Wirless Router and Adapter

I recently set up a base station for my cable internet
connection on my main computer. At the same time I set
up a wirless usb adapter on a second computer. I had no
problems setting either up and both are running just fine.

I attempted to set up a third computer also with the
wireless usb adapter. During set up I was told that the
adapter could not find a wireless network. Any
suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about wirless router adapter

    Hi,

    Check your third computer to make sure that the Wireless Zero Configuration
    Service is started.

    Go to Start -> Run
    then type in services.msc
    and then hit ok
    Then scroll down to the wireless zero configuration and double click on it
    and make sure the service is started.
    Then try searching for your wireless network again.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "LLewan" <llewan@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I recently set up a base station for my cable internet
    > connection on my main computer. At the same time I set
    > up a wirless usb adapter on a second computer. I had no
    > problems setting either up and both are running just fine.
    >
    > I attempted to set up a third computer also with the
    > wireless usb adapter. During set up I was told that the
    > adapter could not find a wireless network. Any
    > suggestions?

Routers Computers USB Adapter Networking