New SPCS sites in Newbury Park, CA ???

This morning, I noticed two workmen at the pole-mounted cell site
located at the western-most end of Lynn Road at Via Acosta Circle,
adjacent to Dos Vientos / Two Winds Ranch. This is in the extreme
southwest area of Newbury Park, which is in Thousand Oaks, CA.

I stopped and asked the guys which carrier the site was for.
Initially, they were somewhat hesitant to answer my question directly
and hedged around somewhat, but once he was comfortable with the fact
that I was seemed knowledgeable and was not a NIMBY type, he indicated
that people with Sprint phones would be noticing a tremendous
difference in coverage in this area.

Perhaps the other similar recent installations on Potrero Road, one
deep in the canyon west of this location, the others east of here
dotted throughout Hidden Valley along Potrero Road, are also SPCS.
Anyone care to offer their two cents' worth?

This is significant, due to the fact that Thousand Oaks, Westlake
Village, and other nearby communities are very resistant to allowing
wireless growth. Lots and lots of NIMBYs in these here parts, ya know?
1 answer Last reply
More about spcs sites newbury park

    And they are the biggest idiots complaining about no cell service! In the
    area where I live, SPCS made a deal with the school district and put cell
    antennas on an elementary and high school smokestack and repainted them as
    part of the deal (and this is in one of the 'old money' areas of metro
    Detroit-Grosse Pointe Park and Farms-there's an antenna in the tower of the
    Grosse Pointe Yacht Club w/Cingular).

    Chris

    "PCW" <pcw@ureach.com> wrote in message
    > This morning, I noticed two workmen at the pole-mounted cell site
    > located at the western-most end of Lynn Road at Via Acosta Circle,
    > adjacent to Dos Vientos / Two Winds Ranch. This is in the extreme
    > southwest area of Newbury Park, which is in Thousand Oaks, CA.
    >
    > I stopped and asked the guys which carrier the site was for.
    > Initially, they were somewhat hesitant to answer my question directly
    > and hedged around somewhat, but once he was comfortable with the fact
    > that I was seemed knowledgeable and was not a NIMBY type, he indicated
    > that people with Sprint phones would be noticing a tremendous
    > difference in coverage in this area.
    >
    > Perhaps the other similar recent installations on Potrero Road, one
    > deep in the canyon west of this location, the others east of here
    > dotted throughout Hidden Valley along Potrero Road, are also SPCS.
    > Anyone care to offer their two cents' worth?
    >
    > This is significant, due to the fact that Thousand Oaks, Westlake
    > Village, and other nearby communities are very resistant to allowing
    > wireless growth. Lots and lots of NIMBYs in these here parts, ya know?

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers