0408300902.694bea7c@posting.google.com...
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > What game do you get for each sport, and which platform?
> >
> > For me:
> >
> > Baseball: Out of the Park Baseball, PC and MVP Baseball, PC (since High
Heat
> > doesn't exist anymore)
> > Football: Madden, PC
> > Basketball: NBA 2K/ESPN Basketball, XBox
>
> > Soccer: FIFA, PC
>
> Huh? This choice seems terribly behind the times. With the superpatch
> (even without if you don't need real names...), WE7I is a far superior
> game, and costs less at list price. Why does anyone play FIFA anymore?

I really haven't tried Winning 11-7 yet.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 1:02:24 AM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message

soccer: Winning Eleven 7 PC, PS2
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 12:00:47 AM

In article <w7yYc.7880$6o3.7039@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
jonahnynla@mindspring.com says...
> What game do you get for each sport, and which platform?
>
> For me:
>
> Baseball: Out of the Park Baseball, PC and MVP Baseball, PC (since High Heat
> doesn't exist anymore)
I prefer MVP on the console, believe it or not. It doesn't f'up my
logitech. WSB has it's moments.

> Football: Madden, PC
Have you played ESPN? No contest there. ESPN by a mile.
> Basketball: NBA 2K/ESPN Basketball, XBox
Agreed.
> Soccer: FIFA, PC
So, don't play soccer much, do you? Winning Eleven 7 PC is the game.
Period. End of discussion. FIFA, it blows.

> Hockey: undecided
Why? ESPN NHL here too.

> Jonah Falcon

Anonymous
September 2, 2004 9:29:43 AM

> > Football: Madden, PC
> Have you played ESPN? No contest there. ESPN by a mile.

Yes, I didn't like it.

> > Hockey: undecided
> Why? ESPN NHL here too.

I'm starting to like NFL 2K5 too.